New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

So Presence isn't getting a reissue? I could live with that as it's my least favorite Zeppelin album.

I'm sure that it is getting done too. Although the above sounds relatively accurate, blabbermouth's information is highly dubious at the best of times; this was probably just a typing oversight.

I'm sure that it is getting done too. Although the above sounds relatively accurate, blabbermouth's information is highly dubious at the best of times; this was probably just a typing oversight.

That's what I was thinking.. an oversight..

If jimmy Page is going to remaster Coda, I'm sure Presence (his favorite) will be getting remastered as well.

The albums all sound great. I'm not sure how much work Jimmy thinks they need.

I can't wait to see what new solo material from the archives Jimmy is working on as well.

So Presence isn't getting a reissue? I could live with that as it's my least favorite Zeppelin album.

So if Jimmy never remasters a 2014 standard version of Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life, Nobody's Fault, or Tea For One - you would be OK with that?

At a minimum - Achilles Last Stand may be the single greatest, most complex, dramatic rock masterpiece ever
Written, put to music, and released to the world on various media. The fact that anyone, esp. a Zeppelin fan,

would be fine If it was passed over in this latest remasters process just Blows my mind.

That's what I was thinking.. an oversight..

If jimmy Page is going to remaster Coda, I'm sure Presence (his favorite) will be getting remastered as well.

The albums all sound great. I'm not sure how much work Jimmy thinks they need.

I can't wait to see what new solo material from the archives Jimmy is working on as well.

His choice of the word "unleashed" in his New Years statrment makes me think that he has some powerful new music

that he has been waiting to set free and now may finally happen.

"Un-leasehed"....that word conjours so many images - all of them not subtle!

His choice of the word "unleashed" in his New Years statrment makes me think that he has some powerful new music

I hope you're right.

Looking forward to it, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Let's face it - the reality of this new Project is what we all HAVEN'T heard yet.

Any Zep fan can honestly say that they have heard all the studio releases countless of times.

For me - I became a real fan after hearing Achilles Last Stand for the first time.

In the seventies - AOR radio played the Zep standards millions of times - but they overlooked

the true masterpieces...and ALS was one of them. In My Time of Dying was another.

So, for me, it is what we haven't heard yet that excites me about this upcoming Project.

If Jimmy can drop some real hidden gems from the Zeppelin past (or present)....WOW!!!

Now that would be something to get amped over.

I really hope he was not talking about re-issuing one of his past releases like The Firm, Outrider, or C.P. and that he will be giving us new music in 2014. I mean my first impression reading the statement was that he will be releasing new music this year, but could it mean just a re-issue from a past colaboration?

Here's my prediction of when we'll see these based on Jimmy's comments.

LZ I: March

LZ II: May or June

LZ III: Sometime between September & November.

Anyone else agree?

Well if that means - Spring Equinox - Summer Equinox - and All Hallows Eve....yes probably!!

I really hope he was not talking about re-issuing one of his past releases like The Firm, Outrider, or C.P. and that he will be giving us new music in 2014. I mean my first impression reading the statement was that he will be releasing new music this year, but could it mean just a re-issue from a past colaboration?

I think the word "un-leashed" precludes re-issuing such tame releases like the Firm - C.P. - or even Outrider - he deliberately used that word

for effect. I think it will be new stuff for sure.

One doesn't "unleash" a french poodle....one "unleashes" a snarling pit-bull...

DSC02696.jpg

The McDonald Ranch House as it appears today.
Trinity Atomic Bomb Site.
White Sands Missile Range. New Mexico.

Could this be a close-up of the building and tower shown in the distance on the Box Set 2 cover?

If so - how very very interesting!!

I wonder if it maybe sooner as the Febraury issue of Classic Rock covers the beginning of Zep and the first two albums.

classic-rock-february-2014_zpse9cd807e.j

You will be so disappointed when you read this edition of CR, LZ get barely a mention.

You will be so disappointed when you read this edition of CR, LZ get barely a mention.

That is good information to have as the magazine usually comes sealed. Interesting this cover is released just days after Jimmy's message.

Typical example of a rag magazine using Zeppelin on its

Cover in order to sell more copies. And in return we get

No real news on our Band - we should boycott Classic

Rock for pulling another media stunt!

That is good information to have as the magazine usually comes sealed. Interesting this cover is released just days after Jimmy's message.

Nah. The cover was probably printed over a week before the mag hit the shops, also subscribers would have had their copies a day or two before retail outlets got them.

Zeppelin fans are some of the worst that I've seen at tearing what we claim to like apart.

We are not that bad surely, just a bit cynical when it comes to release dates. :yesnod:

Anyway, it was good to read the update on the website.

Archived