New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Haha, didn't mean to turn this into "let's decipher Zeppelin's lyrics -- the thread!" :P

Listening again to the Davis remasters, it seems very clear that the two lines in question are as the site have them: "When you cut it, mama," and "I'm chewin' a piece of your custard pie."

Correct-a-mundo

I've always felt the lyric for the close of Custard Pie is "Sure wanna piece of your custard pie" - as this fits with the polite tone of the last verse and the way Plant delivers it on the release [Your custard pie, sweet and nice, when you cut it mamma, save me a slice of your - custard pie, I declare it's sweet and nice! love your custard pie!!..... When you cut it momma, momma pleeaase, save me a slice] Makes sense to me in that moment, even if not the written lyric, Plant went for the continue feel of that "politeness" with a perfectly fitting "Sure wanna piece of your custard pie!".

I am sure many will disagree, I'll continue to believe it! :P

You got it, I think.

The last time might be "I'd sure love a piece of your custard pie". And it's surely "cut it".

I really don't think it's "chewin". We are not talking about real pie here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/10789472/Led-Zeppelin-Why-Ha-Ha-may-not-be-worth-all-the-hoo-hah.html

This popped up as news today on google...Can someone tell Bob Stanley he got the name wrong and ask him how this piece of garbage even counts as news?!!!!

I saw this news piece a few days ago. Didn't think much of it. Typical fill in material. This does not deserve it's own thread, It should be included in the "Box Sets" thread in the News section here.

Perhaps, the mods can have this moved as it should be.

This is in reference to the Telegraph thread, which was started earlier today, which I suggested, didn't deserve it's own thread and be moved to this one. May be in the process of doing so now.

As you can see it has been now. Wow! that didn't take long and just a matter of minutes after my request. Great work Mods!!

You got it, I think.

The last time might be "I'd sure love a piece of your custard pie". And it's surely "cut it".

I really don't think it's "chewin". We are not talking about real pie here.

But, we'll be getting a nice big slice of pie very soon! :thumbsup: Let's hope it's your favorite flavor!

I've always felt the lyric for the close of Custard Pie is "Sure wanna piece of your custard pie" - as this fits with the polite tone of the last verse and the way Plant delivers it on the release [Your custard pie, sweet and nice, when you cut it mamma, save me a slice of your - custard pie, I declare it's sweet and nice! love your custard pie!!..... When you cut it momma, momma pleeaase, save me a slice] Makes sense to me in that moment, even if not the written lyric, Plant went for the continue feel of that "politeness" with a perfectly fitting "Sure wanna piece of your custard pie!".

I am sure many will disagree, I'll continue to believe it! :P

I think you are correct, except I think the last bit is " I'd sure love a piece of your custard pie "

I think you are correct, except I think the last bit is " I'd sure love a piece of your custard pie "

I was going say something about the the lyrics, but I don't have great record when it comes to this subject. :yesnod:

Woha - brilliant teaser! Thanks Dandu. Now committed to saving my lunch money for that one. Making a collection of the teasers to lift the spirits on rainy daze....

No JTM you are not deluded, having Led Zeppelin albums on high res ( either 96/24 or 192/48) would be fantastic.

It would be preferable if they released them on a disc within the box sets ( like The Doors and Pink Floyd did) .

I am also hoping for a 5.1 mix, because this would bring the music to another level of enjoyment. Imagine sitting in a chair, with a high res 5.1 mix of "In The Light" playing around you, the opening drone spinning around your head as the sound travels from speaker to speaker...one can only wish. There has been little detail about the format of the "HD download" , I hope it is an option, or as other members have stated, an option for a future release.

I do not agree with some other posts that High Res Audio is strictly a niche market. Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is the best selling SACD of all time, Led Zeppelin would easily sell a high res 5.1 format.

having Led Zeppelin albums on high res ( either 96/24 or 192/48) would be fantastic.

It would be preferable if they released them on a disc within the box sets ( like The Doors and Pink Floyd did) .

I am also hoping for a 5.1 mix, because this would bring the music to another level of enjoyment. Imagine sitting in a chair, with a high res 5.1 mix of "In The Light" playing around you, the opening drone spinning around your head as the sound travels from speaker to speaker...one can only wish. There has been little detail about the format of the "HD download" , I hope it is an option, or as other members have stated, an option for a future release.

I do not agree with some other posts that High Res Audio is strictly a niche market. Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is the best selling SACD of all time, Led Zeppelin would easily sell a high res 5.1 format.

We're getting hi-res -- 24/96 digital files (24/48 for the Olympia concert).

Thus far, no word on 5.1 remixes -- they're definitely not being included on the box sets, that much is certain, although I wouldn't be surprised if we see some in the future. I don't mind that we aren't getting any, although others have made it seem like the worst tragedy ever...

Just because one SACD sold well (among the SACD buying public) doesn't mean that hi-res music (and especially SACDs) is not a niche market -- at least in North America. According to RIAA statistics for the US, there were less than 100,000 (can't find a definite number) SACDs shipped in 2013, and with retail values of about $1,000,000, as opposed to CDs shipping 172,200,000 and being valued at $2,123,500,000.

splendid ! enjoyed hearing the theremin section clearly here for the first time without getting mixed up with guitar, electronic noises,

conga, flying FX faders & twiddling balance nobs :)

It doesn't say that.

"The deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence and In Through The Out Door have already been assembled, but Page is reluctant to get into details about them. 'I want to surprise people,' he'says. 'That's always been my game plan.' Led Zeppelin IV will likely come out later this year."

Sounds like Rolling Stone is speculating. But if they're "assembled," not sure why he'd not have at least some of those out for the Christmas shopping season. I wish he wouldn't be so coy. I have a budget to consider!

oh yes I`ve pre-ordered my copy`s of the first three albums. that's:

Led Zeppelin I (3lp`s)

ii (2lp`s)

iii (2lp`s)

which I`d save 10% off from H.M.V saving $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Archived