New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Jimmy Page has suffered from a total lack of artistic output over the years since 1980 - period.

Robert Plant stands as the only true representative of creative spark within the remaining Zeppelin Camp - period.

The fact that Jimmy IS the Kepper of the Zeppelin Flame - True! Otherwise why spend so much time

re-recording the oft-times re-recorded Zeppelin Library...

I love Jimmy but cannot put any spin on his lack of Individual creativity and new product for his fans.

That said - What Jimmy has done to preserve the Record of Led Zeppelin is invaluable.

Let's face it "We are not on Zeppelin Time" so the years have passed so slowly while waiting for Jimmy to be, well - Jimmy.

I LOVE how you put period after every sentence, as if it's the truth and law...which-your DEAD WRONG with just about everything you said. And you also forgot JPJ and all the contributions he's made, from producing records to making his own, which are too much to list (and it wouldn't change your mind anyway) Robert Plant has moved forward and established a lucrative career and has had the most success in that respect. As for Jimmy, do you even own a Firm album, or The Outrider album, or any Page/Plant stuff, and what about Coverdale/Page or The BBC sessions, HTWWW/DVD/CD....etc....???? Or did you not appreciate those releases?

So your saying that all the precious Zeppelin material released AFTER 1980 has been invaluable....?????

I also don't understand your point of argument, when my post holds true to the fact that Jimmy IS the caretaker/overseer of all Zeppelin material released in the past (BBC sessions, HTWWW, etc) and hopefully distant future...which you agreed with-so what's all the fuss about?

Because it hasn't happened in YOUR time frame?

Jimmy Page has suffered from a total lack of artistic output over the years since 1980 - period.

Robert Plant stands as the only true representative of creative spark within the remaining Zeppelin Camp - period.

The fact that Jimmy IS the Kepper of the Zeppelin Flame - True! Otherwise why spend so much time

re-recording the oft-times re-recorded Zeppelin Library...

I love Jimmy but cannot put any spin on his lack of Individual creativity and new product for his fans.

That said - What Jimmy has done to preserve the Record of Led Zeppelin is invaluable.

Let's face it "We are not on Zeppelin Time" so the years have passed so slowly while waiting for Jimmy to be, well - Jimmy.

I think the truth is somehow in the middle but in relistening to Robert's catalog, Shaken and Stirred... and his early 80's haircut was the only thing I didnt like....At the same timeI think its hard to be the world's best guitarist without a voice and some of the voices he tried like Coverdale just weren't in his musical stratosphere. Robert has indeed maintained a sense of experimentation in recent years that none of the older rockers have to my ears...I wish jimmy would do the equivalent of a true unplugged but that MTV no longer exists that gave us Nirvana Unplugged and page/ Plant was sort of half and half. I know I am more interested to see what kind of sounds are on a new Plant cd than overpriced remasters(if they are like Immersion) but Jimmy will always be my favorite guitaist...maybe being keeper of the Zep flame is equally valuable and relevant and no I don't really have an affinity for JPJ since his work with "Paul" McCartney in the 80's. I think there was a reason he wasn't asked to be part of Page /Plant's albums and tours

Keep in mind good folk that we are talking about 32 YEARS since Zeppelin ended. 32 years is a life time to most.

Considering what Jimmy has done in that time, and yes I DO know the Firm, saw them live 3 times, and Cover-all / Page,

and ALL of Jimmy's Outrider/solo stuff, what he has actually put out is very, very small in that time frame. Admit it!

I am a long time fan of Page, believe me, I love the man and his works, no matter how little since Zep.

But he needs to put his mark on history as an individual musician without Zep as his canvas. Like Robert has, good or not so,

in his solo vocalist career.

Not a hater - just a realist.

This just sounds like a remastering much like the remastering of the Complete Studio Recordings.

The other articles hint at (or state) the possible inclusion of bonus tracks - which is really what has people excited at all, aside from the possibility of hi-res versions of the albums.

There's an awful lot of passion in this thread, which is nice, but surely we should be celebrating in the light of this tantalisingly audio-orgasmic news?

O my brothers, my sisters, let us unite against our common enemy. The Judean People's Front? No, no, Simon Cowell. Oh, right.

Yeah I didnt mean to slag JPJ that bad...I simply didn't miss him when Page /Plant were at their best...If Jimmy's one legacy is Zep and his work there it still may be as great a legacy as any in rock...I thought a cd with Jack White and the Edge(WITHOUT U2) might have been interesting...as their doc was pretty interesting to me especially at 6.99 for blu ray. I guess the whole 600 dollar book thing was frustrating cuz I couldnt get one but these remasters might be somwehere in the middle price wise If they are like the Floyd sets then it's a "no" from me for financial reasons...I have bought the catalog on vinyl once and 3 times on cd...that's it barring something really amazing and affordable. He ought to do a standalone 4 or 5 disc set like the upcoming Sandy Denny rarities culled from her 19 disc set with just the best of the unreleased stuff...

