New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Probably heard about this some five years ago. There are some similarities, but nothing exact as Jimmy and the band certainly didn't steal it! I'm sure it's no coincidence that the remaining members of Taurus are bringing forth this suit with the upcoming boxes being released soon and with IV on the horizon for the Fall (which this suit coresponds too). The Jake Holmes suit for Dazed and Confused happended around the time with Celebration Day about to be released.

One thing with copyright and trademark infringement is the length of time you wait to file suit. If you don't file suit when the infringement occurs then courts typically hold that against the plaintiff. You have to defend the infringement within a reasonable amount of time after it occurs. Otherwise your basically granting permission by not defending it and this happened a long time ago, they can't say they never heard STH until now either. It's like the movie Troll which came out in 1986 and had a character named Harry Potter, too late to sue now.

Taurus and Stairway are so far apart that any court will

Listen for 2 minutes to each song and throw

The case out of court. There is no copyright

Infringement here. None at all and the founder of Spirit

Should be ashamed of himself.

Sole writing credits for "Taurus" belong to Randy California, who is long since dead, devoured by a mudshark (maybe the song should be retitled "Tore us"?) I do think though the timing reflects poorly on those initiating the lawsuit. It appears for all intents and purposes a money grab, knowing full well that thousands of advanced orders have been placed for Led Zeppelin IV reissue.

Let's save discussion of that lurid topic for the thread that's popped up...anyone excited for IS dropping this week?

Looking forward to it. I guess we'll probably get it Monday or Tuesday.

Well I guess this a good time to share my Strider photos collection.

Amazing! Thanks Cookie. Strider is even more glorious than i imagined after all these years.

Also, we're the same age so cheers to youth! (no offense everyone :chickeddance: )

Amazing! Thanks Cookie. Strider is even more glorious than i imagined after all these years.

Also, we're the same age so cheers to youth! (no offense everyone :chickeddance: )

I saw it the same way and everyone ages in their own way, including Strider!

Well, Friday night just got a whole lot more exciting. Now the question is: will I be able to make it to this event AND Nine Inch Nails at the O2 on the same night?

Nine Inch Nails you can see another time; this is once in a lifetime. There's your answer ;-)

Nine Inch Nails you can see another time; this is once in a lifetime. There's your answer ;-)

That was my plan, but I've checked and I should be able to head to the listening party, then onto the O2 for Nine Inch Nails who hit the stage at 9pm.

Also, if anyone wants to head to the London listening party, I currently have a plus one slot that isn't taken.

That was my plan, but I've checked and I should be able to head to the listening party, then onto the O2 for Nine Inch Nails who hit the stage at 9pm.

Also, if anyone wants to head to the London listening party, I currently have a plus one slot that isn't taken.

If you buy me a plane ticket, I'll buy you a pint :D

Well, Friday night just got a whole lot more exciting. Now the question is: will I be able to make it to this event AND Nine Inch Nails at the O2 on the same night?

Reznor can wait! :P

Has it been the same songs played at each event?

EDIT: Nothing to see here. :)

Found out earlier today that I've also won tickets to the playback in London on Friday. :) Wonder if Jimmy will make an appearance...

As an aside I'm also seeing Nine Inch Nails this week, although tomorrow night and not Friday! Hope you manage to make both events!

First review (I've seen anyway) in the latest issue of Classic Rock (198 July2014) of the new reissues. La la they say is a JPJ driven instrumental.. Also in the issue is a four page making of Zep lll article.

First review (I've seen anyway) in the latest issue of Classic Rock (198 July2014) of the new reissues. La la they say is a JPJ driven instrumental.. Also in the issue is a four page making of Zep lll article.

Waiting for the iPad edition to appear - no sign yet! Also, we are still waiting for the alternate take of Immigrant Song to be released on Spotify....maybe that will coincide with the Paris event tonight

Is this on sale now?

That's great news about La La, I was presuming it was the intro/outro to Bring it on Home...

Very impressive. I'm not usually a fan of outtakes...but these are stellar.

I heard the Zep I and II tracks but it was close to 3pm (EDT), when I had to return to work. I at least heard Jimmy's comments and got to hear through WLL. Love the Heartbreaker solo on the Tele!. Much in feel like the live versions of 71-2!

Will catch up with the Zep III tracks shortly as I want to catch up with the news here first and hopefully done before Jimmy Fallon tonight. Busy day for Zep fans today!

Archived