New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Videotape is only as good as the source tape. It won't really matter if it is on blu ray or not, it's not like you can scan it to increase the resolution. The advantage to having DVD on blu ray would be that it would all be able to fit on one disc.

In order to properly produce a blu ray of DVD, wouldn't everything have to be rescanned/transferred using today's technology including audio?

Utter bullshit. Videotaped material still looks better on Blu-ray (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression vs. obsolete MPEG-2). Don't forget about lossless audio such as DTS-HD MA 5.1.

Older formats such as VHS and 8mm had only 240 lines of resolution. They wont look any better put on Blu-Ray.

Robert and John Paul were involved in TSRTS re-release and we all know how that went.

That's the problem - it actually seems like they were all peripherally involved in the 2003 and 2007 releases. These new sets appear to have Page's direct involvement.

...Okay, having just heard the "Mastered for iTunes" In Through the Out Door: If this is anywhere close to the (re)mastering we'll get when Jimmy puts these sets out...the haters might be won over. It sounds crystal clear and effing brilliant.

Good news. I can't wait to hear a clearer version of this album.

Just wondering if any of us would like to venture a guess as to how much one of these boxed sets might cost? I know it's hard to estimate at this point, but do you think this will be in the $30-$40 range, or more like the Pink Floyd Immersion/Neil Young Archives, and go for $100 or so?

They'll always be my favorite, but might have to pick and choose which boxed sets to get if they are pricey. Right now, (Untitled), HOTH, and Physical Graffiti would be my top choices - followed closely by III!

I've bought the catalog in two formats so far - just a little leery on doing it again!

Just curious, does anyone know why exactly RAH hasn't been given the Blu-Ray treatment? I mean, it was shot on 35mm film, so it can be remastered for 1080p I'm sure. Here is my idea for the packaging:

One disc. The you get the main concert, then extra footage like the Organ Solo, Heartbreaker fragment and backstage footage, all clear and not in the menus. I say this because the current footage of those on the 2003 DVD have the annoying DVD menu stuff blocking some of the footage, and they can put it on extra on the Blu-Ray and have it remastered and without blocking anything.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

$68.49 standard

$84.97 w/digital copy and BRay audio under photo and video clips

Just wondering if any of us would like to venture a guess as to how much one of these boxed sets might cost? I know it's hard to estimate at this point, but do you think this will be in the $30-$40 range

I hope that's the cost for all 9 albums....

Pink Floyd are selling their expanded albums for about $20 (I think). I would be ok with paying that much, although there would be a few I would hold off on. I don't know if Page and company can find enough filler to justify 9, $60 boxsets.

I hope that's the cost for all 9 albums....

Pink Floyd are selling their expanded albums for about $20 (I think). I would be ok with paying that much, although there would be a few I would hold off on. I don't know if Page and company can find enough filler to justify 9, $60 boxsets.

Have faith! :P

Just curious, does anyone know why exactly RAH hasn't been given the Blu-Ray treatment? I mean, it was shot on 35mm film, so it can be remastered for 1080p I'm sure. Here is my idea for the packaging:

One disc. The you get the main concert, then extra footage like the Organ Solo, Heartbreaker fragment and backstage footage, all clear and not in the menus. I say this because the current footage of those on the 2003 DVD have the annoying DVD menu stuff blocking some of the footage, and they can put it on extra on the Blu-Ray and have it remastered and without blocking anything.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

I'd love having the RAH concert on Blu-ray, but it was shot on 16mm, not 35.

Are you sure?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pink+floyd+immersion

I'd love having the RAH concert on Blu-ray, but it was shot on 16mm, not 35.

I don't know for sure, but if the film grade was high enough I think it'd still be an upgrade having it put onto blu-ray, but I don't know. If it wont get much better than the DVD quality, then forget the blu-ray. I'll have to do some more research. I haven't even found a reliable source stating the type of film RAH was shot on. Not saying you're wrong in it being 16mm but I want to find a good source before.

If the remasters are going to be something like Floyd's Experience Editions that's fine but I'm really looking forward to something like the Immersion Editions.

Ditto. The hints and stammerings have made it sound more expansive than PF's Experience sets.

Archived