New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Merry Christmas to Jimmy Page! Thank you for all the remastered memories and surprises this year. You're still the Keeper of the Flame and Antiquities.

Hope to see you playing guitar and releasing new music in 2015. * )

Here here!

With, as long as i have you, if its a studio version of that song alone, i think its possible we could see it on coda. If its a tour rehearsal version from 69, epic sprawling medley, don't think we'll see it. The extra material so far seems to be streamlined and marketed for these reintroductions of the catalogue...and there is alot of future options for them, for any studio and live record releases. They even would sort of benefit by leaving a song like, as long as....off coda, because its a great discovery for the listeners who seek hearing more live zep and part of the allure, that keep folks interested.

I am also thinking of how, hey hey what can i do and travelling riverside blues was marketed for the 90 box set. Yes these new releases are a huge step forward in regards to material...but ofcourse its got to be marketed.

Its definitely been very cool so far.

I think the chances are good Mr. Page will say something on his site when the New Year begins regarding the next releases (like he did at the start of 2014).

It could definitely be vague, but maybe he'll surprise and say something like "The remastered Physical Graffiti will be released in February on its 40th anniversary."

:chickeddance:

I think the chances are good Mr. Page will say something on his site when the New Year begins regarding the next releases (like he did at the start of 2014).

It could definitely be vague, but maybe he'll surprise and say something like "The remastered Physical Graffiti will be released in February on its 40th anniversary."

That makes sense. The 24th falls on a Tuesday in 2015.

You're not giving up on the February release eh Pujols? ;)

Hasn't it been 3 months between announcement and release so far? I think the 40th anniversary thing is just a coincidence, I doubt they planned this whole remasters project around it. Wasn't it originally supposed to start in 2013?

You're not giving up on the February release eh Pujols? ;)

Hasn't it been 3 months between announcement and release so far? I think the 40th anniversary thing is just a coincidence, I doubt they planned this whole remasters project around it. Wasn't it originally supposed to start in 2013?

To pat myself on the back, I think I was the first one to raise (in June or July, when I noticed Feb 24th was a Tuesday) the possibility of PG releasing on its anniversary.

Only in the last few months has there been a lot of traction for this idea, with some saying with certainty that it will happen in February, and that Presence would not be released with it. Part of it is fueled by Page's semi answer to an interview question. When queried if the release would coincide with the anniversary, Jimmy said, I believe, something like "maybe. Good sleuthing." That's equivocal, of course.

I don't really know either way, and I don't know why Presence would not be released with it, except to perhaps make the last collection a little sexier.

Yes, the gap between announcement and release has been about three months. And, while we only have one instance of a release followed by announcement of the following release (the first three followed by fourth album and HOTH), that gap was less than two months (June 3 to, what, July 28th or something?). We're at two months now.

Trying to read the Zeppelin tea leaves....

The band disagreed.

Nothing to do with the band."The Old Grey Whistle Test" used "Filmfinders" all the time for anything that was just an album track, Felix the cat cartoons were used many times as were clips from obscure silent movies. "Filmfinders" were an essential part of every programme, They were part of what made "TOGWT" what it was.

Either way the video does little to promote the song. Trampled is a raunchy, sexy, blues based barrel house rocker. And what do we get from the video? Costumed and we'll rehearsed dance routines from 1920s Era professional dancers. I can't picture John Bonham exclaiming "Yeah! That's it!"

Either way the video does little to promote the song. Trampled is a raunchy, sexy, blues based barrel house rocker. And what do we get from the video? Costumed and we'll rehearsed dance routines from 1920s Era professional dancers. I can't picture John Bonham exclaiming "Yeah! That's it!T

OGWT was essential Tuesday night viewing after a few pints in the pub, very little on TV took my interest but the "Old Grey" was something all MUSIC fans looked forward to. I don't recall anyone who thought that piece of film was anything but an excellent choice to accompany our first hearing "TU" on it's first public broadcast here in the UK.

OGWT was essential Tuesday night viewing after a few pints in the pub, very little on TV took my interest but the "Old Grey" was something all MUSIC fans looked forward to. I don't recall anyone who thought that piece of film was anything but an excellent choice to accompany our first hearing "TU" on it's first public broadcast here in the UK.

In the USA that would be the equivalent of making a video for "Black Dog" using old Lawrence Welk footage with the Lennon sisters

singing "Hey Hey Momma - see the way move - gonna make you sweat - gonna make you groove..." (ah one-a, and ah two-a)...Singing to

a waltz and acordian beat.

In the USA that would be the equivalent of making a video for "Black Dog" using old Lawrence Welk footage with the Lennon sisters

singing "Hey Hey Momma - see the way move - gonna make you sweat - gonna make you groove..." (ah one-a, and ah two-a)...Singing to

a waltz and acordian beat.

No matter how odd you find the video, it happened, and the post of this on YouTube shows that it's gearing up for the Physical Graffiti season. Whether it does come out on the 40th anniversary or not, the video is a hint of the upcoming releases, so I find this as good news and welcome the video with open arms! :hurrah:

Led Zeppelin promo film made by Filmfinders for the Old Grey Whistle Test - first broadcast 21 February 1975.

Thank you for the New Year's present, Sam! :):yourock:

I also believe it's a sign of an eminent release date for Physical Graffiti! :stereo:

No matter how odd you find the video, it happened, and the post of this on YouTube shows that it's gearing up for the Physical Graffiti season. Whether it does come out on the 40th anniversary or not, the video is a hint of the upcoming releases, so I find this as good news and welcome the video with open arms! :hurrah:

It's not on the Zeppelin YouTube account...and it was uploaded 3.5 years ago, so I'd say don't read too much into it.

It's not on the Zeppelin YouTube account...and it was uploaded 3.5 years ago, so I'd say don't read too much into it.

My mistake! I first watched it on my smartphone and I thought it was uploaded by Led Zeppelin. Now that I see that it's not, my comment sounds foolish :wacko: I'll save my optimism for a later date. I apologize, thanks for pointing that out Pujols!

Archived