New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I thought Jimmy "threw" together the tracks for CODA to satisfy a contractual agreement with Atlantic Records?

No one from the Band really liked CODA due to the messy sampling of tracks and some poor production that all agreed were below Zeppelin standards.

If the contract fulfillment was the basis for CODA - can't Jimmy be forgiven for his editing of live or studio tracks?

That said, We're Gonna Groove is miles better than Darlene or Ozone Baby IMO...

WGG and ICQYB are the only decent tracks on Coda, the rest is just dull uninspiring filler that should have stayed in the can. Mind you good job those filler tracks are already out and not lined up for the forthcoming releases, that would be a real pisser

enough of all the hearsay, what exactly do we know about the box sets? not much, so why the fighting?

Because we are anxious and stressed due to our expectations while waiting for something definitive from Jimmy regarding the Box Sets.

The press conference is in one week from today. Hopefully, a few of our questions will be answered.

Indeed. Until next week, it would sure be nice to see some activity on the FB site or home page of ledzeppelin.com. Don't know that it would be a countdown again like for Celebration Day, but something!

The press conference is in one week from today. Hopefully, a few of our questions will be answered.

Is there really a PC next week? I hope its not a PC about a upcoming PC - Anyway - my hopes are high as it seems that nothing has "leaked" yet so maybe we'll get a peak in the box as to what were actually going to get, hear some samples or see some long lost 16MM or Super 8MM footage. I'm hoping its been worth the wait! - Wait, anybody think the recently found Super 8MM from France & 16MM from Atlanta were actually leaked by someone on this project? In any case I can't wait to get my hands on this stuff.

There's a good chance that the "Day of Press" scheduled for the 20th of this month won't happen.

Jimmy may reschedule any press time due to the leaked info. It has to be on his terms. If not this month probably sometime in March.

There's a good chance that the "Day of Press" scheduled for the 20th of this month won't happen.

Jimmy may reschedule any press time due to the leaked info. It has to be on his terms. If not this month probably sometime in March.

Not sure if he'd delay it a month or whatever, because someone leaked info. The only thing that was leaked was the day of the press event and not specific details regarding the box sets. If these box sets are ready to go, I don't think he'd delay them for this reason. If he had to delay the press event quite some time, he'd obviously have to delay the sets as well, if they'd becoming out in March. Seems as though, that may be when we see the first of these sets. Just a guess!

Thanks for the info ! just look forward to it any time it happens then ! OK

I was just giving a friendly post that said 'Thanks !' it seems your out of line about my chat-'post'

Lisamarie, although it's true that my post about the Day of Press being delayed is my opinion and belief - your kindness and understanding of my intention is rare. You knew that I was just putting thought out there for conversation - like many posters do here - and you shouldn't be reprimanded by the hyper - critical sensors that jump on every post if it's not to their liking.

I just gave my thoughts and you followed up as you saw fit. It is your right to do so - freely and you were kind in your remarks. Others should follow suit.

I can Relate the post as information if I want- Theres nothing wrong with that........as you have suggested

Not to interfere, but I think that he was trying to help you by suggesting that nirvana was offering an opinion, as opposed to offering new information that was based on fact. This may be important for you to know, as most Zeppelin fans want the new release information as soon as possible, and it would be a shame if you tuned out until March, based on something that you thought was factual, but was really opinion. At least that's how I read the post. Both Walter and nirvana are good folks, and I doubt there was an intention to offend.

Not to interfere, but I think that he was trying to help you by suggesting that nirvana was offering an opinion, as opposed to offering new information that was based on fact. This may be important for you to know, as most Zeppelin fans want the new release information as soon as possible, and it would be a shame if you tuned out until March, based on something that you thought was factual, but was really opinion. At least that's how I read the post. Both Walter and nirvana are good folks, and I doubt there was an intention to offend.

I totally agree Dark Lord....no offense was intended I'm sure! It's the quick retort to lisamarie's comment that threw us off.

We need to have a free-flow forum and sometimes patience toward a commentary is required.

Walter read my post correctly but I also see lisamarie's post as a nice way to say "Hey - I gottcha and thanks...".

No harm done - all good peeps!

BTW - I hope I'm wrong and the Day of Press DOES happen on Feb. 20 !!

Archived