New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

In Uncut magazine (February 2014) Robert Plant says that Led Zeppelin albums will be reissued on vinyl. "So, yeah, we we've put stuff back into vinyl. Slowly." No further details are given.

That's good news. I'm going for the vinyl!

I would bet that any vinyl issues would be the regular album tracks only, not the extra tracks. I would expect somewhere between $20 and $30 per album.

I don't expect a remaster of TSRTS, as if was finally released as it should have been in 2007. Y'all with me?

I agree with you, but it might get re-re-released again. Page could always get adventurous and include "Thank You" or perhaps alternate versions of some of the tracks.

Would be cool if they did that, but it would be more expensive for both us and them. Also, I don't know how much turntable time the deluxe disc would get.

Yup. The one variable here is that Jimmy is a vinyl enthusiast like you and me, and so, he might surprise us. I doubt it, but then again, in his eyes, this is all about his legacy, so there is a slim chance that he throws us a bone

Would be cool if they did that, but it would be more expensive for both us and them. Also, I don't know how much turntable time the deluxe disc would get.

I believe Jimmy Page said there was one extra disc per album of bonus material, so I'd guess the first album could be a double vinyl set, and the second and third albums also double vinyls which wouldn't be too expensive.

As the boys never really wrote a "bad" album, I can't get down with a least favourite, I'm just glad they existed and the body of work is irreplaceable! Presence is so great, especially due to what each members personal situation was at the time , it's amazing it was even released and completed in such a short space of time!

With all the different ways Celebration Day was released I think it will be like that with different formats.

I agree, especially considering this should be final, definitive release of these albums.

I agree, especially considering this should be final, definitive release of these albums.

Great point...sadly our boys have reached that point in life where time is moving on and this release may signal their last generation of revisiting by Jimmy.

Great point...sadly our boys have reached that point in life where time is moving on and this release may signal their last generation of revisiting by Jimmy.

I am sure the three of them have thought of this.

• 3 weeks later...

I stumbled across this radio show segment with Redbeard commemorating the 45th anniversary of Led Zep I. www.inthestudio.net I wasn't able to copy a direct link, this takes you to the main webpage when you scroll down some there is a picture of the Zep I cover to click on.

It's about a 20 minute radio segment that is interspersed with what sounds like recent interviews with Page and Plant (I think recorded separately). Nice to hear some of their recollections. Plant remembers he was adjusting the PA while being onstage at the Fillmore West in '69, I guess there was no actual sound man!

the webpage mentions Page confirms release of new box sets for I-III this year, not sure if this is a new quote or referring to a previous quote?

I still have the cassette that I recorded off the radio the 25th Anniversary Of Led Zeppelin 1, or 25 After 1. 45 after 1 is the same as 25 After 1 except the end Redbeard does update it mentioning that the first three box sets will be released this year, and he also said there would be unreleased tracks and live tracks included with the box sets. That was the first time I had heard live tracks I think, I thought I had only heard unreleased tracks before.. edited

Live tracks were mentioned last year, but (as far as I'm aware) they've been mum ever since.

The closer we get (we hope) to the release of at least Led Zeppelin, the more I believe my interest in purchasing or not purchasing any of the sets will be determined by how "good" the bonus disc(s) is.

I'm all for a classy box set and a remastered album....but if we're talking $50 or more for each set (and likely more for PG) and the bonus disc is mediocre, I'm probably hanging onto my dough.

My kids are now 11 & 13 - one of the greatest re-discoveries of my life was taking them when they were a lot younger to my local library. I found out that not only do they have books, but they also carry dvd's, cd's & a good selection of box sets! I remember when one of the first Grateful Dead boxes came out - I forget the cost but it was way North of $200.00 bucks. So I checked my library, they had it. I had to wait three weeks till it was returned & when it was, they called me & said we have it on hold for you - come get it.

I now go about once a month on a "burn & return" mission. If I see something I get it, put it in the computer, if I dislike it, I delete it. I'll probably do the same with the new Zeppelin that comes out. Unless if its reasonably priced, with cool extras or comes out on vinyl.

Archived