New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Forget about what's going on now -- these remasters are a (rightful) celebration of what those four men were once able to do, and that music's continued legacy.

Man oh man, I can't wait to give some of my money to Zeppelin. I've been waiting for this for years! :D

EDIT: According to the trailer and the handwritten info (which I'm assuming is Page's modern notes, based on the tapes he found) I've been able to see the following:

·"Keys to the Highway" (and hence "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper") was recorded/mixed on October 6th 1970 at Olympic, in studio 1 (visible at 0:14, 0:22, and 0:54);

·One of the songs (obscured) is listed as having been recorded/mixed on May 29th 1970;

·On the tape reel pictures, "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" is listed as such;

·"Island 1" is written beside "Gallows Pole (5.17)" at 0:40;

·"Jennings Farm Blues" is visible at 0:42-0:43, with a date of December 13th 1969 (which matches what was said on Jimmy's website).

The Third album is the one I'm looking forward to the most out of the first batch of reissues. When I do a rip to play in my car I will be adding "Blues Medley" (The longest version, from the 'Out Through the in Door' boot as the last song after KTTH.

The Third album is the one I'm looking forward to the most out of the first batch of reissues. When I do a rip to play in my car I will be adding "Blues Medley" (The longest version, from the 'Out Through the in Door' boot as the last song after KTTH.

Never heard of it. Why that song at the end of III's outtakes? Was that a song for ITTOD? I have purposely stayed away from listening to boots of unreleased songs just for all of these releases. So most, if not all, of this will be new to my ears!

I can't wait for them all, but I really can't wait for Houses of the Holy - up. :)

Yes that one, along with IV and PG, are going to be AWESOME! What am I saying....they ALL will be awesome!

Just bought a convertible Camero SS and can't wait to blast Zeppelin remastered with the top down this summer!!! :)

Never heard of it. Why that song at the end of III's outtakes? Was that a song for ITTOD? I have purposely stayed away from listening to boots of unreleased songs just for all of these releases. So most, if not all, of this will be new to my ears!

Blues Medley (Feel So Bad/Fixing To Die/That's Alright) I think was recorded at the same session as "Hat's Off to Harper" and "Key to the Highway" As Page stated that he wanted to avoid anything that was out on a bootleg maybe the reason that this song is not on the III album companion disc.

It's just a section of the reel Jimmy's alluded to -- titled "Blues" -- on which both "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper" and the "Key(s) to the Highway/Trouble in Mind" are found.

It should probably precede "Keys to the Highway," seeing as that was recorded after the main track was finished.

First time I've looked closely at one of the unboxing videos. Am I right in saying that's a new photo of Strider?

Also looks like the original studio reels feature "Bathroom Sound" on them, which is neat. Jimmy at Bron-Yr-Aur? And Robert's hand-written lyrics for Bron-Y-Aur Stomp?

'Bathroom Sound' appears to have 'Out On The Tiles' written in brackets after it, so is the former an early version of the latter?

'Bathroom Sound' appears to have 'Out On The Tiles' written in brackets after it, so is the former an early version of the latter?

Yup, that's my understanding. An instrumental version, I think?

Yes that one, along with IV and PG, are going to be AWESOME! What am I saying....they ALL will be awesome!

Just bought a convertible Camero SS and can't wait to blast Zeppelin remastered with the top down this summer!!! :)

I meant Houses of the Holy to the end, meaning PG, which I am the most excited for! :) I have no doubt! :)

"Bathroom Sound" would be the original title, which is being used for the instrumental mix on the companion disc.

Dave Lewis either misread (or was misinformed) about the title being "Bathroom Song."

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but, no Auto-Rip?? I went to the Amazon page for the deluxe CD for III and it doesn't say Auto-Rip...I don't want to buy CDs without also getting digital download, because my CDs have a lifespan of anywhere from 0 to 5 years.

I can't wait for them all, but I really can't wait for Houses of the Holy - up. :)

Will they get the cover right this time, as the old interviews suggest the band were never happy with the cover.

