New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Coda is an album full of outtakes anyway, so I guess Sugar Mama is possible.

And on the bonus disc there could be outtakes from any era.

Please Jimmy, give us a remastered (better SQ) version of Fire !!

If these are the same remasters, it's strange that they took so long to release these sets. I'm sure that remastering everything was the hardest and most time-consuming part. I highly doubt that it took them over a year to sort through all of the bonus material.

actually i highly suspect it too them over a year to sort through and decide what bonus material got used. Remember, they would have had to go through all the archives they have in-house, categorize them all by era, then start listening to them to see what they had that they could work with. Then, depending on the quality, type of recording, etc. there could be any number of hours, weeks, months of work that go into making something releasable.

Now, there's also the issue of the tapes stolen from Page's house in the 80's which we know haven't all been recovered. Page and the boys undoubtedly sent some people out to talk to collectors, particularly the ones who might have kept some recordings close to the chest and engaged in some business dealings to get the stolen tapes back which they would again, have to convert up to a releasable format.

Honstly, the most time-consuming thing in this whole process had to be the bonus items as Page and Co. already had the masters for all the albums and didn't have to look around for them. They just had to work some 21st century magic on them to remaster and package them all up for release. The hope is that they succeeded in getting some really deep stuff, which we'll know more about when they release the next round of work. Remember, the early days they didn't spend much time in the studio, it was very much get in get out and hit the road to make some money! Around LZ IV, they really started to get more time to themselves to work on things and to me that's where you'll see more outtakes and more interesting experimentation from the studio. Hopefully, some more live stuff makes its way out there as I imagine the Paris '69 show isn't the only show out of all this that Page thought was of a quality that one could release it. Having that recording, even if it's a different source than the radio broadcast, to me is an indication of more to come.

Are you buying in Japan, any "extras"

I ordered the "American" releases as I haven't seen any confirmation/details on Japanese editions yet.

Now that you mention it, there probably are Japanese (written language) releases in the works, in which case I shall have to pony up my yen to also add them to my collection. I'll do so with trepidation though as the Japanese cd release of Celebration Day was uncharacteristically absolutely horrible! Anyway, I doubt they'll contain any Japanese market extras as Jimmy would be hard-pressed to come up with something significant that is not already available on Japanese bootlegs.

Actually I've just returned from the bootleg district and the Paris '69 show is marked down to 500 yen now (about $5.00). I figured the inclusion of Paris '69 on the companion disc for the first album was going to slash the retail price on all the Paris '69 bootleg titles and it seems it has. Even so, it remains to be seen if there are any subtle differences between them.

Anyone know if ANY country will get the releases FIRST, or will they all be shipped the SAME day worldwide? Thanks!

(and how the HELL do you use the "quote" function?!) :wall:

Go to the post you wish to quote and click the Quote button. Then enter your reply and click Post. If you wish to reply to multiple posts, go to each post you wish to reply to and click the Multiquote button on each one. Then enter your reply beneath each and click Post.

@ Truefan, I have problems with my quote function as well, I am able to quote people using my cell phone, but on my computer when I try to quote someone, it simply posts as an unquoted post.

I'd like to know myself.

I believe they are scheduled to release on the same day allover the world.

Question to you SUPER fans (some would say fanatics) out there, those who know of the various BOOTLEGS and additional tracks that exist: since the companion disc to "LZ" is only a live performance, does that mean that there were NO additional tracks from that period to release, or that the tracks that are available are not of a sufficient QUALITY, either audio-wise or content-wise, to be OFFICIALLY released? Thanks!

SteveAJones: TRUST me, I tried that, but like "OzzyisDio," when I do that, it TOO posts as an UNQUOTED post. Another member mentioned the same thing, of being able to use the function on a PHONE, so maybe it's a function that's MEANT to be used as such, on a PHONE, not a PC. :wall:

Question for you TECH heads out there: is the HD download card offered in the "Super Deluxe" versions some kind of NEW format? The first of these types of "Super Deluxe" packages I can remember is Pink Floyd's, and I don't recall it being offered then. Why offer an HD card if you could just import the CDs using iTunes or WMP? Thanks!

