New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

For me, the most interesting quote is where Jimmy emphasises that he positively sought to avoid releasing material that has already appeared on bootlegs. That's good and bad, as it's great to get some completely new outtakes, but there are also some cuts that have appeared on bootleg that I would definitely like to hear in better quality from the master tapes. I'm thinking the short versions of 'Swan Song' for example, which I sincerely hope make an appearance on the deluxe PG.

For me, the most interesting quote is where Jimmy emphasises that he positively sought to avoid releasing material that has already appeared on bootlegs. That's good and bad, as it's great to get some completely new outtakes, but there are also some cuts that have appeared on bootleg that I would definitely like to hear in better quality from the master tapes. I'm thinking the short versions of 'Swan Song' for example, which I sincerely hope make an appearance on the deluxe PG.

Jimmy is perhaps being partially facetious -- or perhaps the RS article is misleading. Some of the bootlegged tracks will certainly be included with the remasters -- we're getting "Jennings Farm Blues" on LZIII, for example -- but the distinction might be down to differences in mixes, and of course Jimmy's fan source might also not be aware of everything that circulates.

Love Jennings Farm Blues! Awesome track!! They should have done it live.

That would be a good one for him to play tomorrow night at Berklee, if he decides to get up on stage with some the Berklee student musicians as other commencement speakers and graduation honorees have done in the past!

Jennings Farm Blues - my favorite unreleased track - by far. The 'first cut' sounding one that sounds like John Bonham is chiming in at the start with a bluesy voice. The start of that with the voice and guitar just teasing the first chords out - I think that would be a brilliant intro to the song if released - even if all the additional tracks are layered and added, should start with that simple blues feel.

God I can't wait for these releases......

:stereo:

Jennings Farm Blues is a great track, I have the cd Jennings Farm Blues, I haven't listened to it in many years but if memory serves me right I dont think there are vocals on any of the takes, I could be wrong will have to dig it out tomorrow and give it a listen. Would be great if the version released with the new set has vocals.

I dont think there are vocals on any of the takes,

At the very start, a voice in the background just gives a "nyaaaaaah" kind of bluesy wail. Sound brilliant. No lyrics, just that very early intro voice.

Strange!

I started an Amazon Prime trial yesterday. I cancelled my original order of the Led Zeppelin super deluxe, re-ordered it (so I can get it June 3rd), along with deluxe of II and III...and then I get an alert from Amazon that Lez Zeppelin I is now available for streaming through their cloud player. Yes, Lez Zeppelin I. '

Whatever.

Strange!

I started an Amazon Prime trial yesterday. I cancelled my original order of the Led Zeppelin super deluxe, re-ordered it (so I can get it June 3rd), along with deluxe of II and III...and then I get an alert from Amazon that Lez Zeppelin I is now available for streaming through their cloud player. Yes, Lez Zeppelin I. '

Whatever.

That's because Good times Bad times/ Communication Breakdown (live) is already available for download, still got a few weeks for the rest of it..

Or wait I read that closer, Lez Zeppelin? "whatever" haha

I've been researching: "How 'Limited' are the Super Deluxe Box Sets?"

Led Zeppelin.com news states "To be released on multiple formats .... as well as a Limited Edition Super Deluxe Box" and further that the first 30,000 copies are individually numbered.

Press releases indicate that the first 30,000 copies will be individually numbered.

Amazon.com description as of 11 May 2014 says "LP sized, individually numbered, high quality print of the original album cover" without reference to the first 30,000 copies.

The amazon description implies that, if you pre-order now you will receive a numbered copy.

Are the 30,000 individually numbered copies available as an initial pre-order batch which has not yet been filled?

Led Zeppelin.com news states "To be released on multiple formats .... as well as a Limited Edition Super Deluxe Box" and further that the first 30,000 copies are individually numbered.

Press releases indicate that the first 30,000 copies will be individually numbered.

Amazon.com description as of 11 May 2014 says "LP sized, individually numbered, high quality print of the original album cover" without reference to the first 30,000 copies.

The amazon description implies that, if you pre-order now you will receive a numbered copy.

Are the 30,000 individually numbered copies available as an initial pre-order batch which has not yet been filled?

Interesting question.... It's big numbers though. 30,000 copies x 9 albums x $115 per copy. That's approximately $30 million worth of numbered sets that will be available in total so maybe they won't run out that quickly, even for Zeppelin material

More to the point how are the 30,000 numbered limited edition boxes going to be distributed between all the different countries around the world. who will be the winners and who the losers. Are the Amazon high quality limited print editions something other than the 30 thou limited boxes.

More to the point how are the 30,000 numbered limited edition boxes going to be distributed between all the different countries around the world. who will be the winners and who the losers. Are the Amazon high quality limited print editions something other than the 30 thou limited boxes.

I think the signed prints mentioned on Amazon and those on this site ("High quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered") are one and the same. I think either Amazon forgot the minor detail that only 30,000 are signed or they're being released as a first batch that's not yet filled.

Can't wait to hear LZII remastered, especially Heartbreaker. It sounds a bit too muddy to me on the studio album, compared to the live version on the BBC sessions.

WLL sounds great in that commercial. Interesting variation.

Can't wait to hear LZII remastered, especially Heartbreaker. It sounds a bit too muddy to me on the studio album, compared to the live version on the BBC sessions.

If you find previous masterings too muddy, you should enjoy what Davis and Page have done this time around. :)

I always felt that way also, especially about Zep II and every song on there in general. That also goes for ITTOD too, which I felt needed a serious remixing too. Should be great, what we get and can't wait as I've ordered all three SDs!

Archived