New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I went to a best buy monday night and they didnt have the cds. It looks like they are down to 3 aisles of discs at this point. Its a bizarre catalogue of cds, with a section of metal selections by nikki six. I think they are going to continue scaling down and only offer new releases, thats what it looks like. At the front of the store, they had a big display for new releases of all video games and dvds.

There are literally only a few regular privately owned record stores around locally. But i may mapquest one a half hour from here, dont want to go back to best buy.

Really? That sucks dude. I got mine at Best Buy, although it did take me a minute to find them. The deluxe cd's were in a separate aisle from the single remasters for some reason. :wtf:

Really? That sucks dude. I got mine at Best Buy, although it did take me a minute to find them. The deluxe cd's were in a separate aisle from the single remasters for some reason. :wtf:

Best Buy has a really screwed up way of setting those up. When I went to get IV and HOTH, I only found the single remastered CDs when I knew Best Buy had the Deluxe in stock. I had to ask three guys and they ended up finding them in the sale section hiding behind Queen. They really need to organize how they set those up.... :ahhh:

Listened to the 2 Houses discs last night - they sound awesome! Enjoying the companion disc, especially TSRTS, Rain Song, No Quarter, and The Ocean! :stereo:

Haven't had a chance to look at the book as of yet...

Best Buy has a really screwed up way of setting those up. When I went to get IV and HOTH, I only found the single remastered CDs when I knew Best Buy had the Deluxe in stock. I had to ask three guys and they ended up finding them in the sale section hiding behind Queen. They really need to organize how they set those up.... :ahhh:

haha weird right? I remember the first batch had a whole endcap display thing, I was in and out.

I got all 5 of my deluxe CDs (original with companion) at Walmart on the days they were released. I always thought Walmart was the last go to place for CDs, but they have proved me very wrong by having just about every Zep album I've looked for, TSRTS being the only one they didn't. I went there Monday doubting they were there a day early and sure enough I seen IV and HOTH singles then all the way behind were the 2 disc deluxe copies! Buying the first 3 took me about 8 seconds to find them the latest 2 took me about 15 seconds to find haha. I would definitely recommend it for anyone else looking for the place to get either the single or the deluxe copies on the day of release, I have the slightest clue if they carry the box sets in stores or not they might lock them up.

Sorry for this being my first post, but I have a question for the UK based members.

I have just received a replacement copy of the super deluxe edition of IV from Amazon UK and neither version have been one of the 30,000 uniquely serial numbered versions, despite pre-ordering IV and HOTH at the same time. I'm pretty disappointed with this as my copies of I, II, III and HOTH are all the serial numbered copies, and I intend to get them all as they are eventually released as the serial numbered versions.

Does anyone know of any shops that are either based in the UK and deliver or ship to the UK that have a guaranteed numbered copy available which deliver? I've seen a couple of people complaining that the Amazon UK stock do not seem to have any numbered versions.

Thanks,

Tony.

I got all 5 of my deluxe CDs (original with companion) at Walmart on the days they were released. I always thought Walmart was the last go to place for CDs, but they have proved me very wrong by having just about every Zep album I've looked for, TSRTS being the only one they didn't. I went there Monday doubting they were there a day early and sure enough I seen IV and HOTH singles then all the way behind were the 2 disc deluxe copies! Buying the first 3 took me about 8 seconds to find them the latest 2 took me about 15 seconds to find haha. I would definitely recommend it for anyone else looking for the place to get either the single or the deluxe copies on the day of release, I have the slightest clue if they carry the box sets in stores or not they might lock them up.

Damn I thought about going to Walmart too, there's one like 5 minutes from my house, but I had my doubts about them too. Ended up making the nearly half hour drive to Best Buy. I bet they were cheaper at Walmart too.

I found them yesterday, with a point in the right direction from a best buy person. They changed their setup, from what it was. There is a main new release display in front of store, w video games an dvds, the music cds were on the outside facing ends of that display. Im not used to asking for help finding any records at record stores haha. In the led zep catalogue section, was one lone mothership and a zep2 new remaster, at the best buy. I didnt have time to find a regular privately owned, record store yesterday.

First song i listened to was, when the levee breaks on comp cd, the instrumentals are all like different songs. What a great idea to reflect on the albums w the companion recordings. They have a round and less produced sound.

Okay....since Physical Graffiti will likely be out Feb. 24th....who wants to take bets on when it will be announced ? November maybe ?

If it is February and the pattern of announcement and release holds, I'd expect to hear something right around Thanksgiving. It would be something to be thankful for!

Are people expecting PG to be released alone? Presence maybe a couple months later? PG in Feb, Presence in April, ITTOD and Coda in June?

• Administrators

HMV Canada's top 10 CDs, based on national sales for the week ending Nov. 1.

CDs

1 1989 _ Taylor Swift

2 .5: The Gray Chapter _ Slipknot

3 Led Zeppelin IV (Deluxe Edition) _ Led Zeppelin

4 Houses of the Holy (Deluxe Edition) _ Led Zeppelin

5 Partners _ Barbra Streisand

6 rose ave. _ You+Me

7 Nostalgia _ Annie Lennox

8 Black Veil Brides _ Black Veil Brides

9 Anything Goes _ Florida Georgia Line

10 747 _ Lady Antebellum

--------------------------------

Led Zeppelin reissues enter UK charts

The latest album reissues from Led Zeppelin have entered the UK charts just three days following their release on Monday. The Official Charts Company reports the expanded version of 1971’s “Led Zeppelin IV” landed at No. 4 in the midweek ranking, while 1973’s “Houses Of The Holy” enters at No. 7. The full weekly chart will be published on Sunday.

