New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Obviously not intoxicated enough...that post was completely understandable :P

I would expect CODA to be released in it's expanded form, perhaps with alternate mixes or takes of the songs included on/or excluded from it. Would love to hear the track that goes along with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p5ArkPpSkw

Edit: Although I guess that would be on ITTOD

Obviously not intoxicated enough...that post was completely understandable :P

I would expect CODA to be released in it's expanded form, perhaps with alternate mixes or takes of the songs included on/or excluded from it. Would love to hear the track that goes along with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p5ArkPpSkw

Yes, sir! More ron for me, then...

Coda's interesting...Mensch didn't elaborate on whether or not it would get a box, he seemed flip-floppy...they're probably concerned with whether or not it makes sense to have one, or to break up the tracks on the original albums...I bet it won't have a separate box, but will get a single disc release.

The more I think about it the more I sense that Jimmy is going to release WAY more than we expect.

This Project has a feel like the "gloves are off" so to speak.

The word "Epic" comes to mind...

Each Box Set will build in its scope...Live sets to coincide with the album being released.

Unreleased songs that happened during the recording of each official album.

But most surprising will be the new versions of existing long played out songs.

The newly found version of SIBLY, which kicks ass according to Jimmy, amongst others.

But that will be only the tip of a titanic iceberg....

I think the band members re-recorded songs in various formats (like the No Quarter versions

of WTLB, and NFBM) ....How will Tangerine sound revisited?

Call me crazy but I believe the Band recorded songs during the O2 rehearsals... new ones.

Jason coming in to the Band completes the cycle - and there are songs that celebrate that.

Celebration Day for sure.

I don't know about you guys but don't be fooled by a low-key "Led Zeppelin" first Box Set release.

The Box Sets will build with each release until it reaches a crashing crescendo at the finale.

Feel it.

That would be nice, but I don't see things being this extravagant, and I definitely don't see the post O2 demos or the XYZ demos being released. Any guess is as good as any other, at this point, and I think they will be cool; just not that cool.

That would be nice, but I don't see things being this extravagant, and I definitely don't see the post O2 demos or the XYZ demos being released. Any guess is as good as any other, at this point, and I think they will be cool; just not that cool.

He might release those as part of his own projects -- he mentioned releases separate from Zeppelin on New Year's...but who knows?

Page counts it as one of the albums, so I doubt he'd break it up. I would love instrumental mixes. What has always killed CODA was Plants 80s vocals.

I know, which is why I think it'll still be released...but why put out outtakes from other albums on that one, especially if it won't be coming out until after all the others (assumedly)?

Who knows...

He might release those as part of his own projects -- he mentioned releases separate from Zeppelin on New Year's...but who knows?

I know, which is why I think it'll still be released...but why put out outtakes from other albums on that one, especially if it won't be coming out until after all the others (assumedly)?

Who knows...

Either way, it will be exciting to find out what Jimmy does with these and I certainly can't wait for these as many of you hear feel the same. It sounds like, it will only be a few months now!

I hope he does these projects separetly. He has mentioned the XYZ one before. I am very excited for everything. With Jimmy doing it, it will be worth every penny!

Personally, I'd welcome any Yardbirds projects...SAJ seems to think (based on the past) that they won't happen, but, who knows...

It's feasible that he may take the older songs from Coda and slot them in with their respective album sessions, on Led Zeppelin III etc.

The older songs may be released as "the" Coda album perhaps with some outtakes or other songs from that period.

Perhaps the fabled Lost In Space and St. Tristans Sword tracks will finally be unearthed.

I'm curious if any outtakes or actual complete song recordings from Jimmy's Box Of Frogs sessions are out there?

How would you feel if he brought them out as "directors cut" formats, where the album tracks were altered to capture all the songs recorded at the various places, like Stargroves and Headley Grange for example?

The impact would be that although arranged chronologically, the albums would be radically different, could it work?

Personally, I'd welcome any Yardbirds projects...SAJ seems to think (based on the past) that they won't happen, but, who knows...

You'll never see any Page-produced Yardbirds releases. Dreja/McCarty remain adamantly opposed to it...even Peter Mensch has finally admitted as much.

It's feasible that he may take the older songs from Coda and slot them in with their respective album sessions, on Led Zeppelin III etc.

The older songs may be released as "the" Coda album perhaps with some outtakes or other songs from that period.

Perhaps the fabled Lost In Space and St. Tristans Sword tracks will finally be unearthed.

As Led Zeppelin always said their albums were a statement as to where they were musically at a point in time, it would make sense to put the songs from Coda onto the relevant albums.. Unless of course they have so much material for the bonus albums that it is unfeasible.

I think I am coming down with a bad case of Led Zep speculation fever. :D

I'll admit I read this thread often but never contribute. It simply seemed like things were just floating in the air with nothing being done or concrete. I've learned that it's unwise to get excited too early for Zeppelin things because they take forever to happen. But I can say if this press release / interview goes through in late February then I am indeed finally excited to see what this year brings.

I'll admit I read this thread often but never contribute. It simply seemed like things were just floating in the air with nothing being done or concrete. I've learned that it's unwise to get excited too early for Zeppelin things because they take forever to happen. But I can say if this press release / interview goes through in late February then I am indeed finally excited to see what this year brings.

I agree 100 percent with your views. And that said I too honestly believe that this year will truly bring very exciting things regarding Zeppelin.

We can all be on edge until the news breaks with the press releases later in February.

My wife just asked me if I was interested in picking up the new Led Zeppelin album. She was on Facebook, and apparently there was an ad for it, suggesting

that this 4 cd set be a good Valentine's Day / Whole Lotta Love gift. She was unable to bring the ad up again, and was not pulling my leg about this. She described the ad as being old-fashioned /vintage styled. Anyone see this??

My wife just asked me if I was interested in picking up the new Led Zeppelin album. She was on Facebook, and apparently there was an ad for it, suggesting

that this 4 cd set be a good Valentine's Day / Whole Lotta Love gift. She was unable to bring the ad up again, and was not pulling my leg about this. She described the ad as being old-fashioned /vintage styled. Anyone see this??

Nahhh, couldn't be. I'd be thrilled to death if this info is correct, but it's not adding up. I would love to see the ad your wife saw.

You'll never see any Page-produced Yardbirds releases. Dreja/McCarty remain adamantly opposed to it...even Peter Mensch has finally admitted as much.

The AMA? That was more of an implication than anything else...but I felt it.

Care to elaborate why? You didn't want to go into detail elsewhere...

I thought it couldn't be either, but she swears she saw this. Makes sense to package it for Valentine's Day / Whole Lotta Love idea. The doubting Thomas in me thinks that Valentines Day is 9 days away, and there would be pr by now. We will see.

False alarm - This from my wife

Found it! And it’s vinyl! But I didn’t click the link so I think I misrepresented it to you. It’s a re-release of The Song Remains the Same. The “whole lotta love” was an ad tag line. Please tell the Zep message board people that your wife is an ............

http://www.popmarket.com/led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same-180-gram-vinyl-4lp-box-set/details/27851660?utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=vday%20ad%20pmc%20ledzep&cid=lg:17k9

Archived