New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Actually, it's D'yer Mak'er, That's the Way, and Gallows Pole (just FYI).

Thanks for the correction, I didn't see Gallows Pole? Maybe I missed it but in the two links that are on the forum I linked I saw That's The Way, D'yer Mak'er, and Tangerine.

Thanks for the correction, I didn't see Gallows Pole? Maybe I missed it but in the two links that are on the forum I linked I saw That's The Way, D'yer Mak'er, and Tangerine.

Ack! You are right, it is Tangerine, not Gallows Pole. Whoops! :oops:

Question for future discussions of LP boxed sets after the June release.

Thinking ahead for when the releases are issued in June is it better for discussion purposes to set up individual threads for each LP box set as opposed to continuing this thread and lumping all three together.

I'm thinking it's better to set up individual threads for each LP box set. I'm wondering what others think?

Thinking ahead for when the releases are issued in June is it better for discussion purposes to set up individual threads for each LP box set as opposed to continuing this thread and lumping all three together.

I'm thinking it's better to set up individual threads for each LP box set. I'm wondering what others think?

That is a good idea! That would be smart because sometimes people's questions/comments get lost in other comments/questions and never get noticed and answered.

I think you'll find many of the people posting here will go as off topic within each of those threads as they have with this one. Good luck.

well, I was throwing it out there. I appreciate the comments. If people are interested in having three separate threads for the three box sets after June maybe somebody else will actually set it up, someone that is more active than I am. I always enjoy reading people's comments and of course putting in my own two cents worth. However we do it is fine with me. As far as going off-topic, well, your right, I don't want to go into that too much . There will be a lot to talk about. Maybe the different threads will just begin to pop up naturally for all kinds of different subjects like a new song, comments on a particular remastered song?, I'm not sure. I do find it is easy to get lost in a longer thread like this.

Sorry if this has already been asked, there are wayyyy too many posts to read through on this. So II and III are going to be remastered with a 2nd disc full of alternate, backing, and a few unreleased tracks. is I going to have a similar 2nd disc with alternate and backing tracks plus a 3rd disc of the Paris concert or will it just be the Paris concert instead of backing and alternate tracks? (I think it costs a little more so I assume it will be 3 disc, but track listing just shows 2 disc) nonetheless hurry up June 3rd!! haha ps. I found WLL, WIAWSNB, and Ramble On alternate versions on YouTube with the new II cover on it, anyone hear those and have any idea if those are what will really be on there or just something fake??

Sorry if this has already been asked, there are wayyyy too many posts to read through on this. So II and III are going to be remastered with a 2nd disc full of alternate, backing, and a few unreleased tracks. is I going to have a similar 2nd disc with alternate and backing tracks plus a 3rd disc of the Paris concert or will it just be the Paris concert instead of backing and alternate tracks? (I think it costs a little more so I assume it will be 3 disc, but track listing just shows 2 disc) nonetheless hurry up June 3rd!! haha ps. I found WLL, WIAWSNB, and Ramble On alternate versions on YouTube with the new II cover on it, anyone hear those and have any idea if those are what will really be on there or just something fake??

Led Zeppelin 1 will have the Paris '69 concert in lieu of studio outtakes/unreleased tracks. Any Led Zeppelin II outtakes you may find on YouTube or elsewhere are simply fan made "remixes" using the multitracks that were leaked a couple of years ago. They are not what is going to be released in the box sets.

I have just joined the forum so if I'm saying the same stuff forgive me. First off I am a Led Zep fan but I don't know everything that there is to know about them . I do own everything they put out via Atlantic records (including The Song Remains , The Mountain DVD) but {snip}

treasure trove but and this is my personal opinion I would like to see In through the Out Door REMIXED!!!! Get those crappy synths off & Plants voice up a bit . There is definitely some good riffs in there but they are buried in the mix. It's been done with Let it Be & Double Fantasy so here's hoping. My favourite Led Zep album is the first , followed by the BBC sessions!

Good Lord, there is a remaster or remix of Double Fantasy....all it really needed was a good flush.

Led Zeppelin 1 will have the Paris '69 concert in lieu of studio outtakes/unreleased tracks. Any Led Zeppelin II outtakes you may find on YouTube or elsewhere are simply fan made "remixes" using the multitracks that were leaked a couple of years ago. They are not what is going to be released in the box sets.

You could not have been more helpful, thank you. I saw a comment that said that but wasn't sure if I could take one opinion which I'm very glad more excitement for the future! And some didn't sound half bad but I'm sure what Page has for us is a real treasure!

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin's remastered debut album will include additional companion audio of an unreleased concert from Paris 1969. To be released on multiple CD, vinyl, and digital formats as well as a Limited Edition Super Deluxe Box. Details on all formats are here: www.ledzeppelin.com

Trailer available here:

Excellent trailer -- thanks for linking to that Sam!

Here's hoping we get trailers for the other two box sets with hints of the unreleased material :smiley_pray:

Surely we will! Can't wait, might keep the naysayers at bay for a little bit. :)

EDIT: The most fascinating thing about the trailer to me is the sneak-peek at Jimmy's (?) handwritten notes.

I see 1968.10.03 listed as a date (alongside other recording info, such as the studio at Olympic) in the video, but the song it refers to is obscured by other elements.

Beside "Communication Breakdown" (at around 0:52) is written "Too Good." :P

At 0:53-0:54 you can see "Blues I" and "Sugar Mama"...cool stuff.

It is the same base source. It sounds much better than some of the bootleg versions, and a little better than the very best bootleg versions.

There's a Tarantura bootleg called "In the Act of Invoking the Spirit" (part of a larger, multi-concert box set called "The Valkyrie's Vigil"). That's the best bootleg version I've heard. The official release sounds similar to that - but of course with some further polish, the addition of Moby Dick, and cuts/edits to three of the other seven tracks.

Archived