New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

No More Live Stuff is bullshit.....i hate that....there's a wealth of amazing soundboards Jimmy could polish and edit however the fuck he wants...jUST AS LONG AS WE GET THEM.....like Dallas 1975? the Millard family would definitely let him do all of Listen To This Eddie....at least those Japan tapes....like what the hell? ive heard about ten different stories about those Japan 1971 tapes...they wiped them is one, they hated the performances is another....whats the definite truth? by the way Zephead, HOW THE EAST WAS WON would be something i would wait outside in the freezing winter for three days just to buy...especially if it was both Osaka nights

There are live releases of 71-72-73. I can't see Jimmy doing another live 71 show even though......"How the East was won-Japan live" discs would be incredible. I see another live release in 2-3 years. Maybe a combo of shows from 77 edited down and eliminating a few songs played live for that tour. The edit would be a tough go because of Page's "hit and miss" playing from that tour. This is all just hopeful guessing.

Cheers

Wonder if he has anything for Coda, hahaha. I understand him focusing on the studio more, us fans have seen the numerous bootlegs so we know the capability of the band live, but the studio stuff is a bit more ominous. When I heard La La, that was a surprise considering how "poppy" it sounded, at least to me. So if Page has more things like that tucked away for Houses and Physical then I welcome it, well not necessarily "unreleased songs", but surprises in general.

The way forward for the multi-tracked live material that remains in the can has got to be to release them as download-only via HD Tracks. There would presumably be limited additional mastering required to make the full Southampton, Earls Court and Knebworth concerts available in digital download form. Removing physical production (optical discs, packaging, distribution etc) would make the business case for doing so far more palatable. There wouldn't even be any need to edit the concerts to fit on a particular number of discs etc. There is now a kind of precedent for this with the HD digital download cards included in the new super-deluxe box sets. Come on Jimmy, do it for the fans!

The way forward for the multi-tracked live material that remains in the can has got to be to release them as download-only via HD Tracks. There would presumably be limited additional mastering required to make the full Southampton, Earls Court and Knebworth concerts available in digital download form. Removing physical production (optical discs, packaging, distribution etc) would make the business case for doing so far more palatable. There wouldn't even be any need to edit the concerts to fit on a particular number of discs etc. There is now a kind of precedent for this with the HD digital download cards included in the new super-deluxe box sets. Come on Jimmy, do it for the fans!

You're making an assumption there that the edits are made to make the concerts fit the medium, when that does not always (if ever) appear to be the case. ;)

NO STAIRWAY?????????? And also why two from IV and one from, HOTH? How do you know this?

Just remembered/realized something: We're clearly going to hear more tracks from the next two remasters before they're released. Prior to the release of the first three, there were a couple tracks (particularly "La La") that circulated via BBC and other music-outlet streams. I'd be very surprised if "Stairway" wasn't one of the tracks that we were able to listen to in a similar fashion.

Does anyone know why the next two albums are so differently priced more importantly why HOTH is so expensive?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M889YQI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

£45 for the baisc CD set?

Maybe that's a fake page or a scammer or something? Here is the proper link, although it is still more expensive than in the US. ($16.99)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Houses-The-Holy-Deluxe-Remastered/dp/B00M30V1YO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_h__2/279-7318927-2766954?ie=UTF8&refRID=17J4N1K9ZK5KV6T8EEHY

Yeah, I've been thinking of posting about Amazon's pricing, especially of the SDBS. They don't seem to want to be the low price leader on these, which surprises me. With the first three, they got as low as $114 I believe and after release bumped up to $118 where the next two currently stand. Maybe they'll drop a little before release...but I don't know that I'd count on it.

The companion version of "Black Dog" is available for British fans to listen to over at The Guardian.

Nice, like the way Planty's vocals are mixed here, this release really is something to look forward to. Now let's have a HOTH preview sample. Come on October.....

edit...no guitar solo on this btw.

The companion version of "Black Dog" is available for British fans to listen to over at The Guardian.