BTW I liked the Firm's first album a lot

got into a "discussion" over breakfast about the re-re-re-mastering and re-re-re-re-release of the catalogue. The cut and quick of it was this- "move yourself out of the center for a moment- quit crowding it. It makes sense that new listeners and fans are finding a haven in LZ for what honest music is and Page sees an opportunity to provide them with the best quality he can to give them the best representation of the band. He may not be doing this for you as much."

Celebration Day is a beacon.

iTunes + mp3 is a bain and Jimmy is going to war. Just a guess...

Anyone diminishing JPJ's input in Led Zeppelin and post projects(insane 2 solo albums+arranging tons of bands+ constantly performing at blues/jazz fests+opera+TCV+Seasick Steve(he's in studio with him atm doing 2nd album)) has no clue about musicianship and thus must STFU.

/end rant

Bottom line-we NEED proper remastered versions of their catalogue in mp3 format. Current ones do no justice to band-a lot of those 'small',intricate notes and whatnot simply got cut down.

Speaking of Page-he needs to do something outside Zeppelin legacy. Last thing he did something like that was in past - 12 years ago.

Its 21st cenctury and a lot has changed-music and musicians themselves. It would be interesting how he fits un modern framework.

Elderer don't you think this is just it...

Do you think Page's skillset and gifting operates within the current music consumer mores of consume and dispose? It was a reach post-Zeppelin for Page to get the to point in a 15 second solo. Walking into Clarksdale is outstanding in achievements yet is still mostly undiscovered by the general population.

Celebration Day is going a long, long way to breaking new ground and opening new possibilities for Page both in the studio and live.

Its 21st cenctury and a lot has changed-music and musicians themselves. It would be interesting how he fits un modern framework.

Anyone diminishing JPJ's input in Led Zeppelin and post projects(insane 2 solo albums+arranging tons of bands+ constantly performing at blues/jazz fests+opera+TCV+Seasick Steve(he's in studio with him atm doing 2nd album)) has no clue about musicianship and thus must STFU.

/end rant

Bottom line-we NEED proper remastered versions of their catalogue in mp3 format. Current ones do no justice to band-a lot of those 'small',intricate notes and whatnot simply got cut down.

You may want MP3s but nobody needs them. and they will never do justice to those "small intricate notes and whatnot" that you mention.....MP3s ughh..the thought makes me shudder...No thank you.

If we're talking about re releases of Zeppelin, why won't they remaster the LPs and actually release them how they were intended to be listened: on vynil.

Just a thought. I hate mp3 and hope Jimmy won't go with that crappy format.

If we're talking about re releases of Zeppelin, why won't they remaster the LPs and actually release them how they were intended to be listened: on vynil.

Just a thought. I hate mp3 and hope Jimmy won't go with that crappy format.

And what alternatives there are to mp3?

Its digital age and its not going anywhere.

I'll rather get official mp3 releases than some poor quality rips.

And what alternatives there are to mp3?

Its digital age and its not going anywhere.

I'll rather get official mp3 releases than some poor quality rips.

With that sort of attitude of accepting low quality lossy music as the norm, we're screwed. You need to get your hearing checked mate cos your fuckin' going deaf

If the "STFU" was abt JPJ and what I said ...don't talk that way...over musical opinions? I didn't say he was awful just that Page /Plant didnt miss him in the 90's....why would u be so oppositional defiant as to abbreviate an obscenity...wow over someone's pretty meaningless opinion(mine)

Vinyl is undoubtedly the best format and I still have quite a few "records", LZ(4) and PG in particular that I replaced after my collection of some 400 albums were "lost" during a move some 30 years ago.

Flac isn't much better than mp3 but I would rather listen to them than nothing at all.

Pono will be interesting to hear when it comes out. Will it be available in multi format or a new format entirely?

Blame the record companies for the decline and almost extinction of vinyl in favour of CD's.

Want to know why fuel is so expensive (apart from the greed factor)?

Vinyl records are / were an oil byproduct, since the cost of disposing the billions of litres / tons of material that produced records instead of making a profit from the music industry, the oil companies lost millions of dollars in revenue and have to recoup their losses at the pump.

If the sets are reasonably priced I'm in.

MP3's basically throw away information while a compressed wav (FLAC), as long as it sourced from a lossless wav, does not. It will always be inherently better. Vinyl sounds better as long as it isn't damaged and you have your table set up correctly. Also, low vinyl record production is to blame for high gas prices? That's absolutely preposterous.

It would be nice to have a 24/96 FLAC option for people who are looking for higher resolution digital files.

Archived