New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Hopefully they do a "making of" documentary for each album. or do one "Classic Albums" for one or two of the albums. I think it would be good to have that for the fans, in their own words from old and new interviews, and include tour footage/concert audio.
A Classic Albums would be amazing. They'd obviously have to do Led Zeppelin IV though, right? Any sort of official documentary type of thing would be mind-blowing.

Well there is footage of them in the studio recording some of Led Zeppelin II, it's just not circulating. As far as the overall lack of in studio pictures, I guess that Led Zeppelin was pretty private when they were in the studio? I'm sure there's a plethora of photos that haven't been released.

Im more interested of why there is no video footage of them in being in studio and so few pictures of them in there?!

I always took it that Zeppelin worked hard in the studio and let the results speak for themselves. I'm rather sounding like Peter Grant here

Well there is footage of them in the studio recording some of Led Zeppelin II, it's just not circulating. As far as the overall lack of in studio pictures, I guess that Led Zeppelin was pretty private when they were in the studio? I'm sure there's a plethora of photos that haven't been released.

Agreed. I always wanted to take a look at them in the studio while recording Presence. There's a short video on the internet of them walking around Headly Grange

and setting up the Stones's mobile studio, and it must be around 1970 (LZ III) because of the clothes that Jimmy's wearing .

Page's comments to David Fricke of Rolling Stone about including live music and video footage (although there is not much) got me rereading Led Zeppelin: The Concert File by Dave Lewis and Simon Palett.

Interestingly, I stumbled on some information that I never noticed before on page 131 it says in late June/early July of 1979 at Bray Berkshire, Bray Studios... the group begin intensive rehearsals in preparation for Knebworth....Video footage is shot for possible future use, including a sketch with John Bonham demonstrating the art of folding a T-shirt which draws on his experiences as a former menswear salesmen.

Maybe this will be included in the remastered deluxe editions

Page's comments to David Fricke of Rolling Stone about including live music and video footage (although there is not much) got me rereading Led Zeppelin: The Concert File by Dave Lewis and Simon Palett.

Interestingly, I stumbled on some information that I never noticed before on page 131 it says in late June/early July of 1979 at Bray Berkshire, Bray Studios... the group begin intensive rehearsals in preparation for Knebworth....Video footage is shot for possible future use, including a sketch with John Bonham demonstrating the art of folding a T-shirt which draws on his experiences as a former menswear salesmen.

That would be great.

9e9.gif

albums rarely sell "millions" anymore although these SHOULD....I just dont see the physical cd's selling by the million when many stores didnt even carry Celebration Day......Hopfully they will though but with a coming collapse of the economy I dont know if people will be double and triple buying the same product even with bonuses...I have bought them on Vinyl once and cd twice....I don't feel a need or have the resources for another go round

As I assume here there are long time fans, among the stuff that is gonna be delivered from 2013 onwards anyone think it is possible to have a "Complete Earl Courts Arena"?

I imagine that they could release complete and or best of package from the Earls Court run. I know that there are issues with the multi-track, so it would have to be patched or use an alternate source. Since Jimmy did say that there will be video on these new releases, there are at least three professionally filmed concerts that have not been completely released, Earls Court being two of them.

Sorry if someone posted this already- When the Levee Breaks-Alternate mix

There's a couple alternate versions of this one floating around, pretty cool.

I imagine that they could release complete and or best of package from the Earls Court run. I know that there are issues with the multi-track, so it would have to be patched or use an alternate source. Since Jimmy did say that there will be video on these new releases, there are at least three professionally filmed concerts that have not been completely released, Earls Court being two of them.

There's a couple alternate versions of this one floating around, pretty cool.

There was talk back in 2001 that Jimmy was going to release a Annv.version of the 4th album with alternate versions

Im more interested of why there is no video footage of them in being in studio and so few pictures of them in there?!

The thing about Led Zeppelin was that it recorded very quickly, so every minute counted as far as what we could actually do. It wasn't the precedent, the photographs, so if we were in a studio, unless their timing was perfect when we were recording then it wouldn't be happening, using our recording time for a photo session? Absolutely not.

Jimmy Page quotation from issue #11 of Lid Magazine.

There was talk back in 2001 that Jimmy was going to release a Annv.version of the 4th album with alternate versions

The alt. versions/mixes I've heard are pretty cool.

As long as it doesn't turn out to be a rehashing of previously released material, I'll be more than happy. Instrumental versions, complete tracks w/o fade, alternate solos/lyrics, different takes. Can't wait to see what Jimmy's got.

The other two are the Royal Albert Hall and Knebworth doesn't it?

List of professionally shot Led Zeppelin concerts (confirmed):

RAH 1970

MSG 1973 (27 July)

MSG 1973 (28 July)

MSG 1973 (29 July)

Earls Court 1975 (17 May)

Earls Court 1975 (18 May)

Earls Court 1975 (23 May)

Earls Court 1975 (24 May)

Earls Court 1975 (25 May)

Seattle 1977

Knebworth 1979 (4 August)

Knebworth 1979 (11 August)

List of professionally shot Led Zeppelin concerts (confirmed):

MSG 1973 (27 July) NOT COMPLETE

MSG 1973 (28 July) NOT COMPLETE

MSG 1973 (29 July) NOT COMPLETE

Earls Court 1975 (17 May)

Earls Court 1975 (18 May)

Earls Court 1975 (23 May)

There has never been confirmation for the first three Earls Court nights. And the MSG footage is not complete, as we all know! Not even enough to show one complete concert.

There has never been confirmation for the first three Earls Court nights. And the MSG footage is not complete, as we all know! Not even enough to show one complete concert.

Which is why I said there are at least three. Seattle 77, Earls Court 24th and 25th. I did forget about Knebworth, and RAH has more or less been released completely. So then I guess there are at least five complete, professionally shot, recordings that haven't been completely released yet that are in reasonable release quality.

:thumbsup:

The link seems to include filmed. I was talking about concerts that can be

1. shot/recorded
  2. only recorded (no footage)

Cheers.

Here ya go,

List of all shows played and recorded: http://www.royal-orl...php?f=21&t=6084 (shows that were recorded say -a- or -s- at the end of each line)

List of all circulating video: http://www.royal-orl...hp?f=21&t=20944

Archived