New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

How many times do I have to spell it out? NO, I DON'T WANT MYSTERY OR MYTHOLOGY. It's not "refreshing," it's annoying -- it's 2014...lack of news isn't interesting or surprising.

I want to know when these are coming out, in what format(s), and what's on them, so that I can save up enough money in order to buy them. Hopefully we get some actual "news" tomorrow as opposed to the old "they're coming out, and they have stuff on them" that we've been getting for over a year.

:goodpost:

Has anybody heard any news about this day of press, which the last I heard was scheduled for tomorrow?.

Anyway I am sure we will all be happy soon, well maybe, possibly some of us might be slightly happier than others, but Hey Ho. :D

This is Led Zeppelin people. We will know stuff when we are told stuff, timescales for announcements/releases have often been subject to change with Zep, it's par for the course. A little patience has always been required. The facts will out.

Can't figure out if you were talking to me, or the other guy, 'cuz I'm not Steve. Anyway, fingers are always crossed when it comes to Led Zeppelin.

Sorry DL - i was referring to the Steve Jones who went off on me because I said I "FELT" that tomorrow's scheduled

"Day of Press" wouldn't happen because it had been compromised by Davis in his interview.

Anyone who has truly followed Jimmy over the many years KNOWS that Jimmy calls the shots - he doesn't care about

someone else's prepared schedule - for press especially.

That being said I certainly hope that the Press schedule happens tomorrow but I won't be surprised if it doesn't. That's all I tried to

convey - much to Mr. Jones' discomfort.

If Jimmy does delay this press thing, because of the leak, I don't think it will be much as Zeppelin have a schedule for the release days of these albums. Just because of a small leak, in which no detailed info was given, you wouldn't prolong this a long time, when release dates are in stone. It would just make things much more difficult. Especially for JP. Just how I see things currently!

Do we know if this presser will be available via livestream anywhere? Seems 24 hours in advance, some info would be available to media and the public about that by now.

No press releases to that effect have come across my desk, anyway.

This whole "day of press" idea doesn't have to necessarily be a press conference. I figured it would be Jimmy sitting in a hotel suite where writers come in one by one and interview him for stuff that we'll see in journals like Guitar World and Mojo at some point down the line when the box sets are released.

Doesn't look like Jimmy is doing any interviews today, he's having lunch at his usual spot and no music journalist I've talked to has anything booked with him.

This is what I was afraid would happen. Thank you, Cookie.

Looks like nirvana was right!!!

About what? Saying an UNCONFIRMED reported press date would be changed? As far as I have read here, Jimmy never said anything would be happening on 2/20/14. Until he says something, I don't know why everyone is getting hyped up? This is what opinion and conjecture does, makes people believe they are facts when they simply aren't.

Doesn't look like Jimmy is doing any interviews today, he's having lunch at his usual spot and no music journalist I've talked to has anything booked with him.

It doesn't have to mean interviews. It could be a site refresh, like with Celebration Day.

About what? Saying an UNCONFIRMED reported press date would be changed? As far as I have read here, Jimmy never said anything would be happening on 2/20/14. Until he says something, I don't know why everyone is getting hyped up? This is what opinion and conjecture does, makes people believe they are facts when they simply aren't.

Isn't it safe to assume that the people involved have some idea about what's going on?

If there is no release today, then yes, nirvana was right. I have no trouble admitting that, even if it was nothing more than dumb luck on his part; but then again, I have no axe to grind with nirvana.

It's still possible that a press statement will be sent out to media outlets, but I would have anticipated that earlier in the day. It's getting late in the day, UK time. The fun continues.

This whole "day of press" idea doesn't have to necessarily be a press conference. I figured it would be Jimmy sitting in a hotel suite where writers come in one by one and interview him for stuff that we'll see in journals like Guitar World and Mojo at some point down the line when the box sets are released.

That was what I was thinking would happen, as this press day thing came from a blog post maybe someone got a few wires crossed and Jimmy is walking around wondering why people keep asking him about a press conference.

I still think we will see something in the shops by Christmas (2014).

Archived