New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Dude, it's Zeppelin! Not to mention the fact that if they take their cues from Floyd, they might release discounted versions of the boxes - the main albums plus bare essentials when it comes to the extra tracks.

I'm sure Jimmy isn't remastering anything. Personally, having Zeppelin release something like a "Remastered from the original tapes" Box set with the same albums and a couple of new things would be a huge let down. People want things they haven't seen before, like a DVD with professional footage from Zeppelin's shows in the 70's, just like they did in the first DVD.

I'm sure Jimmy isn't remastering anything. Personally, having Zeppelin release something like a "Remastered from the original tapes" Box set with the same albums and a couple of new things would be a huge let down. People want things they haven't seen before, like a DVD with professional footage from Zeppelin's shows in the 70's, just like they did in the first DVD.

Good to know - I'm sure you'll be proven wrong, especially considering the fact that they've already used all the terms, so, unless they're lying to our faces...

Jimmy has explicity stated in one interview (and its implied that he's done the same in the Mojo article) that the work he's currently doing has nothing to do with live material - so, be ready to be disappointed, I guess! I don't understand why people are overreacting and being pre-emptively disappointed, given the fact that we currently have no idea what will be included on these, and also given the potential for what we could be gifted: Think about it...alternate takes, unreleased songs, hi-res versions of the albums...sounds like an absolute treasure trove to me, but I guess it wouldn't be the internet if there wasn't a heavy degree of cynicism and/or the "gimme-exactly-what-I-want-baww-I-hate-you-yet-love-you"-attitude.

Basically...just wait and see what becomes of all this before you bitch and complain about it. If, in the end, you don't want it, great - speak with your money (or lack thereof)!

we are a market, that is all

...........a market???.......I would certainly disagree with that assessment........we are not Stones fans......or Beatles fans......Jimmy Page never "milked his market" for all we are worth here in the Zeppelin community (and TRUST ME- I'd have no problem if he HAD!)........but it is disrespectful to suggest he has.......because, in spite of what those scumbag hypocrites over at Rolling Stone magazine have written FOREVER.....concerning Zeppelin......fact is they NEVER SOLD OUT......in fact they are the ONLY MAJOR ARTIST......in the LAST CENTURY.......who HASN'T............................

...........a market???.......I would certainly disagree with that assessment........we are not Stones fans......or Beatles fans......Jimmy Page never "milked his market" for all we are worth here in the Zeppelin community (and TRUST ME- I'd have no problem if he HAD!)........but it is disrespectful to suggest he has.......because, in spite of what those scumbag hypocrites over at Rolling Stone magazine have written FOREVER.....concerning Zeppelin......fact is they NEVER SOLD OUT......in fact they are the ONLY MAJOR ARTIST......in the LAST CENTURY.......who HASN'T............................

I wouldn't say they "never sold out" - every artist sells out the moment they're profitable.

.......oh, yeah???.......well, how 'bout an EXAMPLE??????.........

...No need to get all defensive - they certainly haven't gone to the extremes of a band such as The Rolling Stones, but Zeppelin seemed quite apt at maximizing sales and profit (at least back in their hayday). They've re-released the entire catalogue thrice (twice on CD, once on vinyl) within the past two decades, and have released at least six compilations in that time.

I do believe that the music was the main impetus during their career as an acting band - in that sense, they never sold out: They didn't pump out music with the sole aim of making money. Nevertheless, money was definitely a major factor in the Led Zeppelin game, and to discount it (and its tempting power) entirely would be a mistake.

You don't fucking know what you're talking about. Zeppelin slaughters The Rolling Stones in sales.

Led Zeppelin:

Total available certified units: 134.1 million

Claimed sales: 300 million

The Rolling Stones

Total available certified units: 89.5 million

Claimed sales: 200 million

...No need to get all defensive - they certainly haven't gone to the extremes of a band such as The Rolling Stones, but Zeppelin seemed quite apt at maximizing sales and profit (at least back in their hayday). They've re-released the entire catalogue thrice (twice on CD, once on vinyl) within the past two decades, and have released at least six compilations in that time.

I do believe that the music was the main impetus during their career as an acting band - in that sense, they never sold out: They didn't pump out music with the sole aim of making money. Nevertheless, money was definitely a major factor in the Led Zeppelin game, and to discount it (and its tempting power) entirely would be a mistake.

........wouldn't you agree that......there's a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.......between "maximizing sales"......and "selling out"???

You don't fucking know what you're talking about. Zeppelin slaughters The Rolling Stones in sales.

Led Zeppelin:

The Rolling Stones

...........there is OH SO LITTLE.......that I do "not know what the fuck I'm talking about"......when it comes to Led Zeppelin......for Christ sake, there's 10 yr old CHILDREN OUT THERE......dipshit......that understand Led Zeppelin have far outsold the Stones......and, in fact- on a "per release" basis.....for any act that's got at least ten different releases out there....they are actually the best-selling act of ALL TIME.......dipshit.....the POINT I'M MAKINGis- WTF does any of that have to do with "selling out"???.......dipshit........

In total agreement with you! That's the way (That's the way it will be!) I've always felt about this in what JP has been conducting his time. Always feast or famine and we will have a huge, Thanksgiving like feast with Celebration Day, the album box sets (with unreleased material) and a Jimmy Page solo album, probably next Fall. Things are certainly looking good in Zep world and how can you complain? :thumbsup::banana::chickeddance::yay:

Can we have something new bought all the old stuff 5 times already .Theres nothing left excepy bootlegs he keeps telling jason about thats next release. How bout a tour jimmy play alongside with kiss if u have too .

