New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

First post in a LONG time. I PREORDERED. The DELUXE BOX SET of LED ZEPPELIN. SPECIFICALLY because of the LIVE PARIS show being included on VINYL!!!!! Why a TREAT!!!!!!

If the other II. (and III). Happen to com my way someday, All the better. I'm surprised non of THE BOMBAY sessions ended up on III.

IM hoping PRESENCE gets released with no extra tracks, Just an OBJECT.

First post in a LONG time. I PREORDERED. The DELUXE BOX SET of LED ZEPPELIN. SPECIFICALLY because of the LIVE PARIS show being included on VINYL!!!!! Why a TREAT!!!!!!

If the other II. (and III). Happen to com my way someday, All the better. I'm surprised non of THE BOMBAY sessions ended up on III.

Not a fan of the random capitalizations BUT i like you're enthusiasm :P

It's an exciting time to be a Zeppelin fan

It's always an exciting time to be a Zeppelin fan

I forgot all about those sessions. They were recorded, just after the 1972 winter tour in New Zealand/Australia around Feb/March of that year, if I'm correct. I think that's around the time the band had the problem in Singapore with their hair.

Perhaps, these may end up on HOTH as these sessions are just prior to that album. But to me that wouldn't make sense. The way to do it as I see it, is put it on the expanded version of Coda! What do you think?

I forgot all about those sessions. They were recorded, just after the 1972 winter tour in New Zealand/Australia around Feb/March of that year, if I'm correct. I think that's around the time the band had the problem in Singapore with their hair.

Perhaps, these may end up on HOTH as these sessions are just prior to that album. But to me that wouldn't make sense. The way to do it as I see it, is put it on the expanded version of Coda! What do you think?

would guess that's a no on HOTH.......there's prolly plenty of studio session stuff related to that record and even the possibility of live stuff. We still haven't confirmed whether or not pagey is willing to do companion discs that are a mixture of live and studio yet, which to me would make PERFECT sense. That way you don't have to have a PERFECT or all around great show, just one where you've got some stellar performances you can extract out. Give me an uncut No Quarter live at some point pagey, even though we know that undoubtedly the faster version of No Quarter from the HOTH sessions will prolly make it on the release....

as for Bombay, CODA...

You guys are crazy, the Bombay sessions cleaned up and/or from a multi-track source (which is, I think, not possible) would sound awesome.

Assuming the future albums maintain the format established by the first three, however, we'll get some barebones and interesting alternate takes from the recording sessions themselves. We'll definitely get "The Campaign," for example...

You guys are crazy, the Bombay sessions cleaned up and/or from a multi-track source (which is, I think, not possible) would sound awesome.

Assuming the future albums maintain the format established by the first three, however, we'll get some barebones and interesting alternate takes from the recording sessions themselves. We'll definitely get "The Campaign," for example...

We've had The Campaign since 1973, haven't we? AKA: The Song Remains the Same's working title.

The alternate version of Four Stix with the Indian musicians is incredible. It may be short but it is sweet.

Agreed,even if for just an historical record.The booklet for the first box set,Kurt Loder said that Zep was one of the first hard rock to explore 'world' music and got little credit for it.Then Page and Plant had many other musicians play with them on the alternative versionss of Zep songs and their -new- stuff,.....ho-hum.

KB

I am really glad they are again offering these in so many formats at reasonable prices The 2 cd sets for $18 a piece is great...there is no way I could ever afford a grand or more on these altho for the people who collect vinyl they r really nice(Super Deluxe) I would be tempted if i had the cash or thought i would on 3 occasions but the cd sets will do me fine with an extra disc and I am looking forward to a '69 concert on cd...as someone who doesn't buy boots exposure to live stuff is minimal for me Just whats out there now

Hello, my name is Ron and I am new to this forum, I've been a Led Zeppelin fan for quiet some time and I've been reading this forum for the past two months. I find this forum excellent, social and very informative. There are lots of great discussions in this forum, and thought I might join in on this topic. There is no doubt that Jimmy Page is doing justice to Led Zeppelin's studio recordings by reissuing and remastering all the studio albums and releasing them on CD, Vinyl and iTunes, and also releasing live performances and studio outtakes as bonus material.

But what we (or at least I) care about is the bonus material. I'm pretty excited for the first album's bonus material because we are getting a live concert in that disc, Paris, Olympia, 1969. I wonder what else Jimmy would have inside the vaults... Anyways, moving on to Led Zeppelin II's bonus material, the studio outtakes sound like they are going to be very cool, but I'm mostly excited for "La La". When I looked up the song on iTunes, it said "La La (Intro)" instead of "La La". Any thoughts? For Led Zeppelin III's bonus material, I'm again excited for the studio outtakes, but I'm especially excited about "Keys To The Highway/Trouble In Mind" and the "Since I've Been Loving You" take Jimmy was talking about.

What bonus materials would you want on the next albums? Is there a possibility that Jimmy is going to release some video accompanying the next reissues? If so, which concert footage would you like Jimmy to release?

Now the track listings have been published for the first three releases it is now safe to assume that there is no usable material, audio or visual from "Bath". Never mind eh.

I think I'm in the minority of one here but I'm hoping that there isn't toomuch live stuff on these releases and here's my reasoning:

1. I'm really intrigued as to how the actual official album remasters will sound. I'm hoping they are a leap on from the 1990 remasters stuff which for me are the best sonically at the moment.

