New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Global production shortages according to Warner. Nicked this and brought it over here:

"Please be advised that due to global production issues, the below configurations will not make the June 3rd street date. We anticipate receiving stock towards the end of release week or the following week. We will provide an update when available."

Amazon is also saying that there's a delivery delay due to manufacturing delay. I wonder just how many vinyl albums were pressed and how many were ordered.

It seems I might be "lucky," then, seeing as I'm only buying the 2-CD versions and (so far) I haven't seen any mention of delays for them.

The torrent sites are starting to host the remasters. Unfortunate, especially when they haven't been released everywhere yet.

It had to be expected. I was frankly surprised they weren't up sooner...

As excited as we all are about receiving 1.2.3 - it won't be long after we open them that we will be clamoring for 4.HOH.and PG. Madness I say.

Oh I can hardly wait for those already, adding Presance and ITTOD.

My order with Amazon still lists June 3 as the expected delivery date but not shipped as of yet. They'll have to dispatch them soon to get here by Tuesday.

It seems that anyone receiving a deluxe box on Tuesday should have a better chance of a numbered print.

Interesting article here, saying that Apple will be using these new Led Zeppelin rereleases to kick off the sale of high res audio files in their store.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/10/high-definition-itunes-music-downloads/

Old rumour, much less likely now that the remasters are confirmed to be available from other outlets.

Has the file format of the hi-res downloads been confirmed yet? Maybe somebody who has already received their deluxe boxes can verify.

I've seen people say that the page for the hi-res downloads hasn't gone live yet. Would be grateful if anyone can confirm.

I'd guess that they're FLAC files, though.

Interesting article here, saying that Apple will be using these new Led Zeppelin rereleases to kick off the sale of high res audio files in their store.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/10/high-definition-itunes-music-downloads/

Yeah, that was mentioned here in March. I was hoping this link would be real news, not Hutton's shot-in-the-dark claims. He doesn't have much patience for people who doubt him.

As it's only Hutton (and his "unnamed" sources), I won't hold my breath.

I have numerous ways to enjoy HD audio, plus a continuous flow of iTunes gift cards, so I hope this happens, and assume it will eventually. BUT...if it's happening with the Zeppelin remasters, where's the announcement? Waiting until June 2 or 3?

Don't know if anyone invested in super deluxe just for the HD downloads, but if I had and afterwards iTunes came along with HD tracks for $2.29 or whatever, I'd be bummed.

• Administrators

I've seen people say that the page for the hi-res downloads hasn't gone live yet. Would be grateful if anyone can confirm.

I'd guess that they're FLAC files, though.

Download page is working. (Yes, they are FLAC).

Download page is working. (Yes, they are FLAC).

Thanks for the info, Sam.

I recently invested in a Bluesound Vault and Node set-up. The Vault will rip the CD's into lossless FLAC files. It will be interesting to see how the HD downloads will compare.

Idk but maybe retail outlets are being prioritized,. Plenty of stock when the doors open Monday/Tuesday morning. Also I'm thinking are the retail outlets going to have any of the limited numbered sets.

That's what I am counting on and why I never bother with getting things on Amazon/internet. If I have to spend a few bob more going to an actual shop, I don't mind supporting the local brick-and-mortars.

As excited as we all are about receiving 1.2.3 - it won't be long after we open them that we will be clamoring for 4.HOH.and PG. Madness I say.

Speak for yourself. I plan on taking my sweet time and deeply immersing myself in the pleasures of these first three albums for months. The thought of the next batch of releases won't even enter my mind...I'll be having too much fun with Led Zeppelin I, II, and III.

It seems I might be "lucky," then, seeing as I'm only buying the 2-CD versions and (so far) I haven't seen any mention of delays for them.

so am i when my birthday comes along (that's 18 days!) and i go to like Best Buy or something, and oh, by the way, im Michael and i used to be on here from time and time again until several months ago when my mother caught me doing this forum crap, and i might not do as much talking here than usual, so yeah, just to let you (and everyone else here for that matter) know, that's all.

My order with Amazon still lists June 3 as the expected delivery date but not shipped as of yet. They'll have to dispatch them soon to get here by Tuesday.

Me too.

I was hoping to receive a numbered copy by pre-ordering....otherwise I would've gone to my local record store to get it also, Strider.

It's worth mentioning that Jimmy has begun discussing the next set of remasters. So far we know that there's a "fantastic" version of Stairway To Heaven on its way (that comment comes from his interview with The Sun.)

One word for the high-resolution files I've heard samples of, courtesy of a friend: WOW.

I may have to put myself in debt in order to get the Super Deluxe sets. :P

Yeah! I've got the hi-res download website right here and the previews of the remasters are: HOLY CRAP, these sound amazing!! If only I could get one of those Super Deluxe sets, that would make my whole collection right there. :stereo: Anyways, here's the link!

http://www.highresaudio.com/artist.php?abid=212029

I was thinking very seriously of getting the box sets and I know they are nice but they are too expensive & no extra music so I have decided to get the double CDs & 180g vinyl this Monday. I have been looking forward to this for nearly two years & sad but true I have taken the step of upgrading my hifi especially for Led Zep. Theres no beating around the bush you need power to replay the Zep music properly. I bought my friends Vincent Class A Monoblocs off him (Hes got a Krell Amp now )so I get the full power onslaught of Dazed & Confused!!!! I have also purchased a replacement Stylus for my turntable so I can enjoy the vinyl at it's best. I have been reading the Steve Hoffman forum & it's very funny some people have laid down a Dynamic range graph of the 2014 remasters & people have commented without even hearing them yet!!!! Im sure they will sound better because I'm sure Jimmy Page heard the negative comments regarding Mothership (the height of Loudness Wars/Brickwall) & will put this right

What speakers? With the mighty Zep you need to move some air for full aural bliss.

Oooh I'm getting into the anticipation now .. brought the one turntable in my house back down from my son's bedroom .. tried out a few old vinyl albums but the scratches were too much for me...

Now I'm on Lucifer Rising - much safer bet, no scratches and sounding amazing ... can't wait.

Oh the wonderful physicality of it .. very happy indeed and I won't get the box sets for days ( in deference to my son's exam revision .. after which.. wow.. )

What speakers? With the mighty Zep you need to move some air for full aural bliss.

My speakers are B&W 703 which I bought (and sweated over) 11 years ago. My Stereo is Gyrodec turntable, Tecnoarm , Ortofon 2m Red cartridge (underrated ) , Martin Bastin power supply. Cd players Meridian 507 & Denon 1510. Amp Denon PMA 1510 (which I now use as a pre amp) Power Amps Vincent SP 991 plus Monoblocs. It has taken me 30 years to get to a sound that that resembles an aural time machine , very happy with sound.

My speakers are B&W 703 which I bought (and sweated over) 11 years ago. My Stereo is Gyrodec turntable, Tecnoarm , Ortofon 2m Red cartridge (underrated ) , Martin Bastin power supply. Cd players Meridian 507 & Denon 1510. Amp Denon PMA 1510 (which I now use as a pre amp) Power Amps Vincent SP 991 plus Monoblocs. It has taken me 30 years to get to a sound that that resembles an aural time machine , very happy with sound.

Nice, I'm using old Altec 301's with a Polk sub and Denon integrated. Bonzo's drums just sound incredible on my system, can't wait for the remaster. i always thought Led Zep I was the best "sounding" Zep album. The separation, sound stage, and livelyness of that album has always amazed me. I'm salivating for these remasters. Thinking about getting KEF LS50's for a change of pace as their imaging is legendary.

Speaking of great sound, one thing I should have done with these remasters, soon to be delivered to me is upgrade my headphones. Anyone have any suggestions of which ones to invest in? My old ones are a pair of Phillips. Anyone with ideas of really good ones could suggest those for $100 and under and over $100. Be specific with model numbers, whenever possible Perhaps, there's still time to tack it on to my Amazon order before it ships with my box sets!

Archived