New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

This is degraded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNycVDvsKg

Now to be fair, there is only two and a half songs in this quality, but it's proof that lower gen video does indeed exist. I have to think that it's been excluded up until this point due to it not having a multitrack audio. There is a boot out there that is from an (assumed) official source provided to BET (yes, BET) for a possible project including Puff Daddy. The audio is just the video soundtrack, and possibly better than Year of the Dragon.

Edited to add "assumed"

Well compare that quality to how RAH, Earls Court and Knebworth in, if Jimmy saw this quality fit it would of been the in the dvd no doubt, obviously it's not.

There is a great "out-take" and revised story line to The Song Remains the Same movie.

I remember seeing a copy where Maureen Plant gives Robert the sword on the beach and she is

in other scenes as well.

It also has variations of Jimmy's fantasy sequences as well as Jonsey but I don't think Bonham

had anything shot differently for the film.

Steven A. Jones would know more on the out-take version I am talking about. But the fact that

Maureen was used extensively and the hot blonde that meet Robert in the castle was not makes

it an interesting piece of cinema.

Also some editing of the soundtrack using different versions of the songs was cool.

I'd like to see this version of TSRTS put to a high quality DVD just for kicks.

The band decided to reshoot some parts at Shepperton because camerawork of the original footage was unacceptable, not because there were gaps in between filmed portions.

Everything I've read has suggested both.

Well compare that quality to how RAH, Earls Court and Knebworth in, if Jimmy saw this quality fit it would of been the in the dvd no doubt, obviously it's not.

Jimmy (and the rest of the band) were barely involved in the production of DVD.

What do you mean? Master tapes of Earls Court and Seattle are almost of the same quality. The real reason why Seattle didn't appear on the DVD is that it wasn't multitracked.

You're right. Perhaps Page just didn't like the performance - or no multitracked audio?

The quality of Seattle is good, it could always show up in these new box sets.

What do you mean? Master tapes of Earls Court and Seattle are almost of the same quality. The real reason why Seattle didn't appear on the DVD is that it wasn't multitracked.

Earls Court is in a better condition than the master of Seattle there is no doubt, multitracked audio is a problem yes but it could of been overcame if he really wanted it out also , Seattle '77 is not only shot with video,meaning it wouldn't look any better in HD or Blu Ray it's also the worst out of the video shots of EC and Knebworth due to quality and no multi-track.

Everything I've read has suggested both.

Jimmy (and the rest of the band) were barely involved in the production of DVD.

That's ridiculous, a major Zeppelin release like the DVD and Jimmy had "barely" any hand in it?

Not at all from what I've read from what the producer said Jimmy had a lot of involvement and rightfully so.

That's ridiculous, a major Zeppelin release like the DVD and Jimmy had "barely" any hand in it?

Not at all from what I've read from what the producer said Jimmy had a lot of involvement and rightfully so.

Which producer? Kevin Shirley says otherwise. Song choice and editing decisions were left almost entirely in his hands.

Earls Court is in a better condition than the master of Seattle there is no doubt, multitracked audio is a problem yes but it could of been overcame if he really wanted it out also , Seattle '77 is not only shot with video,meaning it wouldn't look any better in HD or Blu Ray it's also the worst out of the video shots of EC and Knebworth due to quality and no multi-track.

Earls Court would appear to be better, we have no idea what the direct master looks like. Page has not released any live performance without multitracked audio (except for possibly BBC, and ignoring things like Danish TV and Supershow).

Page had no hands (or very little) in mixing of the songs, Shirley said that Page "didn't want to know" what he was doing/needed to do (splicing and mixing parts of other performances).

There is a great "out-take" and revised story line to The Song Remains the Same movie.

I remember seeing a copy where Maureen Plant gives Robert the sword on the beach and she is

in other scenes as well.

It also has variations of Jimmy's fantasy sequences as well as Jonsey but I don't think Bonham

had anything shot differently for the film.

Steven A. Jones would know more on the out-take version I am talking about. But the fact that

Maureen was used extensively and the hot blonde that meet Robert in the castle was not makes

it an interesting piece of cinema.

Also some editing of the soundtrack using different versions of the songs was cool.

I'd like to see this version of TSRTS put to a high quality DVD just for kicks.

