New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I think it's a mistake to release the final 3 albums all at once if in fact that is what will happen.

All 3 releases have their importance and should have space to reflect on their historical value and circumstance. Jimmy will have his hands full telling each story. Although he did it with the first 3 albums I think those releases were short changed as well.

I think it's a mistake to release the final 3 albums all at once if in fact that is what will happen.

All 3 releases have their importance and should have space to reflect on their historical value and circumstance. Jimmy will have his hands full telling each story. Although he did it with the first 3 albums I think those releases were short changed as well.

I agree with your opinion. I think he kinda put himself in a corner on this though. If CODA has that much to offer, it should be by itself. So, maybe not then?

I personally wish Jimmy had released all of these 1 at a time. Starting with I on June 3, II on July 18, III on August 31, IV on October 15, HOTH on November 31, PG on Feb 24, and so on... Every 50 days or so getting a nice little treat!

There will likely be 30-40 minutes (1 vinyl) of unreleased material to release on a 2nd companion disc for Coda. We know there's 2 tracks from the Presence sessions so 8+ minutes right there + Swan Song, Fire, maybe a studio version of For Your Love and As long As I Have You or something else we don't know about.. When you look at the previous companion discs, Page never released anything out of the ordinary on them and kept them all quite similar to the original releases so Coda may be the free for all to get everything out. II likely had LaLa simply because there was no extra material and had to be over 30 minutes to keep complaints down, III had Jennings Farm Blues (Bron-Y-Aur Stomp on electric guitar) and Keys To The Highway (same session as Hats Off To Roy Harper) and Physical Graffiti had Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light alternate take).. So I would expect Presence and ITTOD to be similar to the last 5 as far as nothing out of the ordinary, but Coda disc 2 will likely have the bonus tracks including some rough takes of worthy tracks from Coda (hopefully something from HHWCID and BCOH) and disc 3 will likely have everything else... We have to remember if Keys To The Highway never seen the light of day until 2014, there might be some good material on that 3rd disc.. Don't cross your fingers and have a complete fit if it doesn't meet your expectations, but keep your hopes up! I'm waiting until July 31 (as far as we know) to see the track listing for the last 3.. And don't forget Jimmy DID SAY that he was extending to the original purpose of the Coda album!!

As I have said before, there is a possibility for something from the debut album making it on Coda. Page clearly didn't have enough for a complete companion disc, but an early take of Dazed And Confused from when they first started would be worth the money alone.....

I personally wish Jimmy had released all of these 1 at a time. Starting with I on June 3, II on July 18, III on August 31, IV on October 15, HOTH on November 31, PG on Feb 24, and so on... Every 50 days or so getting a nice little treat!

There will likely be 30-40 minutes (1 vinyl) of unreleased material to release on a 2nd companion disc for Coda. We know there's 2 tracks from the Presence sessions so 8+ minutes right there + Swan Song, Fire, maybe a studio version of For Your Love and As long As I Have You or something else we don't know about.. When you look at the previous companion discs, Page never released anything out of the ordinary on them and kept them all quite similar to the original releases so Coda may be the free for all to get everything out. II likely had LaLa simply because there was no extra material and had to be over 30 minutes to keep complaints down, III had Jennings Farm Blues (Bron-Y-Aur Stomp on electric guitar) and Keys To The Highway (same session as Hats Off To Roy Harper) and Physical Graffiti had Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light alternate take).. So I would expect Presence and ITTOD to be similar to the last 5 as far as nothing out of the ordinary, but Coda disc 2 will likely have the bonus tracks including some rough takes of worthy tracks from Coda (hopefully something from HHWCID and BCOH) and disc 3 will likely have everything else... We have to remember if Keys To The Highway never seen the light of day until 2014, there might be some good material on that 3rd disc.. Don't cross your fingers and have a complete fit if it doesn't meet your expectations, but keep your hopes up! I'm waiting until July 31 (as far as we know) to see the track listing for the last 3.. And don't forget Jimmy DID SAY that he was extending to the original purpose of the Coda album!!

As I have said before, there is a possibility for something from the debut album making it on Coda. Page clearly didn't have enough for a complete companion disc, but an early take of Dazed And Confused from when they first started would be worth the money alone.....

HOTH on Nov. 31st would have been very special.

I kind of wish they had just taken the songs from Coda and put them on the companion discs, but hopefully an expanded version winds up being a home for other "odds and ends".

If Jimmy does another "Conversations", you know he's going to be on the defensive when ITTOD comes up.

HOTH on Nov. 31st would have been very special.

I was thinking why? lol yeah it would have been quite special lol I was just throwing out dates. Who knows, maybe the last 3 will be released on July 33rd..

Well...appart from ITTOT, the other two are the best reissues of the series, IMO.

Yea at first glance ITTOD looks like the weak link, but hopefully those early mixes of All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl are interesting. Hell, maybe I'll even enjoy a different version of Carouselambra... (that's a strong maybe lol)

I, for one, am pumped about this last set. We are getting a new song from the Presence sessions PLUS Sugar Mama, St. Tristan's Sword (worth the price of admission!!!!!), HHWCID, Bombay Sessions(!!!), Baby Come On Home, and other completely different takes of songs already released. Jimmy wouldn't throw Bring It On Home, When The Levee Breaks, Wanton Song, and so on onto the companion disc for CODA if there wasn't a big enough difference with them. Take it as you will, but I'm excited! :yay:

I, for one, am pumped about this last set. We are getting a new song from the Presence sessions PLUS Sugar Mama, St. Tristan's Sword (worth the price of admission!!!!!), HHWCID, Bombay Sessions(!!!), Baby Come On Home, and other completely different takes of songs already released. Jimmy wouldn't throw Bring It On Home, When The Levee Breaks, Wanton Song, and so on onto the companion disc for CODA if there wasn't a big enough difference with them. Take it as you will, but I'm excited! :yay:

Good point! :gimmefive:

The line-up for Coda's extras appears to be a smorgasbord of material, much like the original release. Some of the tracks were expected to be there, some are the rough mixes of the original's tracks and the rest are surprises. I wonder how the rough mix of Everybody Makes It Through differs from the version on PG's companion disc. One has to wonder why some of the tracks were left off of the companion disc of their respective albums, i.e. Bring It On Home, Desire (Wanton Song), If It Keeps On Raining (Levee), EMIT. I guess Jimmy needed to save something for Coda.

The companion disc for Presence seems to be a bit light, given Jimmy's comments about finding some surprise material. I guess we'll have to wait and see what those strangely named tracks turn out to be.

Presence looks very intriguing indeed. ITTOD looks like potentially just another companion disk, in the vein of LZ4 (minimal variation), and Coda looks absolutely superb! A brilliant conclusion.

Jimmy is obviously keeping As Long As I Have You studio version for the next round of remasters

Archived