New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

There is no possible way that the final 3 albums will be released together. No way. Jimmy needs to put each in perspective and releasing all 3 at once will distract from the importance that each release has individually. No way is he going to group them together and say "Wallah"!

Not only that, but considering the amount of In Through The Out Door outtakes that have already "leaked" in bootleg circles, there is probably enough there in the vaults to warrant a standalone release. I'd include the Bonham drum tracks that already circulate; that IMO is some amazing stuff right there. Hell, I'm sure most fans would settle for alternate mixes of, say, "Carouselambra" where you can actually make out the fucking words! :lol: Throw in a few live tracks as well (he says, rubbing his hands together in anticipation) and a deluxe ITTOD could potentially be something special (no matter of the decidedly mixed feelings about the album itself). Of the three remaining albums there is most potential for the ITTOD set.

One thing I could see for the Coda set -besides the obvious use of "Hey Hey..." and "Baby Come On Home"- is raw, unedited versions of "I Can't Quit You Baby" and "We're Gonna Groove" (such as we got on the DVD), as well as the original rough take of "Walter's Walk" minus the 1981 overdubs.

Before the first remasters I deleted all zep albums off my phone as I wanted to hear them as they arrive. Physical graffiti has been an annoyance because I've been wanting to hear it for about 6 months now. Even more weirdly I am now craving a listening of ITTOD, something that has never happened previously!

Anyone else abstain from the studio tracks till the remasters arrived?

For what it's worth, if 4 and HOH weren't split I simply can't see why presence and ITTOD would have standalone releases. It just doesn't take sense as they are universally the least popular of the zep albums. If coda truly has some real treasures on it then maybe it'll be separated, but otherwise I foresee all three at the same time time one year after the first three.

Before the first remasters I deleted all zep albums off my phone as I wanted to hear them as they arrive. Physical graffiti has been an annoyance because I've been wanting to hear it for about 6 months now. Even more weirdly I am now craving a listening of ITTOD, something that has never happened previously!

Anyone else abstain from the studio tracks till the remasters arrived?

For what it's worth, if 4 and HOH weren't split I simply can't see why presence and ITTOD would have standalone releases. It just doesn't take sense as they are universally the least popular of the zep albums. If coda truly has some real treasures on it then maybe it'll be separated, but otherwise I foresee all three at the same time time one year after the first three.

I did the same! I've been trying to not listen to all of the albums until they are re-released and it's killing me! I've had the serious urge to listen to Presence and ITTOD forever. I cracked the other day and had to listen to The Wanton Song because the urge was too strong! Now at least I can listen to the alternate take of Houses of the Holy until Feb 24th. :P

I agree, if IV and HotH were released together, I couldn't see Presence and ITTOD being released separately. Like you said, Presence and ITTOD are the least popular albums from the band (that's a genreal statement: I'm not saying everyone's least favorite) so it just wouldn't make sense to me why those would be released as stand-alones. Coda would really have to go out with a bang if it were to be released by itself, which is a possibility, but the chances are low IMO.

Are there any news nuggets that are surprising/shocking/satisfying?

Why don't you read the review to find out, click to enlarge to view on a PC/Laptop or do that finger thing on a tablet/phone.

Why don't you read the review to find out, click to enlarge to view on a PC/Laptop or do that finger thing on a tablet/phone.

Thanks - I didn't know it would enlarge and do so clearly enough to read.

Don't agree I can't wait. I love the companion discs, just wish they were a bit longer.

Agreed JTM. I listen to the companion more often that the remasters, especially the instrumental tracks. Thanks for posting the review.

My $.02: No way all three of the final three albums are going to be released one-by-one.

It is possible Presence could be released on its own, but I really doubt it - the group of Zep and rock fans who hold that album in high enough esteem to justify it being released alone is just too small.

My gut says Presence, ITTOD and Coda will all be released, together, in early June, on the one-year anniversary of the release of Zep I, II, and III.

It would make a nice, neat bookend, and face it - if the iconic first three albums were all released together, how on earth could Page justify not releasing the final three together?

The only other scenario that I think is anywhere near likely, is Presence and ITTOD in June, and Coda separately in October, if Coda turns out to have some truly unreleased gems on it. But even then, I just can't see 2-3 surprise tracks on the companion disc as enough of a reason to separate it out. So I'm going to stick with all three together, first week of June.

This would be cool.

Also, i think coda will be keeping within a loose tribute to john bonham theme, as the original.

Just picked up the latest UNCUT, first PG press review.

Is that in British shops now, mate?

I can't get the slide to turn clockwise so am having problems reading it as my head doesn't sit at a 90 degree angle :shifty:

Me, too...I'm really loving the instrumental tracks!

I made a disc for the car of only the instrumentals thus far and I really don't miss the vocals at all. I am able to concentrate on the all the different instruments and layers much better.

I made a disc for the car of only the instrumentals thus far and I really don't miss the vocals at all. I am able to concentrate on the all the different instruments and layers much better.

I've got a playlist of all the instrumentals, as well, and for the same reason.

I've got a playlist of all the instrumentals, as well, and for the same reason.

Exactly!! I don't have an instrumental only playlist but will be making one tonight! I like the vocals in some songs as an added sound, and Robert's voice is amazing, but I don't know most of the lyrics to the songs because I am too busy 'singing' along to the instruments. I love it when the vocals are removed and I hear a new sound/layer...that's what's cool and interesting about the companion discs to me.

Archived