1 1989 TAYLOR SWIFT

2 X ED SHEERAN

3 IN THE LONELY HOUR SAM SMITH

4 FOUR SYMBOLS LED ZEPPELIN

5 I FORGET WHERE WE WERE BEN HOWARD

6 NOSTALGIA ANNIE LENNOX

7 HOUSES OF THE HOLY LED ZEPPELIN

8 WANTED ON VOYAGE GEORGE EZRA

9 MELODY ROAD NEIL DIAMOND

10 CHAPTER ONE ELLA HENDERSON

Released in November 1971, the album — which is officially untitled but is generally referred to as “Led Zeppelin IV” — featured anthems such as "Stairway To Heaven", "Rock And Roll", "Black Dog" and "When The Levee Breaks". The album was inducted into the Grammy Hall Of Fame in 1999 and has been certified 23x platinum by the RIAA.

Released in March of 1973, "Houses Of The Holy" features "The Song Remains The Same" and "No Quarter" while showcasing the continuing evolution of the band's signature sound with the reggae-tinged "D'yer Mak'er" and the funk jam "The Crunge". The album has been certified diamond by the RIAA for sales of over 11 million copies.

Led Zeppelin kicked off their reissue series in June with the release of expanded editions of the band’s first three albums – “Led Zeppelin I”, “Led Zeppelin II” and “Led Zeppelin III” – each with a companion disc of bonus material.

----------------------------------------------------------

Newbie here! But not to Zep....... many decades of listening pleasure. Are the companion cd's to PG going to be 1 or 2 discs?

No one knows yet but I am predicting one companion disc for PG

Man, I hope you are wrong!

I don't know about you all, but I am expecting nothing less than a Mount Everest size box for Physical Graffiti! Four slabs of vinyl (2 each for the original album and the companion tracks) and at least 3 CDs total to cover the album and companion tracks.

My "Tangible Vandalism" is a double-album, so I would think there's enough in the vault to fill two albums of bonus tracks. So far in this reissue campaign, each companion disc has featured an alternate mix/take/version of almost each song on the studio album. With the exception of the first album...and "Living Loving Maid", "Tangerine", and "D'yer M'ker".

Also, the Physical Graffiti reissue will be a stand-alone release...it won't be sharing space and attention with another Led Zeppelin album. And from a consumer perspective, it'll be okay if they have to charge $200 to cover the cost of the extra vinyl as there won't be another Zeppelin box to worry about for a while.

"Physical Graffiti" was the motherlode. It was Led Zeppelin's mightiest and heaviest album. It hit like the Hammer of Thor. The Super Deluxe Box edition should be so heavy it breaks the delivery man's back!

I don't know about you all, but I am expecting nothing less than a Mount Everest size box for Physical Graffiti! Four slabs of vinyl (2 each for the original album and the companion tracks) and at least 3 CDs total to cover the album and companion tracks.

My "Tangible Vandalism" is a double-album, so I would think there's enough in the vault to fill two albums of bonus tracks. So far in this reissue campaign, each companion disc has featured an alternate mix/take/version of almost each song on the studio album. With the exception of the first album...and "Living Loving Maid", "Tangerine", and "D'yer M'ker".

Also, the Physical Graffiti reissue will be a stand-alone release...it won't be sharing space and attention with another Led Zeppelin album. And from a consumer perspective, it'll be okay if they have to charge $200 to cover the cost of the extra vinyl as there won't be another Zeppelin box to worry about for a while.

"Physical Graffiti" was the motherlode. It was Led Zeppelin's mightiest and heaviest album. It hit like the Hammer of Thor. The Super Deluxe Box edition should be so heavy it breaks the delivery man's back!

• There was an alternate take (no vocals) of "Living Loving Maid."
  • The SDBS for the first album had three vinyls and there was no premium for it (and, at the moment, on Amazon it's $20 less than the HOTH SDBS!).

Maybe the challenge with the companion disc for PG is finding stuff that isn't readily available...

• There was an alternate take (no vocals) of "Living Loving Maid."
  • The SDBS for the first album had three vinyls and there was no premium for it (and, at the moment, on Amazon it's $20 less than the HOTH SDBS!).
Maybe the challenge with the companion disc for PG is finding stuff that isn't readily available...

That should tell you two things...

1. My memory ain't what it used to be.

2. I don't listen to the Led Zeppelin II companion disc much.

In fact, I listen to Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin III far more than I do Led Zeppelin II. I think I've listened to my Led Zeppelin II reissue three or four times at the most...and the companion disc only twice.

No, I'm pretty sure in one of the thousand interviews that i have read over the past few months, Jimmy disclosed that there would be only 1 companion disc.

No, I'm pretty sure in one of the thousand interviews that i have read over the past few months, Jimmy disclosed that there would be only 1 companion disc.

You can fit 75-80 minutes on a CD but a vinyl record can only hold 20-25 minutes per side without significantly compromising audio quality. So if the PG companion audio disc has an hour or more of bonus tracks it will have to be spread out over two vinyl discs.

You can fit 75-80 minutes on a CD but a vinyl record can only hold 20-25 minutes per side without significantly compromising audio quality. So if the PG companion audio disc has an hour or more of bonus tracks it will have to be spread out over two vinyl discs.

One companion disc spread over 2 vinyls is still one companion disc. I highly doubt it will consist of 6 vinyls

I still believe that he said that there would only be one companion disc, as was the case with the other LP sets. I heard a rumor, and it is unsubstantiated, but it suggested that the bonus material will consist of variations of some of the songs that were specifically recorded for PG, and not all the extra songs that were recorded during previous album sessions. I agree with juxtiphi, that this set is not likely to have 6 lp's.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18626-new-box-sets-including-unreleased-material/page-206#entry787801

lcondo123 said:

Best Buy is busy arranging the I-phone covers.

Archived