New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

According to this blogger, the expanded Led Zeppelin releases will be the first to be available as lossless 24 bit downloads from iTunes: http://robertmusic.blogspot.no/2014/03/led-zeppelin-and-future-of-hi-res-audio.html

Would be interesting, but I find it hard to trust someone who makes such bold claims and offers no proof.

At first I thought this sounded plausible, and seemed in-line with the way Apple/iTunes does things--launching something new with a big act, and who better than LZ?

However...as far as I'm concerned, the (supposedly exclusive) inclusion of the HD tracks in the super deluxe sets adds a great deal of appeal to those sets. I could see iTunes being the download mechanism for the tracks (download card sends you to iTunes), but making them available for just $1 more would seem to short-circuit the marketing of the super deluxe sets.

AND, making HD tracks available on iTunes on June 3rd for just $1 more than the regular tracks would likely piss off everyone who has pre-ordered the deluxe edition CDs, along the lines of "I paid $17 for the CDs but I could have had HD audio for $30 (or something like that)?"

Since no one seems to have posted this here (thanks to Cook for the heads up): "Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown" will be available for download as a pre-order bonus from "iTunes and other digital retailers" tomorrow, says Rolling Stone. A Spanish website (thanks to mick_sh over at SH.tv) claims that we'll get the "Whole Lotta Love" alternate on April 28th.

Well I hope the digital download has nothing to do with Apple as I despise that company and all their proprietary files, cables, etc...

To each their own. I personally find the anti-Apple movement to be as bad as the cultists themselves.

:P

Since no one seems to have posted this here (thanks to Cook for the heads up): "Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown" will be available for download as a pre-order bonus from "iTunes and other digital retailers" tomorrow, says Rolling Stone. A Spanish website (thanks to mick_sh over at SH.tv) claims that we'll get the "Whole Lotta Love" alternate on April 28th.

Thanks for the Spanish link, that seems to confirm that we'll have a new track every two weeks, which is great!

Also the Spanish link suggests that the Soundcloud links will only be up for 24 hours, and then the live track will go on sale on iTunes and Amazon as well as streaming on Spotify, which was news to me.

Thanks for the Spanish link, that seems to confirm that we'll have a new track every two weeks, which is great!

Also the Spanish link suggests that the Soundcloud links will only be up for 24 hours, and then the live track will go on sale on iTunes and Amazon as well as streaming on Spotify, which was news to me.

Missed that, as I was only looking for the date! :P

Makes sense to me, in order to capitalize (so-to-speak) on sales and streaming through Spotify, while satisfying people's curiosity/giving them an avenue to listen before purchasing. Seems reasonable to me. :)

To each their own. I personally find the anti-Apple movement to be as bad as the cultists themselves.

:P

I'm not anti apple per se' I just can't stand when its rammed down my throat.

Soooo what does everyone think of GTBT/CB?? The quality is certainly there compared to the boot, though the boot has decent quality to begin with. I've listed to that and HMMT and must say that's a great concert to pick from though I would like to have seen Killing Floor in the mix!

I sound like a plant from Atlantic/Rhino/Metropolis, I'm sure, but I really enjoy what they were able to do with "Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown." It sounds more balanced than the versions that I've heard bootlegged.

I sound like a plant from Atlantic/Rhino/Metropolis, I'm sure, but I really enjoy what they were able to do with "Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown." It sounds more balanced than the versions that I've heard bootlegged.

Listened to the GTBD/CB track on spotify, It's better than the CDr I have of the Wendy version, but not by a great deal (Have to wait for the disc to do a proper compare on the HiFi. But as expected it's mono (a bit of a pisser). I just hope that the second and third album bonus discs have some content on them that is not already on bootleg, somehow I'm begining to doubt that, just have to wait and see....Roll on 2nd of June.

Listened to the GTBD/CB track on spotify, It's better than the CDr I have of the Wendy version, but not by a great deal (Have to wait for the disc to do a proper compare on the HiFi. But as expected it's mono (a bit of a pisser). I just hope that the second and third album bonus discs have some content on them that is not already on bootleg, somehow I'm begining to doubt that, just have to wait and see....Roll on 2nd of June.

Technically, it's duophonic...and what did you expect from a show that wasn't multi-tracked?

Have some faith...

Hello again...

Happy to be here for a moment.

I've gotta say that, with the upcoming release approaching-

I'm just as excited about this, as I was for HTWWW.

As Barbara Lewis would say, "Hello stranger...it seems like a mighty long time."

Has this already been posted? On youtube... Led zeppelin "LED ZEPPELIN (DELUXE EDITION)"

Official promo video?

Yes, our fearless leader Sam Webmaster already posted it here...go back a page and you'll see it.

Thanks for posting that the-ocean87. I didn't want to sign up for spotify just to hear one track.

Pretty ballsy if you ask me, posting a pirate link on the official Zeppelin forum. Just makes it easier for the team to have it taken down, though. ;)

EDIT: Someone must have leaked that conference, it isn't included on the Olympia event calendar.

It was really interesting to hear the Jam Sandwich riff at the end of GTBD/ CB, which of course would appear on the Death Wish 2 soundtrack 13 years later. Other than that, thrilled that we'll be getting these DE's, but I've never met a DE that impressed me much, and I have lots.

It was really interesting to hear the Jam Sandwich riff at the end of GTBD/ CB, which of course would appear on the Desth Wish 2 soundtrack 13 years later. Other than that, thrilled that we'll be getting these DE's, but I've never met a DE that impressed me much, and I have lots.

In terms of completeness and/or musical enjoyment, so far I've been most impressed by the In the Court of the Crimson King box and The Dark Side of the Moon "Immersion" box set.

I'll be more interested, and derive more pleasure, from these boxes because they're Zeppelin, though.

Archived