New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Agreed brother, I feel the same way about Black Sabbath, no disrespect intended, Zeppelin and Sabbath, the two most influential bands of all time.

I'd agree with the former, but not the latter. Would not put Sabbath over other more influential bands like the Beatles, Stones, Ramones, Velvet Underground, Talking Heads, Nirvana etc. I do like some Sabbath, but not a lot as a lot of their material is quite uneven and mediocre at best.

Don't want to start an argument here or derail this thread. It's, just stating how I feel about their music. Although, I always liked Tony Iommi as a guitarist.

Agreed brother, I feel the same way about Black Sabbath, no disrespect intended, Zeppelin and Sabbath, the two most influential bands of all time.

Agreed OID. Sabbath clearly defined a genre, and were also very contributory to the new music known as Heavy Metal. True pioneers. Zep and Sabbath are my two favorites as well.

Agreed OID. Sabbath clearly defined a genre, and were also very contributory to the new music known as Heavy Metal. True pioneers. Zep and Sabbath are my two favorites as well.

putting Sabbath over or under is like putting peanut butter over jelly or visa versa. Sabbath deserves their own spot amongst those mentioned above just for the originality of their sound alone. Then you have Ozzy who is probably one of the best lyricists when it comes to topics like drugs, death, politics, and religion there ever was. Despite the evil veneer I dont see them that way at all. Quite a few of Sabbaths songs ask the listener to take a good hard look at themselves and their lives while others foretell the consequences of living dangerously.They definitely deserve their own place on the all time podium.

putting Sabbath over or under is like putting peanut butter over jelly or visa versa. Sabbath deserves their own spot amongst those mentioned above just for the originality of their sound alone. Then you have Ozzy who is probably one of the best lyricists when it comes to topics like drugs, death, politics, and religion there ever was. Despite the evil veneer I dont see them that way at all. Quite a few of Sabbaths songs ask the listener to take a good hard look at themselves and their lives while others foretell the consequences of living dangerously.They definitely deserve their own place on the all time podium.

:goodpost:

Very well said, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you for that great post.

With page and iommi, they have a perspective of a riff, they saw a way to use atmosphere and transmission of a riff, changing gears and vibe. With page and jones, they arranged things in more of a subtle, yet huge way, with zep embracing a positive vibe to their music. Iommi's vision is more stark, and as stated, with sab pointing out some negative subject matter, not embracing it. To me, they sound like two totally different bands, yet the framework of the songs can be similar.

There is a good interview with iommi on YouTube that I've seen, where iommi talks about riffs and songs, he says something like, he and page came up with most of the biggest riffs in rock music.

I am currently listening to zep's box set 2, from 90, one of the coolest releases imo. I can't help but thinking that with the upcoming releases and potential of unheard material, that these could be the biggest, most important addition to their music ever.

Not wanting to start an argument but Ozzy wasn't the main lyricist, Geezer Butler was.

Not wanting to start an argument but Ozzy wasn't the main lyricist, Geezer Butler was.

Yes , that is very true. I was going to mention that, but his point remains the same irrespective, in that Sabbath had some amazing lyrics, which almost always had a political or social message to them.

Ok I did not know that. But the point is the same just the name is changed. Black Sabbath has some of the deepest lyrics I ever heard from any band.

Sabbath was following Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer, and Zeppelin as far as the influential sound everyone is anointing them with here. Bottom line is, this really needs to be taken elsewhere....

Sabbath was following Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer, and Zeppelin as far as the influential sound everyone is anointing them with here. Bottom line is, this really needs to be taken elsewhere....

Why the animosity and hate Walter? No one is trying to take away from Zeppelin, they were before Sabbath and influenced the heavy sound before them, Ozzy himself said Led Zeppelin I was a big influence on Sabbath.

Can't we all get along and share our love for these two great bands?

Stop the hate Walter let's integrate, not segregate.

Why the animosity and hate Walter? No one is trying to take away from Zeppelin, they were before Sabbath and influenced the heavy sound before them, Ozzy himself said Led Zeppelin I was a big influence on Sabbath.

Can't we all get along and share our love for these two great bands?

Stop the hate Walter let's integrate, not segregate.

What hate, what animosity ?. You are the one who has taken this thread off topic, you're the one who needs to back off. Like Walter said " this really needs to be taken elsewhere" .

What hate, what animosity ?. You are the one who has taken this thread off topic, you're the one who needs to back off. Like Walter said " this really needs to be taken elsewhere" .

Cecil asked me a question, regarding Deluxe editions by other bands, I answered it.

Is this how I took this thread off topic, by answering Cecil's question?

Back off what? I'm not the one attacking.

When these Zeppelin Deluxe editions are released they will be enjoyed very much, with all the little extras that will be included.

As owner of Deluxe editions myself, I can attest to that.

Have a good day JTM.

Cecil asked me a question, regarding Deluxe editions by other bands, I answered it.

Is this how I took this thread off topic, by answering Cecil's question?

Back off what? I'm not the one attacking.

When these Zeppelin Deluxe editions are released they will be enjoyed very much, with all the little extras that will be included.

As owner of Deluxe editions myself, I can attest to that.

Have a good day JTM.

I asked you a question "what hate, what animosity" As for Cecil, his was a general question, not directed to you specifically. Dark Lord answered Cecil, no artists name mentioned. You could have done the same. Just for the record I have a number of de-luxe editions, no doubt including some that you have. (no names mentioned, this is a LED ZEPPELIN thread)

Regards JTM.

can we just get back on topic here and if someone has some info about the new releases please share it. if you want to discuss ZEP and sabbath do it in another thread.

Agreed.

I asked you a question "what hate, what animosity" As for Cecil, his was a general question, not directed to you specifically. Dark Lord answered Cecil, no artists name mentioned. You could have done the same. Just for the record I have a number of de-luxe editions, no doubt including some that you have. (no names mentioned, this is a LED ZEPPELIN thread)

Regards JTM.

My apologies then JTM, I didn't think I was doing any wrong by naming the band whose Deluxe editions I have, I also didn't mean to hijack the thread either.

So by the Dark Lord answering Cecil's question, only one answer can be given by one person, are those the rules?

If they are then I will abide by them, and not answer a question if it has already been answered.

Well, my reason for asking about the special editions in general terms is some of us are maybe expecting a big campaign around the time of the releases, when in fact it might turn out to be quite low key in terms of publicity. By which I mean not quite "guess what I found in the record shop today" but not quite zeppelins flying overhead playing WLL either.

Could be wrong though, I usually am.... :mellow:

So, I do believe that these Deluxe Editions will happen this year, but Jimmy has publicly made comments and suggestions about a solo album in the past, and nothing has ever materialized.Is there anyone out there who fears that the current information in circulation, about the new LZ albums, may not be a true commitment of a 2014 release? Is it possible that the "talk" about these releases is just that? Or, are most people fairly confident that this is going to happen soon?

I feel that without any "official" statement, it's all up in the air. Page can swear up and down that they are coming out this year...but without any sign of marketing or announcements they will not.

I don't see them being a "look what I found at the record store today" thing. That isn't stopping me from getting excited every time we get street dated new releases in at work, though. I'm always hoping it's Led Zeppelin in those boxes. :P

Archived