New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Just listened to La La, as it was played by Nicky Horne on the Classic Rock Magazine show. Wow, there's been a lot of talk about the organ intro, but Jimmy's guitar work is amazing on this track.

;)

Hi friends. Anyone familiar with the concept of "nesting" will appreciate that today I've prepped my glorious IKEA-supplied bookshelf in anticipation of the Led Zeppelin super deluxe next week (and others to follow in due course).

A place of honor, to be sure. (Tom Petty's a genius: the waiting IS the hardest part).

Organized a place for mine already:

010b_zpsbff13cbd.jpg

011b_zps56511867.jpg

Nice set up, DL!! Know you are so ready to have that space filled up with precious treasures!!

Indeed my dear. Can't wait.....and thank-you. I still haven't heard the stuff that has been leaked or released, and it is going to be a treat to hear it all at the same time, with fresh ears.

This was the interview that was played on BBC radio 1 Rock Show interview for those who missed it.

https://soundcloud.com/#anon_24/jimmy-page-bbc-radio-1-rock-show-interview-27052014

I can't get that link to work. It brings me to a stream of my own music. However, if I use the same link *without* the hashmark, it works OK. Don't know if that'll be true for anyone else, but just in case: https://soundcloud.com/anon_24/jimmy-page-bbc-radio-1-rock-show-interview-27052014

Indeed my dear. Can't wait.....and thank-you. I still haven't heard the stuff that has been leaked or released, and it is going to be a treat to hear it all at the same time, with fresh ears.

I did listen to the sneak peeks from the listening event, but it will be much different to listen to the full version of all albums. I plan to listen to them first on vinyl, all the way through without skipping any songs. Then will listen to them over and over again for hours!! Think it will be an emotional night for us all...can't wait!! My only regret is that I didn't get any type of special delivery, so I believe I will have my emotional night much later than the rest of you! :(

Nice setup DL! Please don't tell me that's all Led Zeppelin...

I too have cleared a spot in my record shelf.

Haha. No, its not all Led Zeppelin. The top of the open cupboard has about 150 studio LPs, but the Zeppelin collection is also grouped in other cupboards, and in another storage unit (not pictured), based on medium, and whether its bootleg or official. Thanks for the compliment. The room is a work in progress, and I have been puttering at it for a few months now.

I did listen to the sneak peeks from the listening event, but it will be much different to listen to the full version of all albums. I plan to listen to them first on vinyl, all the way through without skipping any songs. Then will listen to them over and over again for hours!! Think it will be an emotional night for us all...can't wait!! My only regret is that I didn't get any type of special delivery, so I believe I will have my emotional night much later than the rest of you! :(

No, I'm in the same boat as you. A year ago when the new Sabbath album was released, I got it about 10 days after everyone else, but I remained committed to not listening to the internet material. When the box finally arrived, we waited for a day off, cracked a bottle of wine, turned off the lights, and fired up the lava lamps. It was a great evening to remember. We'll be doing the same with the new Zeppelin material. Vinyl is the only way to fly. I hope you have a great time.

No, I'm in the same boat as you. A year ago when the new Sabbath album was released, I got it about 10 days after everyone else, but I remained committed to not listening to the internet material. When the box finally arrived, we waited for a day off, cracked a bottle of wine, turned off the lights, and fired up the lava lamps. It was a great evening to remember. We'll be doing the same with the new Zeppelin material. Vinyl is the only way to fly. I hope you have a great time.

Thank you, you too! I don't have a cool lava lamp, but I will dim the lights, and a bottle of wine sounds good! Hope my neighbors like Led Zeppelin!!

I can't resist the temptation to buy the singles and listen to the radio captures, so I've heard about half of each release. It kind of spoils it, but at the same time it leaves me wanting more.

Not sure if I'm going to listen to the digital first or the vinyl. I will be going straight to the companion discs though :P

Archived