New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I can't escape this feeling that there will be one song - amid a bunch of familiar material - that will be a pristine recording from a live show no one's ever heard before, and instead of enjoying it, everyone will immediately start crying "Where's the rest?" :D

Just a hunch, of course, but a strong one. We'll see

I'm not entirely sure about the degree to which artists have control over pricing. I'd expect vinyl reissues to be set at the normal going rate -- anywhere from $20-$30.

That's where I'm comfortable with! :yesnod:

I can't escape this feeling that there will be one song - amid a bunch of familiar material - that will be a pristine recording from a live show no one's ever heard before, and instead of enjoying it, everyone will immediately start crying "Where's the rest?" :D

Just a hunch, of course, but a strong one. We'll see

We could only be so lucky. I too am hoping these releases drop a couple of bombs.

so has there been anything new about this? Or is it still 57 pages of speculation and bickering about remastering?

There was a secondhand report of a "stop order' sent to retailers. If that's true, then they will be coming out sometime near the end of the year.

Other than that.....no :P

If these new versions measure up to the Pink Floyd Immersion sets or the 2009 Beatles Remasters I'll be happy...

Still like the ol' vinyl for the studio stuff, though, especially Presence and the third album.

Well it September, maybe we will start getting some info...

Possibly, quite soon, now that one of the world's biggest music retailers is out of the cds now. So it would be safe to say, that they're not being produced as the newly re-mastered ones will replace them.

Possibly, quite soon, now that one of the world's biggest music retailers is out of the cds now. So it would be safe to say, that they're not being produced as the newly re-mastered ones will replace them.

Well that is good news, hopefully we hear something soon(ish).

is this Texas Pop '69? From Eddie Kramer's site

http://kramerarchives.3dcartstores.com/DRIVING-FORCE_p_67.html

http://kramerarchives.3dcartstores.com/TEXAS-HAT_p_70.html

I think, if Eddie Kramer, the guy who recorded the audio for HTWWW and TSRTS, was at Texas in '69, we may be getting that soon. Check out his Facebook page. I won't be surprised if we get Texas Pop officially, and soon.

is this Texas Pop '69? From Eddie Kramer's site

http://kramerarchives.3dcartstores.com/DRIVING-FORCE_p_67.html

http://kramerarchives.3dcartstores.com/TEXAS-HAT_p_70.html

I think, if Eddie Kramer, the guy who recorded the audio for HTWWW and TSRTS, was at Texas in '69, we may be getting that soon. Check out his Facebook page. I won't be surprised if we get Texas Pop officially, and soon.

I don't get over to Facebook very often but I took your advice wilsoncb420 and visited Eddie Kramer's Facebook Page and found it a very nice place to visit! Thank you for the tip. As far as getting Texas Pop, I've no idea but it's a very nice thought. Looking forward to whatever we're getting in the new boxsets!

interesting how he is mentioning Page and LZ so much on his Facebook. And, the Texas Pop poster. Etc etc

edit: my last post was pretty much implying that Kramer's photos may be slight evidence of recorded shows. He didn't just follow LZ around, afaik. He usually went to record the band.

Well...Led Zeppelin IV is back in stock at Amazon (but it will apparently take a few extra days processing). I'm wondering if maybe they have some old stock at a different distribution center.

...Or if the rumour was just that? :(

Regarding Eddie...I find it highly unlikely that he was involved in recording the Texas Pop Festival -- that fact would have been mentioned by someone (especially himself) sometime in the past. Plus, Jimmy doesn't match what he was wearing that night, anyway.

Apparently, Eddie claimed to have recorded the band's 1969.10.17 concert at Carnegie Hall.

i hope that IF HE IS doing this, that like someone said above, they avoid filling it with postcards and posters and all that extraneous nonsense. Anyone that would foot the coin to buy this stuff nowadays, these collector's special edition items, only cares about whatever additional music they can provide.....who knows, maybe he's working on a massive undertaking and is doing each album with some corresponding studio outtakes as well as live tracks of those songs from that album played in different eras of the band. It's all a matter of what page can pull from soundboards and multi-tracked stuff that he has.

For example, with Led Zeppelin II, you've got songs like heartbreaker and whole lotta love that the band played all throughout their career. Therefore it would be cool to include multiple live versions of those songs say, WLL from the early 70s and then a version from the late 70s to show just the different phases of the band. Could be interesting if that's the avenue he decides to go down....

as for bonus dvd's, guess the holy grail would be seeing what he's got in the can in terms of stuff from 1977, plus any other stuff he feels like he can remaster and get to releasable quality. I will say, was always disappointed that on the Led Zep dvd in 2003 they didn't include No Quarter considering that was always JPJ's showcase, would be nice to get a full version of that on dvd beyond what we can already find on youtube.

THANK YOU KENTICUS.Finally someone else was very disapointed about the omission of No Quarter. What a bummer. This is my all time favorite live song performed by Zep!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived