New box sets including unreleased material

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll have to wait and see...I am just hoping no 20 versions of same song in progress(Redundant Pet sounds BB box)...backing trax etc and that these are affordable for most I trust Jimmy's ears still work better than George Martin's cuz the Beatles stereo remasters were so bad I sold them all to brother in law The 88 versions were lower in volume but are superior...am talking abt stereo only...monos pretty true to original flavor. It's all wait and see....Zeppelin time...could be a 5 year project!

as there is an abundance of unreleased tracks and demos on youtube, maybe this is a way of recouping some losses? HD sounds?

i was listening to lots of them yesterday, jennings farm, swan song, organ solo, the soundcheck of old rock and roll songs, lots out there so maybe he wants to bring it all back in line

someone has all of the tapes during the various level checks and run throughs at the studios, just a guess- I think it's most likely Page.

They recorded the level checks for playback purposes and to prove out the quality of the tapes being used. You had to check the tapes in those days. Pack rats don't throw things away or "lose" them or "forget" where they put them.

Better believe it is an involved process to set levels for drums and do it right = lots of tape used. The tape operators say Keep the Tape A Rolling 'coz you don't want to get your arse chewed out for not saying yes to the question "Did you get that on tape...?"

We are getting a ton of good stuff on the box sets

someone has all of the tapes during the various level checks and run throughs at the studios, just a guess- I think it's most likely Page.

They recorded the level checks for playback purposes and to prove out the quality of the tapes being used. You had to check the tapes in those days. Pack rats don't throw things away or "lose" them or "forget" where they put them.

Better believe it is an involved process to set levels for drums and do it right = lots of tape used. The tape operators say Keep the Tape A Rolling 'coz you don't want to get your arse chewed out for not saying yes to the question "Did you get that on tape...?"

We are getting a ton of good stuff on the box sets

i wanna hear the intro to celebration day WITH drums ;)

Ok I have have read a few pages on this debate of what could be on these box sets that are coming out. It's time to hear from the man himself. What do you say Jimmy give us a few hints to hang our hat on dude, .And stay mighty

Or could also be a very small fraction or porcion of what Jimmy really has. We have been down this path before with the live shows.

I believe that if these 2013 reissues really get realeased there's going to be two unreleased tracks per album, and thats not enough for what you'll probably pay. Look, I just think that this is milking the cow way to much, specially for a band like Led Zeppelin.

That seems to go agenst what has been said so far and I'd argue goes agenst Page's history.

While you could argue he's commerically minded he's never resorted to "ripoff tactics" like forcing fans to rebuy what they already own to hear a tiny amount of new material, he released boxset 2 filling in the gaps from boxset 1 afterall and all of his more recent releases have been 100% new material, all very affordable aswell.

The very fact he's talking about boxsets seems to suggest were looking at a minimum 2 CD/DVD's each, I wouldnt be supprized if we see 1 CD of studio outakes and 1 CD of live material per album personally.

As far as "collectors material" goes I'm pretty hopeful that if there is any it will better good, not something Page has gone in for thus far but given his boot collecting ways you'd think he'd want to do something interesting.

You tease!

I don't know anything more than anyone else - but people who claim to have their "sources" suggest we'll at least get info soon. Of course, we've heard the same stuff for years now...so, just be patient, I guess. :)

I don't know anything more than anyone else - but people who claim to have their "sources" suggest we'll at least get info soon. Of course, we've heard the same stuff for years now...so, just be patient, I guess. :)

post-20091-0-70448600-1362487811_thumb.g

I would think that if Jimmy really has something interesting that is un-released from the Zeppelin back catalogs - he would have

released it by now...I mean 1980 WAS a long ime ago folks. 33 years is an awful long time to hold on to "gems" regarding Zeppelin

material. But then again....33 IS a truly magickal number now that I think of it.

Hmmm, maybe this could be an exciting year after all !

^up until this point he has been very much against releasing anything relating to unfinished or alternate songs/performances that weren't top quality. The fact that he might be doing it now is something completely new for him, I wonder what caused the change...

^up until this point he has been very much against releasing anything relating to unfinished or alternate songs/performances that weren't top quality. The fact that he might be doing it now is something completely new for him, I wonder what caused the change...

Quite possibly copyright laws - wanting to keep the discography and any unreleased tracks firmly in their grasp. Possibly also to ensure a revenue stream for their families once they're gone.

"St. Tristan's Sword?" To tell you the truth, I'm not a fan of JPJ on vocals. I like his contribution to Battle of Evermore on the 77 tour, I think it adds to the song. His solo stuff though...I just can't get into it. It could be good though, I'll reserve judgement till I actually hear it.

As far as a new album....they are missing 1/4th of what made them work the way they did, and it's been a long time since the've been in that setting together. It could be amazing, but it could also be not so amazing. I'm much more interested in older material.

Edited by publicenemy3

As far as a new album....they are missing 1/4th of what made them work the way they did, and it's been a long time since the've been in that setting together. It could be amazing, but it could also be not so amazing. I'm much more interested in older material.

Not me, if I didn’t have new music to listen to and discover I would squeeze a grape

Not me, if I didn’t have new music to listen to and discover I would squeeze a grape

You'll get new music - just not "recently recorded" music.

"St. Tristan's Sword?" To tell you the truth, I'm not a fan of JPJ on vocals. I like his contribution to Battle of Evermore on the 77 tour, I think it adds to the song. His solo stuff though...I just can't get into it. It could be good though, I'll reserve judgement till I actually hear it.

If we hear it. Someone, somewhere online actually suggested that "St. Tristan's Sword" might have been an early name for "No Quarter."