New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I haven't listened to PG for six months. I gave away my cd to an impoverished friend but its still on my iPod.Just counting down the days.I have bought all the deluxe cds so far but if money should fall from the skies the box sets will be gracing my shelves.

Very cool indeed as I paid $159 om Amazon on Day1 with the preorder. That helps my wallet a bit with Amazon's lowest price guarantee! :thumbsup:

technically we haven't paid anything yet — the true beauty of that guarantee.

glad its so low. hopefully it dips just a bit more, though i'm more than happy with this price point.

Amazon US has dropped the price to $119.88

That puts it at 25% off the original price, or where HOTH and fourth album were when they shipped. That could be as low as it gets.

I consider myself a patient man, but this drawn out release schedule is taxing me greatly. Once PG arrives I'll be OK for about a month...and then I'll be very anxious for news of the next round, whatever that looks like.

Thank you, Sam.

Is that the new companion "Kashmir" in this video or the original? I can't tell the difference.

After reading the track rundown by Dave Lewis, I must say that "Sick Again - Early Version" intrigues me the most; just wish it was longer.

I'm hoping that's the original. If the companion is labeled "Driving to Kashmir," that suggests a difference...not to mention the "rough orchestra mix" aspect.

Very creepy video... I like it! Should we look for PG in stores on Monday Feb 23? The IV, HOTH release said available on Tuesday Oct 28, but I got them Monday Oct 27...

IV and HotH came out the same week as Taylor Swift's album. But 1989 was rescheduled for Monday release. the rest of the new releases that week follow suit to stay competitive with 1989. I doubt anything will change PG's release. :/

I'm seeing TUF, SA, IMTOD, HOH, ITL, BWS, and K on the companion?

Companion Disc Setlist:

1. Brandy & Coke (Trampled Under Foot - Initial Rough Mix)

2. Sick Again (Early Version)

3. In My Time Of Dying (Initial Rough Mix)

4. Houses Of The Holy (Rough Mix With Overdubs)

5. Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light Early Version/In Transit)

6. Boogie With Stu (Sunset Sound Mix)

7. Driving Through Kashmir (Kashmir Rough Orchestra Mix)

Companion Disc Setlist:

1. Brandy & Coke (Trampled Under Foot - Initial Rough Mix)

2. Sick Again (Early Version)

3. In My Time Of Dying (Initial Rough Mix)

4. Houses Of The Holy (Rough Mix With Overdubs)

5. Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light Early Version/In Transit)

6. Boogie With Stu (Sunset Sound Mix)

7. Driving Through Kashmir (Kashmir Rough Orchestra Mix)

That is correct! Looking forward to it in two weeks time!

I don't know if it was this thread, but on one of these "remastered box set" threads, someone mentioned that Plant said these were "irrelevant".

Did he really say that?

"What you're hearing there is mostly work-in-progress stuff. Things on their way to completion, and maybe there's some little quirk or something that led to an either/or moment. But it's nothing relevant, really. Not to me, at least." Sept 15, 2014

http://www.billboard.com/articles/6251461/robert-plant-interview-lullaby-and-the-ceaseless-roar

With respect to the folks that like them I have found the companion discs completely irrelevant. I have never liked "rough" takes or backing tracks. I have just been buying standard 1 disc remasters I respect Page completely but different people will have different opinions. Heard couple good tracks from 3 other than that listened to the rest once at a friend's.... Not impressed

"What you're hearing there is mostly work-in-progress stuff. Things on their way to completion, and maybe there's some little quirk or something that led to an either/or moment. But it's nothing relevant, really. Not to me, at least." Sept 15, 2014

http://www.billboard.com/articles/6251461/robert-plant-interview-lullaby-and-the-ceaseless-roar

Thank you kind person! I hope I didn't hijack the thread!

Now everyone, back to the original topic at hand...

Archived