I know they aren't to everyone's taste but they are still the CD's I turn to when I need the official LZ Studio itch scratched.

I have the SHM CD box set among others but for my ears it's just another example of the "loudness wars" that so many releases seem to be a part of.

2. In my opinion these upcoming releases are predominantly about studio recordings, Saying that I totally understand why Olympia 69 is on LZ 1,

I think that any extra studio tracks from this era will probably appear on CODA which as previously mentioned will make that a very interesting release when it appears.

All the other albums (apart from Presence?Maybe some multimedia or live material to cohabit within the Presence release?) will have some interesting material so here's looking forward already!!

I also think it's fantastic that JP has really taken a look what's around unofficially and releasing some tracks we don't already have...surely that's got to be worth looking forward to?

Studio Magik will still get a lot of airplay but I'm so looking forward to what may be around the corner and presently far better sonically on these releases that benefit from the master's touch?

3. I know a lot of people are clamouring for live stuff to be on these sets but I think I'm the only one who doesn't.

My thinking is that someday they'll appear a few years down the line after being given the same treatment the Studio albums are to receive with these three upcoming releases and what will surely come with the others.

I'd rather they received the full attention they deserve rather than a few tracks on a bonus disc...you can dream eh?

I'm thinking 4-5 years down the line the vault is opened, JP weaves his sonic magic over certain shows that we know that are around (plus maybe a few surprises?) with a fanfare that says "this is it, we have no more, this is our legacy" or sentiments to that effect.

What is evident is this, we all have ideas about what should and shouldn't be released and the fantastic thing from a Zeppelin fan perspective is we all have different ideas as to what we'd like.

Which in reality shows exactly why we love this band so much in the first place doesn't it?

I agree with you tiptop. I hope not to see a single live track on these releases apart from the debut album. I want as much studio material and embryonic / demo variety, and outtake variety as possible, and I don't want the media space wasted with live material that could be released at a later date in a stand alone release. Please, no more live material Jimmy.

I think I'm in the minority of one here but I'm hoping that there isn't toomuch live stuff on these releases and here's my reasoning:

1. I'm really intrigued as to how the actual official album remasters will sound. I'm hoping they are a leap on from the 1990 remasters stuff which for me are the best sonically at the moment.

I know they aren't to everyone's taste but they are still the CD's I turn to when I need the official LZ Studio itch scratched.

I have the SHM CD box set among others but for my ears it's just another example of the "loudness wars" that so many releases seem to be a part of.

2. In my opinion these upcoming releases are predominantly about studio recordings, Saying that I totally understand why Olympia 69 is on LZ 1,

I think that any extra studio tracks from this era will probably appear on CODA which as previously mentioned will make that a very interesting release when it appears.

All the other albums (apart from Presence?Maybe some multimedia or live material to cohabit within the Presence release?) will have some interesting material so here's looking forward already!!

I also think it's fantastic that JP has really taken a look what's around unofficially and releasing some tracks we don't already have...surely that's got to be worth looking forward to?

Studio Magik will still get a lot of airplay but I'm so looking forward to what may be around the corner and presently far better sonically on these releases that benefit from the master's touch?

3. I know a lot of people are clamouring for live stuff to be on these sets but I think I'm the only one who doesn't.

My thinking is that someday they'll appear a few years down the line after being given the same treatment the Studio albums are to receive with these three upcoming releases and what will surely come with the others.

I'd rather they received the full attention they deserve rather than a few tracks on a bonus disc...you can dream eh?

I'm thinking 4-5 years down the line the vault is opened, JP weaves his sonic magic over certain shows that we know that are around (plus maybe a few surprises?) with a fanfare that says "this is it, we have no more, this is our legacy" or sentiments to that effect.

What is evident is this, we all have ideas about what should and shouldn't be released and the fantastic thing from a Zeppelin fan perspective is we all have different ideas as to what we'd like.

Which in reality shows exactly why we love this band so much in the first place doesn't it?

Yeah, but then it just gets confusing now doesn't it.....when they did HTWWW and the Led Zep DVD, they tried to spin that as the best of what they had and that nothing else live was worth coming out, especially on the visual side of things. It would be interesting if down the road Jimmy opted to release more on either the audio or visual side, but we shall see. It will be interesting to see what comes out for the records like Presence where there isn't much evidence at current about much additional studio items, but we shall see i suppose.

Regardless Led Zep News on twitter is reporting Jimmy is doing sit down interviews tomorrow in a studio around these releases, obviously would assume we see them next month, but yeah the press wheel is starting to roll.......interested to see how much/if any jpj and rp do in terms of interviews....

It was rehearsed for the first album, with Jimmy playing pedal steel guitar. No confirmation that it was ever recorded.

Source ? Oh don't tell me, Wikipedia !!!

It was rehearsed for the first album, with Jimmy playing pedal steel guitar. No confirmation that it was ever recorded.

Thanks swandown. I am wondering if perhaps people get the idea that Led Zeppelin played "Chest Fever" because of the January 5, 1969 Whisky boot? After the band leaves the stage, you can hear the Whisky house system begin to play The Band's "Chest Fever" and I have seen comments on various internet sites from people misconstruing that as Led Zeppelin actually playing "Chest Fever".

^^^^^ Please no, not the Bombay sessions, they are as dull as dishwater.

I beg to differ. I think they are interesting, and assuming Jimmy has the tapes in much better quality than previously heard on bootlegs, it would be a great addition to the official historical record. Especially love "Four Sticks".

Archived