New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

For me,a Holy Grail would be the multi-track Japan 71 shows, No surprise there.

And as long as we're dreaming/speculating, I wonder if there's any chance of the 40 second video from the LZ II sessions appearing on this set.

For me,a Holy Grail would be the multi-track Japan 71 shows, No surprise there.

And as long as we're dreaming/speculating, I wonder if there's any chance of the 40 second video from the LZ II sessions appearing on this set.

it would be cool if when you popped the bonus CDs into your computer they linked up to multimedia content either via the CD or via a secure webpage. That would be a cool treat to include in things, just a website with additional small video clips, that sort of thing, maybe some live footage.

Not sure about everyone else, but I am looking most forward to the outtakes from PG to ITTOD. In particular, the song "Say Your Gonna Leave Me / Fire" sounds just outstanding, and I just hope we get a nice clean version of it. From what I've heard, it sounds like where Zep were headed in the future.

Not sure about everyone else, but I am looking most forward to the outtakes from PG to ITTOD. In particular, the song "Say Your Gonna Leave Me / Fire" sounds just outstanding, and I just hope we get a nice clean version of it. From what I've heard, it sounds like where Zep were headed in the future.

Oh yes, i am with your there Dark Lord. I really hope that it finds it's way on either ITTOD or CODA.

Dose anybody have any Idea how much stuff Page has that we haven't heard?

I would imagine there is tons of material. The problem with most of it is that it is likely so embryonic as to be pre-demo. The real question is how much of it is alternate takes, and demos that are salvageable enough to release to the public. My guess is there probably isn't a whole lot that would make the final cut. We do know that it is enough to make companion discs for each album.

On another note, there was a lot of talk about putting various outtakes with their original era albums (HHWCID, for example), but I can see why Jimmy would elect not to do that. They did the selection process years ago when the albums were intially compiled, and it makes sense that they might want to leave the tracks and running order in tact, as a consistent musical statement of an era. Going back and mucking about would, in some ways, be like adding a painted airplane flying behind Mona Lisa in the original masterpiece. It just wouldn't be right. I still hold my belief that Coda will be the album to watch, and will surprise us all.

I would imagine there is tons of material. The problem with most of it is that it is likely so embryonic as to be pre-demo. The real question is how much of it is alternate takes, and demos that are salvageable enough to release to the public. My guess is there probably isn't a whole lot that would make the final cut. We do know that it is enough to make companion discs for each album.

On another note, there was a lot of talk about putting various outtakes with their original era albums (HHWCID, for example), but I can see why Jimmy would elect not to do that. They did the selection process years ago when the albums were intially compiled, and it makes sense that they might want to leave the tracks and running order in tact, as a consistent musical statement of an era. Going back and mucking about would, in some ways, be like adding a painted airplane flying behind Mona Lisa in the original masterpiece. It just wouldn't be right. I still hold my belief that Coda will be the album to watch, and will surprise us all.

Who knows and maybe we will see this for Zep and/r Page material as well. I may bit at some loss here, but what does HHWCID stand for? Probably, something I know. :sos:

I still hold my belief that Coda will be the album to watch, and will surprise us all.

That would make total sense considering that Coda wouldn't have any outtake material of its own

The companion disc for Coda would have to consist of additional outtakes from the first 8 albums or maybe some very late live material.

Otherwise, one would assume that Coda itself might have been split up to assign the various tracks to the corresponding companion discs of the other albums.

we should know more once they start rolling out these interviews with page that have been conducted over the last few days/weeks. Hopefully, the journalists or at least some of them went in depth. I would imagine that tolinski given his level of fandom would go in-depth and ask about specific rarities or at least about specific songs that haven't been released in quality as well as what to expect beyond alt. takes of stuff we already have. At the very least, would think these interviews will shed some light on the likelihood of getting any additional live material on the 6 subsequent albums that we don't yet know the full information on yet.......

In regards to video, and this is just punting here, but wouldn't it be cool if after the last round of releases comes out, they release a true video anthology of the band, compiling ALL the video footage Page has and truly hitting all eras including 1977, more of Earl's Court, etc. The goal would be to have enough material to make it fully independent from the Led Zeppelin DVD of 2003, almost a companion piece to bookend the re-releases.

Page will never show all the treasures this time around...that would mark the end for him and the band...in the public view for another generation to enjoy...IMO the new releases will one day be followed by live shows from the vault...covering the life span of group...to show all his cards now does not make sense.

Page will never show all the treasures this time around...that would mark the end for him and the band...in the public view for another generation to enjoy...IMO the new releases will one day be followed by live shows from the vault...covering the life span of group...to show all his cards now does not make sense.

Your missing the point.

With regards to the LZ2 companion disk, does anyone have any knowledge/theories about what "La La (intro)" may be?

It's being billed as an unreleased track by the press, but is it something that has been circulating on the studio outtakes under a different name?

I'm very excited by the release and can't wait to see more. However, my hopes of hearing a possible studio version of As Long As I Have You, have pretty much been quashed!

Archived