New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

^

^

^

That's it! I have this on the Cabala boxset I bought back in 95'. They may have attempted this in the studio. That may be the reason Plant asked to leave it at the beginning of the tape, so they could come back to it the next time they were in the studio. It could have been born while on tour.

What about the song "The Light Bearer?"

I know The Light Bearer was something Page was working on for the Lucifer Rising movie. I don't remember hearing The Light Bearer anywhere on the web, though.

Isn't it a Page song?

He had that reserved for the Lucifer Rising project. It may have been something he wanted to continue on with in Led Zeppelin. I have never heard that song anywhere on the internet. Have you???

Do other members appear on that song?

Geezer, it definitely sounds like Bonham on drums and Jones on organ/bass! Seriously, it sounds like the three of them. I say three because there isn't vocals on any of the 8 takes.

Geezer, it definitely sounds like Bonham on drums and Jones on organ/bass! Seriously, it sounds like the three of them. I say three because there isn't vocals on any of the 8 takes.

Those are definitely Page only and had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin, it is the original soundtrack for Kenneth Anger's Lucifer Rising. Apparently Page took too long to deliver the soundtrack so Anger got Bobby Beausoleil who was in prison at the time to record the soundtrack. Page released it all on vinyl in the not so recent past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-XWAI6yKQ

if the definition of a "song" is rigid- meaning completely written, recorded, produced, named and put in the can- that's one thing.

if the definition of a "song" is anything other than the above, that's completely another.

Why? Miles of tape do exist. Pre-demo, demo, roughed out tracks, alternate takes, semi-finished takes and the gamut in between. Uncirculated, un-official tapes of live performances exist, some are of outstanding quality. Some uncirculated tapes exist and are nearly broadcast quality of some of the most bootlegged shows. I have given up trying to reason out why people refuse to make these available.

Personally it is enjoyable to hear it all. I find myself hoping against hope that we are surprised at the content when they become available.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know all this? I'm just curious and am eager for more info re uncirculated recordings!

Those are definitely Page only and had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin, it is the original soundtrack for Kenneth Anger's Lucifer Rising. Apparently Page took too long to deliver the soundtrack so Anger got Bobby Beausoleil who was in prison at the time to record the soundtrack. Page released it all on vinyl in the not so recent past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-XWAI6yKQ

Another one that's going to give me a history lesson on something I already know - everyone out here has to prove they have the bigger cock, huh?

Anyways...

The video you post is NOT what I'm speaking of. Do you have the Cabala boxset? I say no, otherwise you wouldn't have posted what you did. There is a song/track on the Cabala boxset called The Light Bearer. I can talk about it because I HAVE IT AND HAVE LISTENED TO IT MANY, MANY TIMES. I forget which take it is, I believe take #7, and it is defintiely Bonham on drums and Jones on organ/bass.

Another one that's going to give me a history lesson on something I already know - everyone out here has to prove they have the bigger cock, huh?

Anyways...

The video you post is NOT what I'm speaking of. Do you have the Cabala boxset? I say no, otherwise you wouldn't have posted what you did. There is a song/track on the Cabala boxset called The Light Bearer. I can talk about it because I HAVE IT AND HAVE LISTENED TO IT MANY, MANY TIMES. I forget which take it is, I believe take #7, and it is defintiely Bonham on drums and Jones on organ/bass.

That's pretty uncalled for behaviour.

This box set isn't available anywhere on the net, all the links are dead/files removed. Could you upload the track to youtube so that we can hear it?

I've never uploaded anything on youtube. I'll give it a shot sometime this week.

That Cabala boxset is very old now and has just probably called one of the jams on that are on the Antrabata 11CD Box Set between them "The Light Bearer"

Most of the takes of The Light Bearer are not with all the instruments. Many of them are of Page playing, trying to shape some wicked, hair raising sounds, etc., etc. It was definitely being worked out for his Lucifer Rising project.

Anyways...

That's rather melodramatic, isn't it?

Anyway, tom kid is correct -- insofar as Lucifer Rising being a solo Page project. Based on the mp3s I'm currently downloading, "Take Five" (track 9, only 34 seconds long) could be an early or alternate version of "Unharmonics."

I have to say, the tracks don't really sound...genuine to me, though. I'd go so far as to say that these are definitely not Page, Bonham, and Jones. These tracks are probably either from Bobby Beausoleil's soundtrack, or faked for the release.

Anyway, tom kid is correct -- insofar as Lucifer Rising being a solo Page project. Based on the mp3s I'm currently downloading, "Take Five" (track 9, only 34 seconds long) could be an early or alternate version of "Unharmonics."

I have to say, the tracks don't really sound...genuine to me, though. I'd go so far as to say that these are definitely not Page, Bonham, and Jones. These tracks are probably either from Bobby Beausoleil's soundtrack, or faked for the release.

Lucifer Rising Part 5 sounds too much like Bonham on drums and Page on guitar.

I believe it's impossible to get the complete story surrounding the Lucifer Rising soundtrack. I strongly believe some of Page's stuff was used with what Beausoleil came up with, regardless of what Page or Anger say.

Archived