New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Great news and all, but why more LIVE releases aren't being planned I'll never know.

he seems to imply in some of that interview that there will be live audio and video included in this, but who knows, he might finally find the multi tracks for some stuff that he never though the had and release it.............especially for the 1977 stuff, that would make the presence re-release much cooler if that one happened to get a complete live show included.

As for stand-alone live releases, we just got Celebration Day, figures no stand-alones for a while as he goes through these remasters, which as he points out are a comprehensive remastering which hasn't been done since 1980, and by the sounds of it, he's trying not to just make this a lazy remastering where they just max out the volume and kill the dynamics. Have a little faith and we might all get rewarded.

Hmm....flotsam and jetsam, eh? Flotsam is leftover debris from a wrecked ship. Jetsam is debris that was discarded by a ship in a time of distress to make the ship lighter and presumably more seaworthy. If the ship is, well, a led zeppelin.....I would be quite interested to see whatever flotsam and jetsam Pagey has squirrelled away regardless of his estimation of its substantiality.

Led Zep talks will delay remasters

http://www.classicro...elay-remasters/

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has hinted at the bonus material which will appear on the band’s upcoming remaster series – but he’s warned fans to be patient because some of the band haven’t yet agreed to the re-releases.

He hopes the material will be released “bit by bit” starting next year, but adds: “You’ve got to get to the point where all the members of the group are in agreement. I would hope it’s sooner rather than later.”

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has hinted at the bonus material which will appear on the band’s upcoming remaster series – but he’s warned fans to be patient because some of the band haven’t yet agreed to the re-releases.

He hopes the material will be released “bit by bit” starting next year, but adds: “You’ve got to get to the point where all the members of the group are in agreement. I would hope it’s sooner rather than later.”

only slightly taking the rollingstone quote out of context, he never said talking to the other guys would delay things, just that he has to run things by them and that this won't all be coming out at once, but rather in phases.

I wonder what Jimmy means by "bit by bit"...

Classic Rock revealed last month that Page was at work completing new versions of Led Zep’s entire catalogue.

Now he’s revealed a few more details. He tells Rolling Stone: “The catalogue was last remastered 20 years ago. That’s a long time. Everything is being transferred to a higher-resolution digital format. That’s one of the problems with the Zeppelin stuff – it sounds ridiculous on MP3. You can’t hear what’s there properly.”

Referring to the band’s recording sessions at Headley Grange he explains: ” “There was an overage of material – different versions of things, different approaches to the mixes. The classic was When the Levee Breaks, where the drums were set up in the hallway. You know what it sounded like: immense. But we used the drums in the hall for a number of things, like Kashmir, some with closer mics. There were a lot of different approaches. It will be fascinating for people to witness the work in progress.”

Other extras are likely to include live recordings and film footage. But Page insists it’s not a case of bundling any old extras into the remaster packages.

“I’m not just throwing on any old flotsam and jetsam,” he says. “This will be really substantial stuff. All of it is good – it has its own character and validity.”

He hopes the material will be released “bit by bit” starting next year, but adds: “You’ve got to get to the point where all the members of the group are in agreement. I would hope it’s sooner rather than later.” http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/led-zeppelin-talks-will-delay-remasters/

My wish list

• studio outtakes
  • alternate mixes
  • all albums released on BD-A with DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound
  • some multitracked concerts
  • raw MSG footage
  • All Earls Court concerts released separately
  • Pontiac 1977
  • RAH 1970 on Blu-ray

By the most recent Page interview it looks like your wish might come true after all.

I'm sure the promotion tour they just did, it was discussed. Page might not have tapes Jason, Robert or John might have on hand.

Hopefully they do a "making of" documentary for each album. or do one "Classic Albums" for one or two of the albums. I think it would be good to have that for the fans, in their own words from old and new interviews, and include tour footage/concert audio.

If they put some of it out on Blu Ray the way Pink Floyd did with Wish You Were Here, and Dark Side of the Moon, and put the different mixes out? Would prob. be the best way to put those albums out.

I do think the AC/DC iTunes remasters tie into why he wants to do an online overhaul, and I'm sure the web team are going to be pretty busy. It would be pretty cool to have the catalog interactive, animated, and enjoyed in years to come.

I just think some of the planning and getting them together to discuss how the projects should be presented, because this is the last hurrah of reissues coming directly from the band.

He prob. already did remaster it, and is just waiting to see what everyone wants.

i dont see it as one of the members holding back necessarily. Just given that Jones and Plant and Bonham are off doing their own thing, while jimmy is of course busy in the studio, not everyone has had the chance to sit down and review everything. Im sure once Jimmy has everything prepared, the others will look at everything as soon as they can.

I would just enjoy Celebration Day for now...I have a feeling this could be more like couple of years for remasters...I want them too but I also thought the 07 show would be out 6 months after the show so am cautious...I dont think the rest of the guys will have any problem with the idea...

Archived