New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Ouch!!!! That hurts but oh well!!! :elvis2:

Order Placed: March 13, 2014 Amazon.com order number: xxxxxx Order Total: $437.61

51knd3OBtGL._SY100_.jpg
1 of: Led Zeppelin II (Super Deluxe Edition Box) (CD & LP) [Audio CD]

By: Led Zeppelin

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Condition: New

Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free - 1 item Gift options: None sm-tan-change._V192195424_.gif

$134.75
61TqIkg6w7L._SY100_.jpg
1 of: Led Zeppelin III (Super Deluxe Edition Box) (CD & LP) [Audio CD]

Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free - 1 item Gift options: None sm-tan-change._V192195424_.gif

$134.75
51Fn0FSZXZL._SY100_.jpg
1 of: Led Zeppelin I (Super Deluxe Edition Box) (CD & LP) [Audio CD]

yikes better you than me enjoy

I am a little disappointed, I was hoping for a 5.1 /High Res mix of all the albums. The Doors did it with all their studio albums, along with a selected few from Yes and Pink Floyd. They all sound fantastic. Now I did notice a digital download in 96/24, which is high res, so we're halfway there. I am hoping that may be mixed in 5.1 . Just imagine the opening drone of " In The Light" swirling around you in high res 5.1....

Over the last few years I had considered starting a poll or petition on this site to see if Mr. Page would consider mixing these albums in high res 5.1, either on DVD Audio or SACD, or Blu Ray Audio. Would anyone have any interest in contributing to such a poll?

Until then I anxiously await any further information on the 96/24 download options for these box sets.

No one else feeling that re-boxing the catalog and throwing in a few nuggets is a joke? Do we really need this? Nothing but a run for profit imho, and it stinks on hot ice.

I assume you mean the Super Deluxe, because $20 for newly remastered with additional, "new" material is very reasonable.

No one else feeling that re-boxing the catalog and throwing in a few nuggets is a joke? Do we really need this? Nothing but a run for profit imho, and it stinks on hot ice.

You have a choice, don't buy it then...

What is wrong with people like you? We still have months until these albums are released, and they're only three of nine! Who knows what bonus tracks we'll get with Physical Graffitti alone?! These reissues have just been officially announced today and you're already complaining.

Australian Peoples,

JB HI-FI have them for Pre-order on the JBHIFI website. However they do not list the Super Deluxe Box Sets as on Amazon. JB's only list Deluxe CD's & Deluxe Vinyl sold separately. So I will order the Super Deluxe Box set from Amazon to keep as a collectable & will order the separate CD's to play.

Can't wait.-Awesome.

Pre-ordered Zep 1in the super deluxe format, and I may change and get the other 2 in that format if the prices drop...looking very, very forward to this!

I've heard the Olympia on YouTube, but am eagerly awaiting how the official release will sound.

Companion discs for II and III are a big disappointment. An alternate take of a song is one thing, because that's new music we haven't heard before. Backing tracks and rough mixes are just the same recordings, but unfinished. Who the hell cares about that?

Apart from the Olympia live stuff, at the moment I'm a bit underwhelmed.

However, until I hear them I'll reserve my judgement.

IV to PG should be interesting when they are released (presuming the albums are put out in threes).

If there are any unreleased songs or material it would seem the bulk of it would've been during / from that period.

Only three months to go.

The deluxe editions have been added to iTunes and have details on the bonus tracks. So much for our deciphering from amazon...

yeah just saw it, not much info at least quickly looking at LZ I except that obviously GTBT/Communication Breakdown is 4:05.

I will wind up buying mega super duper or wtfe they are calling it, as I am a huge vinyl guy. Just not what I expected, and it seems like a dash for a bit O cash, and very unlike the 02 release which was amazing bargain imho. Just my 2.

I will wind up buying mega super duper or wtfe they are calling it, as I am a huge vinyl guy. Just not what I expected, and it seems like a dash for a bit O cash, and very unlike the 02 release which was amazing bargain imho. Just my 2.

It's not a cash grab. What everyone needs to remember is that if Jimmy had his way, we would have had new Zeppelin material long ago. The fact is that this will never happen. As Jimmy has crept up on 70, he has realized that there is material in the vaults that he would like to get out to the fan base; some of it will be breath taking, and some of it underwhelming, but the fact is that this is it. His hands are tied. All I can say is thank goodness he was motivated to spend countless hours cleaning this up for us, and remastering the original discs. If not for his love of all things Zep, and his respect for the fans, we might never have seen this material. Jimmy has done remarkable work here, and has made a proverbial purse out of a sow's ear. Please, think about it before you beat this stuff down, and criticize the man. Just imagine what an undertaking this was for him. It was simply massive. Don't forget that there are demos with JPJ singing (probably from ITTOD or LZ IV). Alternate versions of SIBLY and No Quarter too. There is much to be excited about here, and I for one cannot thank Jimmy enough for doing this for us. As I have said before, enjoy this moment. No, better yet, savor it. This is likely the last that we will see, and before long, the Jimmy Page's of the world will be gone. He didn't do this as a cash grab. He does not need the money. He did it for us. Let's keep that in mind and keep this all in perspective.

It's not a cash grab. What everyone needs to remember is that if Jimmy had his way, we would have had new Zeppelin material long ago. The fact is that this will never happen. As Jimmy has crept up on 70, he has realized that there is material in the vaults that he would like to get out to the fan base; some of it will be breath taking, and some of it underwhelming, but the fact is that this is it. His hands are tied. All I can say is thank goodness he was motivated to spend countless hours cleaning this up for us, and remastering the original discs. If not for his love of all things Zep, and his respect for the fans, we might never have seen this material. Jimmy has done remarkable work here, and has made a proverbial purse out of a sow's ear. Please, think about it before you beat this stuff down, and criticize the man. Just imagine what an undertaking this was for him. It was simply massive. Don't forget that there are demos with JPJ singing (probably from ITTOD or LZ IV). Alternate versions of SIBLY and No Quarter too. There is much to be excited about here, and I for one cannot thank Jimmy enough for doing this for us. As I have said before, enjoy this moment. No, better yet, savor it. This is likely the last that we will see, and before long, the Jimmy Page's if the world will be gone. He didn't do this as a cash grab He does not need the money. He did it for us. Let's keep that in mind and keep this all in perspective.

Well said. I agree that there is much to be thankful for! Purchased my super duper deluxe versions and can't wait to see what's next!! Many thanks to Jimmy for working so tirelessly for the fans!! ❤❤❤

Archived