New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

My thoughts exactly!

Same with me! Led Zepp III inverted look amazing IMO, but that's because of all of the different colors and everything. I thought that maybe they would adjust some colors and stuff for the negative of HOTH like they did for II, which I liked-but all of the blue on the negative looks slightly odd to me

I couldn't agree with you more, that's what my main focus on these remasters are. Just everything about these remastered albums sound sonically 10 times better

Dying to hear the HD audio, especially Levee, Rain Song, OTHAFA.

I no longer care. The level of ambition regarding the content of this remaster series is just not there to merit any of my continued enthusiasm. For many this whole proposition has actually become nothing more than approx $125.00 x 9 = $1,125 for recordings many of us already own.

Why don't you just buy the deluxe vinyls and/or cds?

Question to anyone. I wanted to order or pre order the new remastered Led Zeppelin IV. I went to the site and the CD's pop up but give you the Amazon link. So do you pretty much have to pre order with Amazon rather than this site? I would prefer to give the business to this site but if it matters not do let me know? I do not have anything to play vinyl on any more. So I just want the CD and only want IV for now as I pretty much have the entire collection of Zeppelin but would like the remastered version of IV.

I pre ordered them both and can't wait! But I am getting even more excited for PG and Presance. Those are the 2 that I want the most and Steve, I must have cought the illness because I want the super deluxe sets of them all and plan to get them too. :D

I pre ordered them both and can't wait! But I am getting even more excited for PG and Presance. Those are the 2 that I want the most and Steve, I must have caught the illness because I want the super deluxe sets of them all and plan to get them too. :D

Sounds like we're both sick enough to collect the Japanese editions of these remasters as well!

178_zpsab868a8b.jpg

Tower Records in Shinjuku (Tokyo) Japan // Photo Credit: Steve A. Jones

176_zpsce4ca78f.jpg

177_zps3d90ee0e.jpg

I'm thrilled with these releases and surprised with those are disappointed. I just don't think LZ had a stock of nearly finished songs that didn't make the albums. And really wonder how many concerts had been professionally recorded. Its obvious not much was ever filmed .

Question to anyone. I wanted to order or pre order the new remastered Led Zeppelin IV. I went to the site and the CD's pop up but give you the Amazon link. So do you pretty much have to pre order with Amazon rather than this site? I would prefer to give the business to this site but if it matters not do let me know? I do not have anything to play vinyl on any more. So I just want the CD and only want IV for now as I pretty much have the entire collection of Zeppelin but would like the remastered version of IV.

Yes Rick, this site sells the pre-orders through Amazon. You will get the lowest price from now until the release, as soon as you place your order. I saved about $60 for the first three SD boxes.

I'm dying to blast Levee through my headphones and feel Bonzo's drums

+1

I've been waiting for that too since I first listened to "Bathroom Sound" on the LZ III companion disc! LOVE the way the drums have sounded!!!

:thumbsup:

To those who are enjoying the sound quality of the Davis remasters: Now you know what I've been trying to tell you all for two years. :P

Something I noticed earlier: As with the first three remastered albums, when you pre-order the deluxe editions on iTunes, there are certain tracks with their times listed that will be released as "singles" before the full album releases in October. As with the first three albums, we're going to get three tracks -- two from IV (alternate mixes of "Black Dog" and "Rock and Roll") and one from Houses (alternate mix of "The Rain Song"). Seems they skipped over the instrumental "The Song Remains the Same" (possibly still titled "Overture" at that point) in favour of a track with Plant's vocals.

I guess there will be no more live takes for these new editions. :(

That has been confirmed for a while.

I no longer care. The level of ambition regarding the content of this remaster series is just not there to merit any of my continued enthusiasm. For many this whole proposition has actually become nothing more than approx $125.00 x 9 = $1,125 for recordings many of us already own.

Steve, out of the 25 tracks that have been released so far, at least 15 are unique and have been unbootlegged -- the others (including the Olympia concert) are all at least sonic upgrades.

Here's what's on the companion discs

Led Zeppelin IV (Companion Audio)

1. "Black Dog," Basic Track With Guitar Overdubs
2. "Rock and Roll," Alternate Mix
3. "The Battle of Evermore," Mandolin/Guitar Mix From Headley Grange
4. "Stairway to Heaven," Sunset Sound Mix
5. "Misty Mountain Hop," Alternate Mix
6. "Four Sticks," Alternate Mix
7. "Going to California," Mandolin/Guitar Mix
8. "When the Levee Breaks," Alternate U.K. Mix

Houses of the Holy (Companion Audio)

1. "The Song Remains The Same," Guitar Overdub Reference Mix
2. "The Rain Song," Mix Minus Piano
3. "Over the Hills And Far Away," Guitar Mix Backing Track
4. "The Crunge," Rough Mix - Keys Up
5. "Dancing Days," Rough Mix With Vocal
6. "No Quarter," Rough Mix With JPJ Keyboard Overdubs - No Vocal
7. "The Ocean," Working Mix

Steve, out of the 25 tracks that have been released so far, at least 15 are unique and have been unbootlegged -- the others (including the Olympia concert) are all at least sonic upgrades.

...And at least 11 (out of 15) of the "companion" tracks for the next two releases are unbootlegged.

24 feb 2015 for PG? 40th birthday n all that? Could be a one album release as its a double album

I raised that anniversary here before...It's possible...check this timeline:

March announcement--> 2 1/2 months later, release of 1st batch.

July announcement (4 months after 1st announcement)--> 3 months later, release of 2nd batch

November(??) (4 months after 2nd announcement)-->3 months later (February), release of 3rd batch.

We'll see if that logic holds.

edited: Two super deluxe box sets instead of three at a time is less of a strain on my budget. Plenty of time to save though to either get them at my local record store and maybe get goodies like Walter said or get them the cheapest online. I like goodies though...

Archived