Led Zeppelin:

The Rolling Stones

.......oh, yeah???.......well, how 'bout an EXAMPLE??????.........

Listen led zeppelin always sold out and the last few years they still selling out .Thats why they not touring they making so much money on there past music they dont need to tour and make money on tour they got suckers like me who keep buying there old shit lol .And ill keep on being that sucker .

I can only hope that it is something rare. I would love to see video of more live shows back in the 70's (prefer 1968-1975). Rehearsals, that alone would be so interesting for true fans of this music IMHO.

This is only my opinion, and I love them all, but one thing you can say about Robert is he has NEVER sold out. People say negative things about him (same people who IMHO do not look at the big picture). JPJ has also remained a class act. Then there is Jimmy, there can be no doubt about his devotion to the music he created from 1968-1980. :peace:

I guess all we can do is wait and see!

........wouldn't you agree that......there's a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.......between "maximizing sales"......and "selling out"???

Once you're the big fish, the difference doesn't really matter.

.......strange Zeppelin fans, man, I'll tell ya.......we've got this amazing Celebration Day release(s) coming out......and then a WATERSHED box-set release next year.......and you Zep-fanatics are talking about SELLING OUT????????????......WTF..........

It's a semantic argument. There's no need for the profanity, Tony - you sound like one of those ten year-olds you mentioned.

I can only hope that it is something rare. I would love to see video of more live shows back in the 70's (prefer 1968-1975). Rehearsals, that alone would be so interesting for true fans of this music IMHO.

I guess all we can do is wait and see!

From a recent interview with Jimmy Page (conducted by Static Media):

But although everything I’d been doing is something that’s musical, doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s playing the guitar, do you see what I mean? Like, you can imagine with all of this, this relative to the O2, and there’s some other things that are going on. Like the sort of re-mastering of the catalog and this sort of stuff. It’s all stuff that is highly musical, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that you could sit there and play the guitar at the same time. So I’m going to be working with musicians I sincerely hope by… well, into next year. And then hopefully surface by the end of that year. [...] But there’s been a lot of Led Zeppelin work to be done. And to have done up to this point, and to be done as well. But after that I should do it [play live]… no, this is all studio stuff, nothing to do with any live stuff. So, you know, sort of revisiting the vaults.

Any live material will have to wait, unfortunately...hopefully we'll see something following the release of the remastered studio material.

Once you're the big fish, the difference doesn't really matter.

It's a semantic argument. There's no need for the profanity, Tony. You sound like one of those ten year-olds you mentioned.

.............who the fuck ARE YOU to tell me anything???????.......and please find me any ten yr old kid that sounds like ME, buddy........cause I'd rather hang out with him / her........then listen to you politically correct semantic-speaking types.........you certainly don't sound like a Zeppelin fan.............more like some shithead Dave Matthews fan.................

.............who the fuck ARE YOU to tell me anything???????.......and please find me any ten yr old kid that sounds like ME, buddy........cause I'd rather hang out with him / her........then listen to you politically correct semantic-speaking types.........you certainly don't sound like a Zeppelin fan.............more like some shithead Dave Matthews fan.................

You have some anger issues, don't you, Tony? I'm trying to play down the issue, yet you keep resorting to profanity and making assumptions/casting aspersions about who I am.

I don't have to prove my fanaticism to you - it's evident to the people I care about in my life, and that's enough.

Btw: We should stop hijacking the thread...

You have some anger issues, don't you, Tony? I'm trying to play down the issue, yet you keep resorting to profanity and making assumptions/casting aspersions about who I am.

I don't have to prove my fanaticism to you - it's evident to the people I care about in my life, and that's enough.

Btw: We should stop hijacking the thread...

................"You sound like one of those ten year-olds you mentioned"

..............so.......that......was how you were attempting to "play down the issue"?????......where do they grow people like you?????.........is there some kind of PC cookie-cutter machine over in Kanata??????.......good god.........

Listen led zeppelin always sold out and the last few years they still selling out .Thats why they not touring they making so much money on there past music they dont need to tour and make money on tour they got suckers like me who keep buying there old shit lol .And ill keep on being that sucker .

Hi BIGGERFAN,

How on earth can you say this^^ They rarely did interviews, put out an album with no name (which by the way need I say more?) Robert turned down a bank vault full of money (I still say he will be extremely respected for wanting to keep the legacy intact).

Back On Topic: All I can say is I am looking forward to it. One thing about them is you never know :)

...they still selling out .Thats why they not touring...

negative Ghost Rider

they are not touring because:

1. at least one of them believes that Led Zeppelin while relevent today belongs to time/era that is no more

(60+ yr old strapping on leather pants w/open shirt singing Communication Breakdown doesn't seem like a fit compared to 70's in appearance AND performance)

2. out of respect to Bonham and his family they cannot continue as they were

insofar as the remastering goes- Kevin Shirley is not involved so this may actually be worth while.

Bearing in mind that the work Jimmy's doing has nothing to do with live material, how likely does anyone think it that we'll receive hi-res (digital) versions of the discography?

I would hope that we do. As I have said, it's time for the definitive catalog releases. The Beatles and Pink Floyd have done it already.

I don't know why he would include video on a catalog reissue? The attraction to this release is we are supposedly getting bonus unreleased tracks. That is technically new/unreleased stuff even if we might have some of it in bootleg form already.

Archived