SteveAJones: TRUST me, I tried that, but like "OzzyisDio," when I do that, it TOO posts as an UNQUOTED post. Another member mentioned the same thing, of being able to use the function on a PHONE, so maybe it's a function that's MEANT to be used as such, on a PHONE, not a PC. :wall:

Try using a different browser. I had a problem with the quote button when I upgraded Internet Explorer from 10 to 11. I've found that I can use the quote button using Google Chrome. There are of course other browser choices, just find the one that works for you.....Ps It seems that there are quite a few members here who are having a similar problem.

Question for you TECH heads out there: is the HD download card offered in the "Super Deluxe" versions some kind of NEW format? The first of these types of "Super Deluxe" packages I can remember is Pink Floyd's, and I don't recall it being offered then. Why offer an HD card if you could just import the CDs using iTunes or WMP? Thanks!

Pink Floyd's DSOTM and WYWH sets had hi-res audio on DVD and BluRay.

iTunes can't import higher than 16/48. And even if it could import at a higher resolution, the source discs are...16/44.1, so how would you get higher resolution out of that?

At least, as a non TECH head, that's how I see it.

The HD downloads are 24bit/96kHz. It's not a new format, it's just a higher resolution format.

CD is set at 16bit/44.1kHz. The HD downloads will have a much higher dynamic range than CD quality, and (arguably) better high frequency reproduction. Ripping those to MP3 would be a complete and utter waste of time & money! The idea with the "super deluxe" is you get CD quality (on the Cd's..... for everyday playback), you get the vinyl (mastered from the 24bit/96kHz sources so - arguably - better quality than the CD's), and you get the HD for pure audiophile best-quality-you-can-get-if-you-have-the-equipment-to-appreciate-it.

Quick question.... why do you keep SHOUTING randomly in the MIDDLE of your sentences IN every POST you make?

Anyone know if ANY country will get the releases FIRST, or will they all be shipped the SAME day worldwide? Thanks!

(and how the HELL do you use the "quote" function?!) :wall:

May 30th here in Australia!

and you get the HD for pure audiophile best-quality-you-can-get-if-you-have-the-equipment-to-appreciate-it.

Yes, I'll burn the files to DVD using Cirlinca to make DVD-A discs and rock them in my car!

FYI, the price for all three super deluxe sets bounced up to $127 on Amazon. Of course, if you bought at or before it went to $114 you're locked in at that price, unless and until it goes lower than that.

I hear years ago that there was another reel for ITTOD. Did anybody else hear this too? I'm thinking different songs.

If so most of those songs wound up on CODA in the form of Ozone Baby, Darlene, and Wearing and Tearing. I do hope there were more though. We'll see.

Question to you SUPER fans (some would say fanatics) out there, those who know of the various BOOTLEGS and additional tracks that exist: since the companion disc to "LZ" is only a live performance, does that mean that there were NO additional tracks from that period to release, or that the tracks that are available are not of a sufficient QUALITY, either audio-wise or content-wise, to be OFFICIALLY released? Thanks!

In my opinion some of the first album outtakes in circulation as bootlegs would have made a great companion disc. The audio quality, content and historical importance of them are all five stars. However, by including live material on the first set Jimmy has purposefully left the door open for the inclusion of additional live material on some of the other releases down the road.

How exactly does the HD download card work ?

I assume it directs you to a URL where you download the files, probably after entering a (one-use-only?) password, which would be included on the card.

I ordered my Super Deluxe versions a couple of days ago with Amazon. I also took the option of using their Prime Shipping. It's free two day shipping and I'll get these on the release date. I only took a 30 day trial version of Prime.

Since this is only a trial version of Prime and I can cancel within the 30 days and not be charged, will I still get the free shipping as a pre-order, since these will not ship until after my free trial of prime ends?

I ordered my Super Deluxe versions a couple of days ago with Amazon. I also took the option of using their Prime Shipping. It's free two day shipping and I'll get these on the release date. I only took a 30 day trial version of Prime.

Since this is only a trial version of Prime and I can cancel within the 30 days and not be charged, will I still get the free shipping as a pre-order, since these will not ship until after my free trial of prime ends?

I was looking into that scheme too. I even asked Amazon how it works. If you don't have Prime when they ship, you won't get 2-day shipping. And, if you order, and then start Prime during the shipping timeframe, you won't get 2-day shipping then, either. You have to have Prime when you order AND when it ships.

I might start a trial around May 5th and redo my order, if the price is right. :)

Archived