New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Thanks For My Life as well!

Plus I wonder what Jimmy thinks about Robert giving this much away. ;)

He didn't really give much away -- Jimmy would probably be happy that he acknowledged the project to be on-going, without going into any sticky details about when we'll get them.

Robert baking the tapes.

Source? (If so, thanks Glyn.)

This is all hilarious, but the article is incorrect, I think.

I think from his interview it is JPJ that is fighting the release of his singing, not JP.

I really believe this is all said very, very tongue in cheek! He loves baiting the media! Ha!

Gotta love Robert! :P

Robert baking the tapes.

I wonder where that came from....

:hysterical: Genius!

Sheer genius.

Wasn't sure if baking the tapes was a figure of speech, but I understand it's an accurate description of what is often done with old tapes.

Thanks for the positive reaction, I'm never quite sure how my photoshops will be received :P

Yes, baking tapes is done to basically re-activate the binding agent on certain types of tapes. If you try to play a tape that's gone sticky it will simply turn into a ball of mush on the tape guides/heads. Hopefully they baked the tapes and then immediately digitally archived them because baking is only a temporary solution.

He didn't really give much away -- Jimmy would probably be happy that he acknowledged the project to be on-going, without going into any sticky details about when we'll get them.

That's true. I am sure Robert said just enough without giving too much away. :)

Makes one wonder why, after 33 years post Zep, Robert and Jimmy have just gotten around

to "baking the 1/4" tapes" in their possession. ..why?

The million dollar question - 33 years people.

And I remember when the "Box Set 2" came out Jimmy claimed there were no more leftovers. Oh, Jimmy!

Makes one wonder why, after 33 years post Zep, Robert and Jimmy have just gotten around

to "baking the 1/4" tapes" in their possession. ..why?

The million dollar question - 33 years people.

That's, like, three minutes in Zeppelin time.

Well, as far as CD sales go, I have an insider in EMI and Universal and they say that CDs are basically dead and that nobody sells CDs anymore We might be looking at an online digital release, and that in wich case I wouldn't like that to happen because I completely loathe mp3 and digital formats.

I would like to see Zeppelin invest in Vinyl though.

:huh:

CD sales may not be what they were 10 years ago, but they are still sold. I don't know where you live or where your insider is, but "nobody sells CDs anymore" is a bunch of malarkey.

Besides, it doesn't make sense to release Deluxe Box Sets in a digital only format. How can it be a "box set" if there is no cd/album and box to house them in?

:huh:

CD sales may not be what they were 10 years ago, but they are still sold. I don't know where you live or where your insider is, but "nobody sells CDs anymore" is a bunch of malarkey.

Besides, it doesn't make sense to release Deluxe Box Sets in a digital only format. How can it be a "box set" if there is no cd/album and box to house them in?

Exactly. And magerouge can't be seriously suggesting that vinyl is less of a niche market than CDs.

and I guess I need DVD's or CD's,I dont have a ipod...or want one

I am screwed if they do not come out on vinyl. I don't even have a CD player - just a DVD player. Every thing I own in on vinyl.

I think I'll tweet Mr. Betty Crocker and see if he will answer a vinyl question.

Archived