New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Here's what has happened so far in UK time:

11:15 am: New cover photo posted to Facebook and Twitter, it's a crop of the negative version of the Led Zeppelin III cover

11:17 am: Another new cover photo is posted to Facebook, it's an alternative version of the negative Led Zeppelin III cover with elements moved around

11:18am: The first negative cover photo is deleted

11:30am: The negative version of the debut album's cover is posted to Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #ledzep

12:00pm: The negative version of Led Zeppelin II's cover is posted to Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #ledzep

1:00pm: The negative version of Led Zeppelin III's cover is posted to Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #ledzep

Tracklist for LZII (according to the Amazon.co.uk link):

"Whole Lotta Love [Rough Mix with Vocal]"

"What Is and What Should Never Be [Rough Mix with Vocal]"

"Thank You [backing Track]"

"Hearbreaker [Rough Mix with Vocal]"

"Livin, Lovin Maid [backing Track]"

"Ramble On [Rough Mix with Vocal]"

"Moby Dick [Drum Track]"

?"La La Intro/Outro [Rough Mix]"

The vinyl link for LZIII now teases some "Companion Disc" tracks:

"The Immigrant Song [Alternate Mix]"

"Friends [Rough ?No Vocal]"

"Celebration Day [Alternate Mix]"

"Since I've Been Loving You [Rough Mix of First Recording]"

"Bathroom Sound {Mistake for "Song"? Rough mix of "Out on the Tiles"}"

and here. we go..........

guess it's pretty clear LZ II and III are all studio takes, will be interesting to see how they all sound. so the announcement comes today huh? and a june 2 release? I imagine jimmy dodges any questions today if there is a presser around exactly when the rest of the boxes are making their way out into the world..

Warner Music Denmark just sent this press release to our good friend Jorgen Angel:

“Led Zeppelin”, “Led Zeppelin II” og “Led Zeppelin III” udsendes af Warner Music, Atlantic Records og Swan Song den 2. juni i følgende formater:

CD – Remastereret album
Deluxe Edition (2CD) – Remastereret album, plus ekstra disc med ikke før udgivet ’companion audio’ materiale.
LP – Remasteret album, 180-gram vinyl, i cover fuldstændig som originalerne
Deluxe Edition Vinyl – Remasteret album, 180-gram vinyl, inkl ikke før udgivet ‘companion audio’ materiale
Digital Download – Remastereret album & ikke før udgivet ‘companion audio’
Super Deluxe Boks Sæt – inkluderer:
Remasteret album (CD)
‘Companion audio’ (CD)
Remastereret album, 180-gram vinyl, i cover fuldstændig som originalerne
‘Companion audio’, 180-gram vinyl.
High-def audio download kort med alt indhold i 96kHz/24 bit. (Live tracks er i48kHz/24 bit).
70+ siders foto-bog
High quality tryk af originalt albumartwork, hvoraf de første 30,000 eksemplarer vil blive nummereret.
“Led Zeppelin” vil også indeholde en kopi af bandets originale Atlantic pressesæt.

:D

Translation:

CD - remastered album
Deluxe Edition (2CD) - remastered album, plus extra disc with no prior published 'companion audio' material.
LP - Remastered album, 180-gram vinyl, the cover just like the originals
Deluxe Edition Vinyl - Remastered album, 180-gram vinyl, including not before released 'companion audio' material
Digital Download - remastered album and not released before 'companion audio'
Super Deluxe Box Set - includes:
Remastered album (CD)
'Companion audio' (CD)
Remastered album, 180-gram vinyl, the cover just like the originals
'Companion audio', 180-gram vinyl.
High-def audio download card with all content in 96kHz/24 bit. (Live tracks are i48kHz/24 bit).
70 + page photo book
High quality print of original albumartwork, the first 30,000 copies will be numbered.
"Led Zeppelin" will also contain a copy of the band's original Atlantic press kits.

holy fuck! how much will this be?

Super Deluxe Box Set - includes:
Remastered album (CD)
'Companion audio' (CD)
Remastered album, 180-gram vinyl, the cover just like the originals
'Companion audio', 180-gram vinyl.
High-def audio download card with all content in 96kHz/24 bit. (Live tracks are i48kHz/24 bit).
70 + page photo book
High quality print of original albumartwork, the first 30,000 copies will be numbered.
"Led Zeppelin" will also contain a copy of the band's original Atlantic press kits.

Thoughts on the price of the super deluxe box set? All the deluxe vinyl albums on their own come to £120. Add £50 for the CDs, £100 for the numbered prints, £20 for the photo book, and we're looking at around £300.

any clue if it's a presser today or if pagey's just doing a press release? I think we all quite clearly know that the page, plant, and jones aren't all going to be in the same room or anything like that, but just curious...

also yeah seems they're going in the pink floyd mold a bit with the multiple versions options, cool how there's all these different packages depending on your interest level. Makes it into a situation where you can go for just the remaster or if you're like all of us, a bit more to your heart's content.

any clue if it's a presser today or if pagey's just doing a press release? I think we all quite clearly know that the page, plant, and jones aren't all going to be in the same room or anything like that, but just curious...

There is no evidence to suggest that any member of Led Zeppelin will be holding a press conference today

Archived