New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I don't understand why some people complain how much these releases cost? I'm not made of money so I simply purchased the 2 disc CDs for a total of $40 (I,II,III).. Not sure where you come from but $40 isn't expensive for 6 CDs we will listen to for years to come! The way I see it, is you pay $9 for a fresh remastered copy + 4 for the companion disc.. Sounds pretty dang good to me! Anyway, I'm hoping Rain Song take will be awesome as well as the remastered original! Will I finally hear the phone ring in The Ocean everyone says is in there?? My ears are usually ringing after a couple of seconds from how loud I play that one haha! Love the negative side of HOTH, it was everything I hoped for in the album art.

Personally I would love to own each and every deluxe version because to me, these seem to be of heirloom quality. The entire set will be a treasure for those who have them and want to pass them on to the next generation. I'm not saying that these albums will never be released again but I do not think they will ever be released in such a grandiose fashion. I wish I had the 140 for each of them.

BTW if you cannot hear what sounds like a phone ringing in The Ocean you could have some hearing loss. While fairly buried in the mix you don't need dog ears to hear it.

BTW if you cannot hear what sounds like a phone ringing in The Ocean you could have some hearing loss. While fairly buried in the mix you don't need dog ears to hear it.

"At approximately 1:37–1:38 into the song and again at around 1:41, a telephone can be faintly heard ringing in the background."

Personally I would love to own each and every deluxe version because to me, these seem to be of heirloom quality. The entire set will be a treasure for those who have them and want to pass them on to the next generation. I'm not saying that these albums will never be released again but I do not think they will ever be released in such a grandiose fashion. I wish I had the 140 for each of them.

i can't understand how someone couldnt hear the phone ringing in the ocean. it's not buried in the mix or anything and its audible on speakers though more particulalry on headphones.

Hi there people, first time posting here.

I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying the sdbs of Zep I & Zep III. I'm purchasing the sdbs of Zep II in about a week from now. No cash left until then.

I have numbered art work which is nice and so far I have only listened to the 24bit HD Audio on my pc for both the remastered albums and the companion audio which is imo fantastic. I can feel and hear lots of things I have never felt or heard before and that alone is worth every cent I spent on these box sets.

The music really breathes more than ever. The books are also great and I will keep the records safely in the box as I have not got a turntable.

I stashed the cd's back into the boxes after copying them to my hard drive as (image files) and also converted them to flac files as well for my portable player. Just for personal use ofcourse!

I will purchase every sdbs for sure even though it will leave me with not much bread in the basket.

Great job, and thank you JP and crew for these remasters and extras.

Hi there people, first time posting here.

I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying the sdbs of Zep I & Zep III. I'm purchasing the sdbs of Zep II in about a week from now. No cash left until then.

I have numbered art work which is nice and so far I have only listened to the 24bit HD Audio on my pc for both the remastered albums and the companion audio which is imo fantastic. I can feel and hear lots of things I have never felt or heard before and that alone is worth every cent I spent on these box sets.

The music really breathes more than ever. The books are also great and I will keep the records safely in the box as I have not got a turntable.

I stashed the cd's back into the boxes after copying them to my hard drive as (image files) and also converted them to flac files as well for my portable player. Just for personal use ofcourse!

I will purchase every sdbs for sure even though it will leave me with not much bread in the basket.

Great job, and thank you JP and crew for these remasters and extras.

I concur !! These releases are golden to any serious Zeppelin fan, and I cannot wait for the rest. Coda sure could be interesting !! I ordered the box sets and the deluxe cd's for all three and I couldn't be happier !!! The picture book that comes with each box set is amazing.....so many stunning pictures. PG box set pics should be pretty cool. I'm certainly no millionaire (barely a thousandaire lol) but even if the box sets were $500 a piece i would have found a way to own them, like I did for the Page book from Genesis publication a few years back. This is MY band and I am proud of the job Page has done.....bring on the rest !!!!

