New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I still have IV and HOTH to listen to (IV goes on tonight) as I am spreading out the experience (which could not begin until this year for my self imposed wait for the right ingredients).

Have you had them since October? That is some serious self control!

Have you had them since October? That is some serious self control!

I have - and it was! It was killing me, but I knew it would be worth it.

On holidays - so I could relax.

Acquired Klipsch M40 headphones which are killer.

1 year booze exhile over! :beer:

Some herbal enhancement acquired.

Time organised/reserved away from family for my Zep time. (Gawd I love my missus)

WELL worth the wait let me tell you. Has been incredible experience beyond what I thought it would be for all above reasons. just magic. I also leafed through Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page and another book my missus found - Led Zeppelin - The Illustrated Biography.

Life can be good. :peace:

Can anyone hazard an educated guess as to when we will get the first sample track from deluxe PG?

I think in the next 10 days. We shall see.

Anybody here think that the SDBS price will drop much, if anything? The other ones dropped like $15 if I remember correctly, so would the PG set end up being around $140? Just curious what people are predicting here...

I certainly think so. Amazon hasn't started any of them this high. The last two started at $139 and shipped at $104. As you pointed out, the SDBS for Led Zeppelin had three vinyl, plus the press kit, and didn't command a premium compared to II and III. Maybe Amazon started it this high because they know they'll cut it. I definitely expect it to be under $120 when it ships. One thing to note: The book in this one is longer than the other ones (96 pages), compared to 72, 80, or 88 pages for the other SDBS). Don't know if that makes a difference. Thanks to my Amazon gift card schemes, my preorder price (out of pocket) came to $118...for now.

On a different subject: Any thoughts on the release of Presence? Will it be solo in maybe May, or the last three all together, in May or June? I lean toward the latter.

I think in the next 10 days. We shall see.

I certainly think so. Amazon hasn't started any of them this high. The last two started at $139 and shipped at $104. As you pointed out, the SDBS for Led Zeppelin had three vinyl, plus the press kit, and didn't command a premium compared to II and III. Maybe Amazon started it this high because they know they'll cut it. I definitely expect it to be under $120 when it ships. One thing to note: The book in this one is longer than the other ones (96 pages), compared to 72, 80, or 88 pages for the other SDBS). Don't know if that makes a difference. Thanks to my Amazon gift card schemes, my preorder price (out of pocket) came to $118...for now.

On a different subject: Any thoughts on the release of Presence? Will it be solo in maybe May, or the last three all together, in May or June? I lean toward the latter.

That's what I was imagining would happen... And thanks to my Christmas gift cards from Amazon, my pre-order price is now down to $88 :bubble:

I'm leaning towards Coda, Presence, and ITTOD being released all together, unless that alternate tape of Presence that Jimmy found is worthy enough to be deemed released on it's own. I'm predicting that we'll see the final three around June, which would nicely wrap up the remasters one year later.

I'm leaning towards Coda, Presence, and ITTOD being released all together, unless that alternate tape of Presence that Jimmy found is worthy enough to be deemed released on it's own. I'm predicting that we'll see the final three around June, which would nicely wrap up the remasters one year later.

Yep, I could see it being June 2, basically a year after it started.

on a dreamers note... presence & ittod ... and then some kind of grand finale for Coda... not too probable... but...

Unless this Coda deluxe set is REALLY gonna knock us all out with some huge surprise, I don't see that happening.

I expect Coda will have a nice surprise, and will be released alone as the final.

Don't wanna burst your bubble, but I wouldn't get my expectations too high, or else you will be extremely let down with Coda. If you expect all of that of Coda, and it ends up just being nice but not anything special, you're going to really be upset with the results. What I'm doing is expecting Coda to be released with the other two and the companion disc has Swan Song, Baby Come On Home, and HHWCID, while the rest of the disc is alternate stuff from the original album. Then, if Coda is released on it's own and there's this grand finale for it I'll be pleasantly surprised! :D

Don't wanna burst your bubble, but I wouldn't get my expectations too high, or else you will be extremely let down with Coda. If you expect all of that of Coda, and it ends up just being nice but not anything special, you're going to really be upset with the results. What I'm doing is expecting Coda to be released with the other two and the companion disc has Swan Song, Baby Come On Home, and HHWCID, while the rest of the disc is alternate stuff from the original album. Then, if Coda is released on it's own and there's this grand finale for it I'll be pleasantly surprised! :D

Well Jimmy has said that he is going to extend to the main purpose of Coda so I don't see a reason to not be positive towards it, unless you're going to throw a huge fit if it doesn't have all sorts of amazing new tracks!! But I've been very pleased with the first 5 releases, little disappointed at first but I find myself listening to the companion discs more than the originals over the last several months. Really wish there was enough material for a LZI companion disc, gosh a rough mix of Dazed And Confused and How Many More Times would've been awesome but I'm happy with a good quality 1969 show, that HMMT is really cool! Maybe Page will have something from then on Coda... All I know is he BETTER include that version of Baby Come On Home with the extended outro and the cool deep guitar on it, that version is way better than the official!

These releases can't go to the end of 2016 lol we got 5/9 in 5 months, 6/9 in 9 months, I don't think the next 3 will be in the next 23 months.. I'm predicting Presence and ITTOD in July with Coda or Coda will then be October 2015.

Archived