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMStJLSuvOI

It would be cool to get a 2 disc set with an alternate cut of the film.

Earls Court would appear to be better, we have no idea what the direct master looks like. Page has not released any live performance without multitracked audio (except for possibly BBC, and ignoring things like Danish TV and Supershow).

Page had no hands (or very little) in mixing of the songs, Shirley said that Page "didn't want to know" what he was doing/needed to do (splicing and mixing parts of other performances).

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMStJLSuvOI

It would be cool to get a 2 disc set with an alternate cut of the film.

I don't believe that, I just can't see Jimmy doing that maybe I'm totally wrong though. The Song Remains the Same Outtakes got released in the eighties as "The First Cuts" with different fantasy sequences just like the Maureen one and that video you've just posted there, I've never actually seen the full outtakes though.

I don't believe that, I just can't see Jimmy doing that maybe I'm totally wrong though. The Song Remains the Same Outtakes got released in the eighties as "The First Cuts" with different fantasy sequences just like the Maureen one and that video you've just posted there, I've never actually seen the full outtakes though.

This isn't a legitimate release, is it?

That makes me happy to see that again. I have a feeling that some of the footage is just missing. Feeling. Speculation, obviously, right?

One day we will hopefully get a Live at the Madison Square Garder 2 disc DVD set. The footage was UNACCEPTABLE about 70% of the time, total, for the reels from each camera. As far as I have heard. Meaning most likely there are many camera angles rolling at any given point, they just aren't very entertaining. Head shots. Far away. Blah blah. The whole footage, including any alternate camera angles, has to be a real beauty.

And speaking of these new releases. Can anyone on this World Wide Web share ANY proof that Seattle wasn't multi-tracked? I don't think it was, but I wonder sometimes why people say it wasn't if I have never seen any proof? Proof does not = Jimmy or whoever said no multis were made. The fact that none have shown up doesn't = proof either. I think Jimi got robbed, and I think Jimi got stuff done behind his back as well.

Eddie Kramer was going to record a live album in 1977. After hearing a couple of shows, he concluded that the band was too sloppy at the time and decided the shelve the project. The result is that none of the 1977 shows were multitracked.

The band decided to reshoot some parts at Shepperton because camerawork of the original footage was unacceptable, not because there were gaps in between filmed portions.

I thought the story went: police investigation into the theft at the drake hotel and portions of the film were confiscated/taken and either lost somewhere or just never returned. That was their justification for the self indulgent fantasy sequences :)

That's in additions to the shepperton reshoots, due to poor quality of footage by stoned cameramen..

Lol, with all that said, wouldn't it have been easier to start from scratch and just film another show!

I thought the story went: police investigation into the theft at the drake hotel and portions of the film were confiscated/taken and either lost somewhere or just never returned. That was their justification for the self indulgent fantasy sequences :)

That's in additions to the shepperton reshoots, due to poor quality of footage by stoned cameramen..

Lol, with all that said, wouldn't it have been easier to start from scratch and just film another show!

Well if the rumours are true, they would of had Southampton filmed by July and a definite multi-track of the show, I'm sure Southampton was meant to be the concert for TSRTS anyway

Well if the rumours are true, they would of had Southampton filmed by July and a definite multi-track of the show, I'm sure Southampton was meant to be the concert for TSRTS anyway

It was definitely multitracked because the keyboard sounds appeared over the long beach stairway to heaven from HTWWW.

It would have been awesome if it was filmed, because I think it was a much better show.

Eddie Kramer was going to record a live album in 1977. After hearing a couple of shows, he concluded that the band was too sloppy at the time and decided the shelve the project. The result is that none of the 1977 shows were multitracked.

Well that's a bummer. I assume he must have been with them from the beginning of the tour when they were indeed pretty sloppy. If only he had joined the band during the middle of the second leg of the tour!

I don't think anyone has Pontiac there's never been a whisper or snippet about it and Seattle is degraded beyond belief, nothing from 77 video is ever gonna come out

Take a look at the thread on pro-shot footage, specifically the posts by Dallas Knebs. Plenty of stuff has come out that people didn't think was out there as well. Personally I would love another show from '77 on video, though I fear it would be like Seattle. All close ups and no shots of the audience because it would have been used for the video screens in the Silverdome.

Archived