New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Shipping would be a factor. Amazon Prime members would only pay the $118 - would there be shipping/handling on top of these prices Importscds and Bull Moose? I have never used them but I know that often the S/H would bring the price up to or over Amazon's. (The $99/year fee for the Prime membership would have to be factored in but for some of us <grin> that fee is more than outweighed by not having to cough up for shipping over a year's time).

I ordered the Wish You Were Here Immersion set from ImportCDs in August. Shipping and "processing" was $4.99...but it took more than a week as they ship media mail.

Don't forget, anyone can get free shipping from Amazon (orders of $35) but they really take their time. The order of the HOTH SDBS I just cancelled was going to come that way and I probably wouldn't have seen it until Nov. 7th...which happens to be my birthday, but that's a long wait!

The first three sets on Importcds sold for $89 and came up to about $100 per set - shipped w/tax. Amazon was still selling at $118 or $112(?) pre-tax.

It's up to you who you want to buy from though. I figured I'd save the extra money and get them a little later (delivered 4 or 5 days after release.)

Perhaps, tomorrow? Every two weeks and I think most of these being released on Thursdays perhaps?

Hard to say -- surely it would already be available in the UK/Europe, and it isn't...although the last one did drop randomly in the middle of the day/night.

Sound quality is what we're discussing, just in a slightly more technical way. :P

So...............current prices of the super deluxe boxsets:

Importscds: $95

Bull Moose: $106

Amazon: $118

Still have mine on pre-order at Amazon, along with JP's book

Just an FYI while people are discussing price....the Super Deluxe of Led Zeppelin IV is now $104.88. Which to me is a great price to get 'locked-in' for a pre-order.

Just an FYI while people are discussing price....the Super Deluxe of Led Zeppelin IV is now $104.88. Which to me is a great price to get 'locked-in' for a pre-order.

That's the lowest price Amazon has offered for any of the SDBS so far. Now: how long will it hold there and will HOTH follow?

Maybe Amazon is trying to be a little more competitive.

attachicon.gif20140927_130706.jpgMojo. issue 252 Nov 2014.

First review of the latest releases.....no idea why the pic is sideways view, sorry'bout that.

I think that's the most vague review I've ever read...there's absolutely nothing said of any substance -- no discussion of the alternate mixes, just bland rehashing of the albums' legacies! Thanks for posting -- saved me a nickel or two.

By far the most detailed remaster so far. Jonesy's bass is so much more prominent. I've never heard it like that before. Bonzo's drums are also a lot more louder and his snare is much snappier.

Absolutely insane stuff!

I've found a couple of links that might work in the States -- a little unsure. Of course, being a Canadian, I'm unable to hear the tracks. :

Radio.com might work, though it's going through the (French?) website Pitchfork.

For an alternate mix without piano...I'm pretty sure I'm hearing piano. Either I'm missing the differences or this is a bogus link (using the old classic we all know and love).

Archived