First time I've looked closely at one of the unboxing videos. Am I right in saying that's a new photo of Strider?

Also looks like the original studio reels feature "Bathroom Sound" on them, which is neat. Jimmy at Bron-Yr-Aur? And Robert's hand-written lyrics for Bron-Y-Aur Stomp?

Thanks for all this Cookie and great detail as usual regarding Strider! :thumbsup:

Well, I've been on this forum from the beginning. (you may not have been in high school back then in 2007... :unsure: but, you may be older, due to your vast knowledge and sharing of great info of news items on the band members) My whole opinion and perspective of Strider is now completely changed. Here, I felt he was a good member as we talked often about many Zeppelin related topics, on the board here and even corresponded with pms at times and so on. But now, when I see these photos of him I can't picture this guy who saw Zeppelin at various shows in Cali during the 70's and was able to write in such detail about his experiences. I always thought he would look completely different, than the photos you have shared of him and more human like! :Thinking::huh: I guess, I was wrong! :bagoverhead:

New poster here, this is going to be the longest two weeks since the DVD and HTWWW came out in 2003.

Can't wait.

Greetings Mook, enjoy the forum. Yeah two weeks this coming Monday (Tuesday for our USA cousins)...A long wait indeed. Roll on the 2nd of June. Maybe my Amazon order will arrive on the Saturday before, as often happens with new releases due on a Monday.

Thanks for all this Cookie and great detail as usual regarding Strider! :thumbsup:

Well, I've been on this forum from the beginning. (you may not have been in high school back then in 2007... :unsure: but, you may be older, due to your vast knowledge and sharing of great info of news items on the band members)

I was aged 13 in 2007 :)

Will they get the cover right this time, as the old interviews suggest the band were never happy with the cover.

I've never seen anything suggesting that -- it was Led Zeppelin III that some of the members were unhappy with. Jimmy has been quoted as calling it "teeny-bopperish."

I was aged 13 in 2007 :)

Wow, really? That makes me feel old. :P

Normally this type of topic should be discussed elsewhere on the forum but as it relates to the upcoming releases I put it up on this one.

The admins can decide if this is the appropriate place or not.

Another spanner in the works and is there any truth in this?

Rock journalists as much as mainstream reporters have a penchant for sensationlism and never let the lack of facts get in the way of a "good" story, Ultimate Classic Rock is no exception.

The intro is similar but how can you copyright a few bars of a song, a few notes of melody or a chord progression?

What is the minimum amount of a song used that actually constitutes breach of copyright / intellectual property?

If it is only a few notes or chords, then every second band would be liable and taken to court for plagiarism.

Bluesplayers have been "borrowing" of each other for decades. One told me they played "original" blues!?

Personally I think the person involved is clutching at straws.

Your thoughts?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-stairway-to-heaven-lawsuit/

Normally this type of topic should be discussed elsewhere on the forum but as it relates to the upcoming releases I put it up on this one.

The admins can decide if this is the appropriate place or not.

Another spanner in the works and is there any truth in this?

Rock journalists as much as mainstream reporters have a penchant for sensationlism and never let the lack of facts get in the way of a "good" story, Ultimate Classic Rock is no exception.

The intro is similar but how can you copyright a few bars of a song, a few notes of melody or a chord progression?

What is the minimum amount of a song used that actually constitutes breach of copyright / intellectual property?

If it is only a few notes or chords, then every second band would be liable and taken to court for plagiarism.

Bluesplayers have been "borrowing" of each other for decades. One told me they played "original" blues!?

Personally I think the person involved is clutching at straws.

Your thoughts?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-stairway-to-heaven-lawsuit/

They're similar, but lets be honest, Stairway and Taurus couldn't be further apart as far as songs go. This dude had since 1971 to sue and he decides to now? Come on!

And Ultimate Classic Rock is terrible, they botch headlines for clicks all the time.

Taurus and Stairway are so far apart that any court will

Listen for 2 minutes to each song and throw

The case out of court. There is no copyright

Infringement here. None at all and the founder of Spirit

Should be ashamed of himself.

Archived