New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Jason on drums - which to me is Led Zeppelin circa 2014.

Jason is the direct blood line of John Bonham so he is rightly "Zeppelin" in any manner of speaking.

There is no "Led Zeppelin circa 2014!" What drugs are you on?

John Bonham deserves more respect from many of you so-called Led Zeppelin fans! I guess Bonham's daughter, Zoe, is entitled to be Led Zeppelin's singer? Or one of Jones' daughters on bass?

Why are you hating on Jason Bonham? Do you expect him to be a carbon copy of his father? Jason Bonham is the only man meant to fill in Bonham's shoes for Zeppelin.

I'm not. Saying that Jason is as good as his father is ridiculous. And I think jason is a very good drummer, but mainly for his work in Black Country Communion, not the O2 concert. As I already said, he has a completely different playing style than John and that's great.

Do you agree that the two have very different playing styles?

You're being silly... How does Jason have a different style than bonzo if he learned how to play drums with john?

Saying that Jason and John have different styles is stupid... And by the way, I'm like you guys... Bonzo is the drummer of Led Zeppelin... not Jason,

but I wouldn't mind if they played with him again because he's the only guy capable of doing it. Name another guy who'd be able to do it.

You're being silly... How does Jason have a different style than bonzo if he learned how to play drums with john?

That means nothing. Eddie Van Halen grew up learning Clapton's solos note-for-note but ended up sounding nothing like Eric.

I think you're not too familiar with drumming.

That means nothing. Eddie Van Halen grew up learning Clapton's solos note-for-note but ended up sounding nothing like Eric.

I think you're not too familiar with drumming.

I've played drums for over 15 years...

How does Jason have a different style than bonzo if he learned how to play drums with john?

Saying that Jason and John have different styles is stupid... And by the way, I'm like you guys... Bonzo is the drummer of Led Zeppelin... not Jason,

but I wouldn't mind if they played with him again because he's the only guy capable of doing it. Name another guy who'd be able to do it.

First off, Jason can't play the bass drum like his father. Using your theory, Jason should be able to play the "kicker" like his father since he learned under John - please...

Secondly, Jason doesn't have the swing his father had. Jason isn't fast like his father. Jason can't do his father's crossovers. Hell, Jason can't play the intro to Rock n Roll properly - LOL

No one can do what John Bonham did for Led Zeppelin, however, there are numerous drummers that could play better than Jason - Neil Peart, David Grohl, Jimmy Chamberlain, and the list goes on...

Gents - I totally get the arguments on Jason's playing styles vs his dads. Jason is his own deal - period.

However two events of huge magnitude separate Jason from the best drummers and there is no argument

that can justify any comparison:

1. The O2 Concert. Imagine the pressure. Put yourself on the same stage and seat behind the drums.

2. The Kennedy Center Awards Night. In front of the President and First Lady, dignitaries, famous and in-famous people,

other musicians, diplomats, etc. Jason played one of the most emotional tributes ever to his beloved friends.

Tell me Jason Bonham isn't the fuckin' equal to anyone other than his dad. Jason is every bit a successor to the Zeppelin legacy.

Equal? No F'N WAY! Are you on crack?

I've heard it all now...

Even IF I was on crack, I would still take Jason over any drummer, other than Carter Beauford, for a Zeppelin reunion.

Jason is the Michael Jordan of the drums - no better under pressure and always comes through.

O.K...Where's my pipe....

Jason is the Michael Jordan of the drums - no better under pressure and always comes through.

O.K...Where's my pipe....

WTF...

That's such an insult to Michael Jordan!

Are you serious?

WTF...

That's such an insult to Michael Jordan!

Are you serious?

Dude - you can't be from Chi-town and NOT know what I'm talking about.

Are YOU serious? Jason played the O2 - WHAT else did he need to do to prove himself!

Are you saying LeBron is better than Jordan then? You must not have ever seen Jordan play,

you're probably too young.

Dude - you can't be from Chi-town and NOT know what I'm talking about.

Are YOU serious? Jason played the O2 - WHAT else did he need to do to prove himself!

Are you saying LeBron is better than Jordan then? You must not have ever seen Jordan play,

you're probably too young.

I AM FROM CHICAGO - NW side near Edison Park area. I am 41, and witnessed Michael Jordan's whole career. Michael Jordan is the best basketball player ever! For you to say Jason Bonham is the Michael Jordan of drums, you obviously don't know what the hell your talking about.

There are too many of them.

Was there anything particularly challenging in what Jason did at the concert (from a drumming standpoint)?

Nothing's challenging with the right amount of rehearsing.

First off, Jason can't play the bass drum like his father. Using your theory, Jason should be able to play the "kicker" like his father since he learned under John - please...

Secondly, Jason doesn't have the swing his father had. Jason isn't fast like his father. Jason can't do his father's crossovers. Hell, Jason can't play the intro to Rock n Roll properly - LOL

No one can do what John Bonham did for Led Zeppelin, however, there are numerous drummers that could play better than Jason - Neil Peart, David Grohl, Jimmy Chamberlain, and the list goes on...

Alright first off, stop hating on the guy, you're coming off as a dude who can't handle other people's opinions.

And second, I did not say that Jason was as good or better than Bonzo, I'm agreeing with you, nobody can do what Bonzo did, not even his own son, to me and any well minded drummer, Bonzo is GOD. I just said that Jason is the right person for the job, right now. And don't mention Dave Grohl on a Zeppelin forum .... His band his SHITE and so are his drumming skills.... Like, really? Grohl? I never saw him do anything out of this world or something that hadn't been done by everyone for a million years when he entered the biz with Nirvana. He's average at best.

Now stop putting words in my mouth and let others say what they will, everybody's entitled to an opinion.

Pressure Amstel Light - pressure. No one EVER faced the enormity of the O2 as a drummer and played his

ass off and lead a band like Led Zeppelin - EVER!

I was in NYC Madison Square Garden the night Jordan came in and dropped the famous "double nickels" on the Knicks

and that was a mind-numbing experience to see a man play beyond greatness under such scrutiny as Jordan was on that

night. There were so many celebrities there and people (who had security guys on every deck of the Garden)

that were there to witness greatness. Jason Bonham played the O2 in front of every imaginable form of celebrity, dignitary,

and royalty that EVER was for a concert - and he delivered like Jordan did that night at the Garden March 29, 1995.

Say what you want - Jason rocked it and did his father and the Band proud. No, wait, save your breath - there is no argument.

Archived