I concur !! These releases are golden to any serious Zeppelin fan, and I cannot wait for the rest. Coda sure could be interesting !! I ordered the box sets and the deluxe cd's for all three and I couldn't be happier !!! The picture book that comes with each box set is amazing.....so many stunning pictures. PG box set pics should be pretty cool. I'm certainly no millionaire (barely a thousandaire lol) but even if the box sets were $500 a piece i would have found a way to own them, like I did for the Page book from Genesis publication a few years back. This is MY band and I am proud of the job Page has done.....bring on the rest !!!!

ohjimmy, I also would have found some way of buying these no matter what because, 'well they move me and these remasters move me more'.

I'm going to have to check out the Page book from Genesis publication that you have mentioned. :)

I agree ohjimmy, I think Physical Graffiti is gonna be a beast! Just thinking about new mixes/takes of IMTOD, Kashmir, Trampled, TYG is very tantalizing! I hope we also get a cleaned up version of this:

Sathington Willoughby, I'm tempted to listen to your youtube link but trying to hold off. Hmmm, not sure I will be able to for much longer though. :)

Yea that's one's been around for a long time. Hopefully Jimmy cleans it up and gives it an official release like he did with Jennings Farm Blues. Here's one of the other takes juxtiphi mentioned with piano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAhibzKEmeY

@azad-The Jimmy book comes out October 14. (The non-limited edition mass printing)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1905662327/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=HTVGYLLRPGHT&coliid=I2D45FUGIGQW7G

Yea that's one's been around for a long time. Hopefully Jimmy cleans it up and gives it an official release like he did with Jennings Farm Blues. Here's one of the other takes juxtiphi mentioned with piano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAhibzKEmeY

@azad-The Jimmy book comes out October 14.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1905662327/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=HTVGYLLRPGHT&coliid=I2D45FUGIGQW7G

Gotta run now, but want to thank you all for a wealth of knowledge on Zepp. I have learnt a lot and have lot's more to learn. Thanks for the heads up Sathington Willoughby regarding the JP book. I will look into that as well. Cheers

Never picked up on the phone call - lol

But always noticed the taped over voice tracks from Plant on LZ1

I did in fact hear the weird vocal background noises. Very weird and eerie though!

We got that in 2007.

We got a heavily fucked around with version of TSRTS, bearing no relation to the original. My ideal edition would be:

CD 1:
Rock and Roll
Celebration Day
The Song Remains The Same
The Rain Song
Dazed and Confused
CD 2:
No Quarter
Stairway To Heaven
Moby Dick
Whole Lotta Love
CD 3:
Rock and Roll
Alternate Version
Celebration Day
Alternate Version
Black Dog
Not on original release
Over The Hills And Far Away
Not on original release
Misty Mountain Hop
Not on original release
Since I've Been Loving You
Not on original release
Moby Dick
Unedited version
Heartbreaker
Not on original release
The Ocean
Not on original release

We got a heavily fucked around with version of TSRTS, bearing no relation to the original. My ideal edition would be:

CD 1:
Rock and Roll
Celebration Day
The Song Remains The Same
The Rain Song
Dazed and Confused
CD 2:
No Quarter
Stairway To Heaven
Moby Dick
Whole Lotta Love
CD 3:
Rock and Roll
Alternate Version
Celebration Day
Alternate Version
Black Dog
Not on original release
Over The Hills And Far Away
Not on original release
Misty Mountain Hop
Not on original release
Since I've Been Loving You
Not on original release
Moby Dick
Unedited version
Heartbreaker
Not on original release
The Ocean
Not on original release

Even if Jimmy for some reason re-released TSRTS, I don't see him doing it in the fashion that he's doing the studio remasters at the moment (i.e. remastered disc, and companion disc of alternate/unreleased stuff). I would picture Jimmy either re-editing the album and still giving us a patched album OR just finally releasing a full show from one of the nights (or combining the shows like HTWWW). Giving songs on the "companion live disc" names like "unedited," "alternate version," and "not on original release" would just confuse things and put multiple versions of the same live song out there. Just my opinion on your comment sir, and of course I could be wrong.

Archived