New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Not really D'yer Maker's fault that it gets played too much on the radio. There's plenty to like about it, like Bonzo's drum fills and actually one of my favorite Jimmy solos, nice expressive, melodic string bends!

I always assumed one of the band members had become enamored with reggae and D'yer Maker was the result.

The "different mix" for Rock and Roll from the RS website makes me very happy I didn't preorder these.

I hope others find them worthwhile, but if that's what the changes are, it's not very impressive for the cash outlay required.

Your loss. The 2 CD releases are a bargain at £12.99, What's the $ price ? $15 maybe. Loose change.

I always assumed one of the band members had become enamored with reggae and D'yer Maker was the result.

I believe it was because they had vacationed in the Caribbean during a tour break around the time they recorded HoH. With that said, I remember reading they used to play The Wailers' albums at their hotel rooms during their tours, full blast!

I believe it was because they had vacationed in the Caribbean during a tour break around the time they recorded HoH. With that said, I remember reading they used to play The Wailers' albums at their hotel rooms during their tours, full blast!

There's that photo I think in the Neil Preston Portraits book that shows Page at the Drake in Chicago & The Wailers lp can clearly be seen in the shot. I don't like Regge - I love it :peace:

Interesting opinions about HOTH! One of my favorite Zep albums, but PG will always be their "Holy Grail" to me for lack of a better description! Jimmy said he escalated Robert's vocals to a higher pitch for some reason....not sure of why he did this, but someone here might know??

When Robert spoke to the crowd at Long Beach in 72 introducing DD, he said "It's like a summery album." Perhaps, Jimmy's direction has something to do with the above and RP's vocals?

As someone said here earlier, they are not too fond of DM and TC from Houses....those are my two least favorites from HOTH, but like TC but it's just DM with radio overkill! You never hear No Quarter as it's one of Led Zeppelin's best moments certainly! But, more from the live versions of this, rather than the studio version(latter is still great as well). All good as long as you play the original live version of NQ before the remastered version (edited) of NQ from TSRTS in 2007! Why this happened, I can't explain and this should never have been done! It was so great as it was for us hardcore fans!

Jimmy, should think in the future, before he has things done like this in the future! I know his idea for these releases is for the mass market, but it's the core fans that know what state and/construction these songs should be in with their release on any given release. In other words....as my mother used to say..."leave well enough alone!" :bravo:

With LOVE for every single Zep album. I don't feel for me, personally, the bonus stuff is worth even 3-5 dollars more ... if Pg has 2 thats about 50 dollars on all better spent elsewhere but glad we have that choice The people that want them can get them and i can just get my 9 dollar remaster. I think when the 90 box came out Page was pretty dead on about there not being anymore really worthy of release....

No Quarter's alternate mix gave me heavy chills. HotH's companion audio is proving really really cool.

Awesome. I think I will be getting very similar chills to you 'Justanothercrow123'.... :)

Amazon have screwed up my auto rips again, no second disc. Not best pleased.

That sux Mook.

When I get my box sets I would be happy to rip them for ya mate but that wont be for another week or so.

Is the amazon auto rip MP3 format?

getting ahead here but as the past 5 albums have the companion as a like for like track listing, are we expecting 4 records for PG?!?!?! whats the markup on those i wonder, probably why we think it'll be a stand alone release!

I believe the (perhaps unofficial) word here is that PG will have just one bonus disc. That's a bit of a bummer.

But...if it does have two bonus discs, the SDBS of the first album, with an extra vinyl, did not have a premium.

Archived