New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Today, I completed my first (physical) collection of Led Zeppelin studio albums. It is gorgeous, and I feel like a queen!! Thank you, Jimmy, for pouring your heart and soul into this phenomenal project for the fans. With the band's amazing talent, and your attention to detail, there is no surprise that this music has stood the test of time. ❤️❤️❤️

post-26295-0-96430600-1439350424_thumb.j

Today, I completed my first (physical) collection of Led Zeppelin studio albums. It is gorgeous, and I feel like a queen!! Thank you, Jimmy, for pouring your heart and soul into this phenomenal project for the fans. With the band's amazing talent, and your attention to detail, there is no surprise that this music has stood the test of time. ❤️❤️❤️

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

^ That is impressive!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

So jealous, so jealous... :tears:;)

Just pulled the trigger on Presence SDBS from Amazon, $94. Not bad. Will arrive Friday. Had wanted to get the last three all together, but didn't want to miss that price.

Also barely noticed they list it as three vinyl. Strange oversight. When it arrives I'll ask where the other vinyl went. :)

I am an Amazon Prime customer and was able to get them to honor the $111.61 price for Coda. I appreciate folks keeping everyone updated on the pricing as 50 dollars is significant. Thanks again.

As Coda has still not dropped on Amazon, and as I have Prime, I just tried this. Agent on chat refused, said "We would do it if it was price drop on our website but we strongly do not offer price match for other websites" (I had referenced importcds). Not quite sure what the "price drop on our website" statement means. I even mentioned I was aware of other Prime members getting a price match but it didn't help.

I have $220 in Amazon credit; otherwise I'd just go ahead with importcds. One option is that importcds is selling the set on Amazon for $114, but their shipping is slower than dirt.

The surprising thing is that from the merch section of ledzeppelin.com, it's $139...although Presence and ITTOD are cheaper on Amazon.

Amazon for all previous box sets for me has arrived about 10 days after release date. For the last three I went with inportcds and they arrived on the release date.

This was posting to Australia.

Price was much cheaper, no complaints at all from me.

To see what it was like, I'll just stick with the 1990 version if I feel like giving it a listen.

Fair enough, I like this version of the album and love the packaging. Admittedly the companion disc is pretty lame.

• 3 weeks later...

Mothership will be re-released on vinyl and CD using the new remasters. 

"Remastered -The album remastering was supervised by Jimmy Page, using the new 2014/2015 96kHz/24 bit masters."

7Jo3OJq.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Mothership-4LP-180-Gram-Vinyl/dp/B014V01J0Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442602319&sr=8-2&keywords=mothership+led+zeppelin

"Remastered -The album remastering was supervised by Jimmy Page, using the new 2014/2015 96kHz/24 bit masters."

7Jo3OJq.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Mothership-4LP-180-Gram-Vinyl/dp/B014V01J0Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442602319&sr=8-2&keywords=mothership+led+zeppelin

That's interesting, although I won't be buying it. I already have every Zeppelin song.

s

7Jo3OJq.jpg

Still no 5.1, this compo re-release could have been a great opportunity  to finally put out an example of how Zeppelin sound in surround sound.

A lack of surround on the recent re-issue campaign was just about the biggest disappointment for me, so many of the major acts of the 70's are putting out 5.1 mixes, come on Jim get Steven Wilson in to do his magic.

s

Still no 5.1, this compo re-release could have been a great opportunity  to finally put out an example of how Zeppelin sound in surround sound.

A lack of surround on the recent re-issue campaign was just about the biggest disappointment for me, so many of the major acts of the 70's are putting out 5.1 mixes, come on Jim get Steven Wilson in to do his magic.

Eh, makes no diff to me, I don't have surround sound setup. As you can tell from my post in the Beatles thread, I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of technology. :)

Hmm, that was an unexpected development.  If they're going so far as to re-release Mothership  with the new remasters, don't be surprised to see a new Definitive Collection  box-set in the not too distant future, with the newly-remastered albums presented in mini-LP vinyl replica sleeves like the 2008 set... and if they REALLY want it to be definitive, include HTWWW  and BBC Sessions  alongside the 2007 edition of TSRTS.

Sweet...

• 3 weeks later...

The 5.1 mix of Wish You Were Here included in the 2011 Immersion Edition may just be the best sounding mix I have ever heard. The 5.1 for DSOTM is also excellent, but the clarity on WYWH is sublime. 

The 5.1 mix of Wish You Were Here included in the 2011 Immersion Edition may just be the best sounding mix I have ever heard. The 5.1 for DSOTM is also excellent, but the clarity on WYWH is sublime. 

I prefer the Quad versions of TDSOTM and WYWH over the 5.1 mixes, better use of surround sound imo. James Guthrie's 5.1 mixes have a more double stereo feel to them in the main,but the Quad versions are all around your head. 

I prefer the Quad versions of TDSOTM and WYWH over the 5.1 mixes, better use of surround sound imo. James Guthrie's 5.1 mixes have a more double stereo feel to them in the main,but the Quad versions are all around your head. 

As do I....WYWH seemed to have a lot of extras on the quad mix (like the background singers coming in before the first verses of SOYCD...extra sounds in the opening of WTTM... )

As to the Mothership redux..that's a shame, I really feel the mastering on those discs were the most superior of all..I feel they are much better than what was done for the box sets (to my ears anyway...wish I could find something actual to back up why I may prefer them) 

s

Two things: The campaign focused on using vintage mixes of the songs for companion audio -- Jimmy held fast to that and did not remix from multi-tracks; the other consideration is that I've recently heard some things that suggest a complete 5.1 release might be impossible.

As to the Mothership redux..that's a shame, I really feel the mastering on those discs were the most superior of all..I feel they are much better than what was done for the box sets (to my ears anyway...wish I could find something actual to back up why I may prefer them) 

You might literally be the only person to have ever said that.

Archived