New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Probably September or just in time for Christmas maybe...

I recall from one interview that any new boxed sets will not be out until later in 2013. I clearly recall that quote from Jimmy, just can't recall the magazine but it was one of the main guitar publications like Guitar World, or Mojo.

I don't buy that bullshit. What we know for sure is that the band had up to 8-10 cameramen for each of the three concerts. By the end of the third concert, the band had up to 6 hours of footage from each camera. How were they not able to come up with something that could have been composited into one 2-hour sequence?

If they did have that much footage, why was it not in the original film? Why the need for extensive re-shooting at Shepperton?

I would totally be flipping shit if Jimmy released a How the East Was Won. I doubt it will be only one concert, but if it's just like what HTWWW was, I'll be very happy.

This is my (somewhat) realistic dream list:

Led Zeppelin 1/LZ1 outtakes

Led Zeppelin 2/RAH with full SIBLY and Thank You (Heartbreaker edited to make it fit in) (audio)

Led Zeppelin 3/LZ3 outtakes (I would personally love a Bath mulititrack)

Led Zeppelin 4/Japan multitracks

HOTH/HOTH outtakes OR full MSG show with Thank You OR Southhampton multitracks

Physical Graffiti/"Best of Earls Court"

Presence/Presence outtakes

ITTOD/Best of Knebworth

Coda/Unreleased tracks (St. Tristan's Sword, Swan Song, etc.)

WHy is everyone going on about live shows, when this is about a re-release of the albums with hopefully a bit more *insight* and maybe a track or two added?

Why Live? Having in mind, we are talking about Led Zeppelin, the question sounds a bit odd.

Insight? I do not understand.

The Complete Studio Recordings and the 2008 SHM Japan remasters are more than enough for studio albums. We do not need another re-re-re-re-remasters. If there are a track or two each album, is more sensible to create an album like Coda with these outtakes, without coercing fans to buy another set of Zep discs.

These are not supposed to be "re-re-re-remasters". They are supposed to be brand new transfers. The last time these things were transferred was in either the 80's or the very early 90's. Technology has evolved leaps and bounds since then. Higher quality source transfers of the original masters (or what ever has survived) is not the same as an eq'ed re-release of an old transfer.

If I'm not mistaken, Page said that there would be some live stuff on these new releases. He also said there will be video and alternate mixes of songs.

I agree that the Japan shows and Earls Court deserve their own releases.

Anybody cautiously optimistic? I'd love a live release - but given the editing treatment in BBC sessions, HTWWW, even the RAH show was edited... I'd hate to get a great release only to have it butchered in the studio. There are some great soundboards out there, that when compared to an official release I go to the boot almost every time. Anybody else???

These are not supposed to be "re-re-re-remasters". They are supposed to be brand new transfers. The last time these things were transferred was in either the 80's or the very early 90's. Technology has evolved leaps and bounds since then. Higher quality source transfers of the original masters (or what ever has survived) is not the same as an eq'ed re-release of an old transfer.

If I'm not mistaken, Page said that there would be some live stuff on these new releases. He also said there will be video and alternate mixes of songs.

Yes he did say that. How much there will be...who knows? Will be interesting to see what shows or portions of are included.

I would think there would be at least a full cd of live material included with each album. But no info yet on the contents yet. Probably, find out soon. By August at latest probably. I would think the first album (Led Zeppelin I of course) will have it's release in October/early December later this year.

Waiting with baited breath,,,,as Robert once said!

I'm hoping the CD releases will sound just as good as the Mastered for iTunes versions and not something brickwalled to death.

So, basically, by the end of 2013, we are going to get newly remastered albums, each with bonus tracks and prolly some "new" live recordings etc... and its gonna be supported by few concerts (or even a tour) in 2014, since Robert is free to go that year? :))))).

Oh boys, this warms by balls!!!

;).

Once can dream, right?

I'm hoping the CD releases will sound just as good as the Mastered for iTunes versions and not something brickwalled to death.

^ This!

I hope I'm not wrong in assuming that what we'll get -- if/when we finally get it -- will be lossless transfers similar to, if not identical with, the MfiT versions. (Those have become my go-to versions for the albums, btw.)

So, basically, by the end of 2013, we are going to get newly remastered albums, each with bonus tracks and prolly some "new" live recordings etc... and its gonna be supported by few concerts (or even a tour) in 2014, since Robert is free to go that year? :))))).

Oh boys, this warms by balls!!!

;).

Once can dream, right?

I'm not sure we'll get anything by the end of 2013, but I suppose the year is young.

Keep dreaming about everything else. :P

Archived