Thanks for this. Had to use the Hola Blocker Firefox extension to use a UK Proxy because it wouldn't let me listen to it since I'm from Australia.

Sounds very cool, I loved the outro in this version. Plants vocals are so much more prominent.

No More Live Stuff is bullshit.....i hate that....there's a wealth of amazing soundboards Jimmy could polish and edit however the fuck he wants...jUST AS LONG AS WE GET THEM....

Do you think Bach heard stuff like this? Picasso? WE WANT MORE DAMMIT and we don't care what you, the artist, want to create.

eh, not impressed with the alternate take on black dog......

mostly with the alt takes, it bothers me that the rhythm tracks are typically the same, with teh guitar and vox being different. Guess that's all they have, but it doesn't serve much value for me to have black dog with no guitar solo, the same rhythm section track, fewer guitars, and some random extra wailing out of plant...

hey if that's all they've got, it's all they've got, that's life. hoping stairway's solo is something radically new....

mostly with the alt takes, it bothers me that the rhythm tracks are typically the same, with teh guitar and vox being different. Guess that's all they have, but it doesn't serve much value for me to have black dog with no guitar solo, the same rhythm section track, fewer guitars, and some random extra wailing out of plant...

hey if that's all they've got, it's all they've got, that's life. hoping stairway's solo is something radically new....

Sometime less is more. I think that's the point. Personally I very much enjoy listening to some of the stripped down versions of the songs.

I'm leaning in this direction. The alt versions with II and III were different enough to be interesting. This take may grow on me...but it hasn't blown even one of my socks off yet.

Personally I was kind of disappointed with the extras on LZ I, II, & III which were released this summer. I feel it was a missed opportunity. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun listen, and there was some great stuff on their, but mostly just alternate takes with vocals removed. Classic Rock Magazine had this whole list of things which might be on it when they were annouced back in 2013 (St. Tristan's Sword, etc). Couldn't find it here in this long post, but what would everyone's ideal extra's for the boxsets that could have beeb? Here's mine:

LZ I: Remastered album+, Paris Show is good, but the sound quality is a bit distant. I would have gone with TEXAS POP FESTIVAL 1969, the band was on fire this day. Perhaps Milwaukee 1969

LZ II: Remastered album+, I would have put in ROYAL ALBERT HALL 1970, I know it was released on the DVD back in early 2000's but how about an audio CD version, how about a cleaned up Bath Festival full concert, or Memphis 1970

LZ III: Remastered album+, I would have put in snipets from various versions of the songs from their playing in 1970 and 1971. The rare live version of Gallows Pole from Denmark, Out on the Tiles from Blueberry Hill, SIBLY from Switerland or Osaka 1971, Celebration Day from Orlando 1971, Weekend from 1971 LA Forum,

LZ IV: Remastered album+ , Full Sunset Sound mix of the album, Full Orlando 1971, Virginia or Berkeley 1971 concerts,

LZ Houses of the Holy Remastered Album + 1973 New Orleans full concert, or Rhode Island Full concert, or for that matter Southampton 1973.

LZ Physical Graffiti Remastered Album + Alternate take of In the Light, + Live in Earl's Court 1975 4th and 5th nights (film and CD versions)+ LA Forum 1975

LZ Presense Remastered + Badgeholders LA Forum 1977, + Cleveland 1977 + Listen to this Eddie 1977 full concert + Full Seattle Concert 1977 (film and CD versions) I realize JP hates this concert...

LZ In Through the Out Door Remastered + Knebworth both nights 1979 (film & DVD versions) + Copenhagen both nights

LZ Coda Remastered + Live at Berlin 1980, Live at Frankfurt 1980 + Tribute to Johnny Kid full album

Just my two cents, and I realize some of my sources aren't ideal but then it's more about hearing the band on fire then hearing a perfect audio recording. Also, I realized some of these versions would probably cost $200 but then can you seriously tell me you wouldn't rather have live concerts with notes from the band, then another booklet of ticket stub reprints and photos?

Archived