New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

But until your guy shows us all... :P

Is it?

I will let him answer and vouch for himself as I am not in a place of declaring something authentic or otherwise. Maybe foolishly so, am 100% confident that these will be available beyond the private circles and hoarders someday. Over the years I have seen my collection expand to include shows that I was convinced did not exist. Now YouTube is only a click away thankfully.

zurich_zpsf19ddc5d.jpg

I will let him answer and vouch for himself as I am not in a place of declaring something authentic or otherwise.

The question is: Will this mysterious person step forward?

Frankly, if the person is in possession of such material, the "right" thing to do would be to present it to the surviving members of Led Zeppelin.

correct and I expect that Vienna and Cologne are as well.

Frankly, if the person is in possession of such material, the "right" thing to do would be to present it to the surviving members of Led Zeppelin.

agreed. I cannot imagine though that any members of the band being at a loss to gather and collect anything that they want already. ... except a Black Beauty Les Paul which hasn't found it's way home yet.

correct and I expect that Vienna and Cologne are as well.

agreed. I cannot imagine though that any members of the band being at a loss to gather and collect anything that they want already. ... except a Black Beauty Les Paul which hasn't found it's way home yet.

Haha, now that would be quite the find!

This doesn't make any sense at all. Assuming the logo on the first photo is Shirley's, doesn't that automatically mean that the tapes are in Jimmy's possession?

You seem to be right -- I might be getting all confused about who showed who what. (The second pic would appear to be Knebs' source, since the Caveman's sigil is missing.)

doesn't that automatically mean that the tapes are in Jimmy's possession?

Yes.

As Shirley is quoted as say they viewed and reviewed tapes from 1968-1980. That is not a misquote or a mistake. The only things Caveman had to work with was provided at the hands of Jimmy Page. They came from Page.

"Tapes from 1968" is a vague statement. Multi-tracked audio might exist, but there's really no proof either way -- I'm calling Knebs' bluff on this one.

I find it highly unlikely that a band that had not even released a studio album would multitrack a show.

I tend to hold someone as credible when they are held in so high a regard as to be trusted by Jimmy Page to work on Led Zeppelin projects. HTTWW and TSRTS are huge projects for Led Zeppelin. While my tastes diverge from Caveman's tastes, Jimmy Page could have selected anyone he wanted. That's trust. That's good enough for me. I am no one to try to discredit another. Shirley did not give details on tapes from 1968 whether they be multitracked. I would guess mono. I own a handful of tapes from this era (none Led Zeppelin) and they are each mono. Excellent quality, just mono. Sometimes mono sounds better to me anyway.

As a fan, I am not so important to think that I have to believe that something exists- in order for it to actually exist. I just enjoy and share what is available to me. The last 10 years has been a wonderful experience with all the new boots and label releases. Looking forward to many, many more.

What makes you think Shirley implied that there are tapes from 1968? He just said "1968-1980" to refer to the band's entire history. Doesn't automatically mean that he's in possession of anything from 1968. Don't forget that he once erroneously referred to the RAH show as 1969.

Sounds like a complete bullshit.

If it was anyone other than Gene, then I'd take it slightly seriously.

Still a strange post though. That guitar was used for studio recordings that were released. Is he talking about unreleased Led Zeppelin material or Jimmy Page solo material? This must have been at the same time as the Esquire Magazine photo shoot, it's the guitar that was in the bed there.

Archived