New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Not sure what to make of all of this AND the two nonsensical PM's received from "lisamarie".

I was only pointing out that it was your opinion, nirvava, and not a factual statement about changing the possible interview date from 2/20 to sometime in March.

I guess we will find out in 4 days, unless Sam knows something we don't.

Either way, we will find out shortly! I personally don't believe this will be held up that long as they're pretty much ready to go (according to Jimmy). At least the first three albums are.

Jimmy is all about surprise and a twist here and there. When it was publicized that there would be a

Day of Press on February 20th, by someone OTHER than Jimmy himself, I can just picture Jimmy saying...

"WTF! That's it - I'm talking when I'm good and ready now!"

Footnote: I personally LOVE the element of surprise, mystery, and the turn of one's head, that Jimmy

has always woven into the Zeppelin quilt. He is a master of the "A-HA!" factor.

Nice try. I like what I like, and we all like or dislike different songs for different reasons. This wasn't about (guitar overdub) principle, which is what you were trying to imply. My concern with the song involved more than overdubs, and also included the fact that it was a live track that had been sanitized and held out as a studio track, which it wasn't; or as Glyn stated, "a fake". Considering that the vast majority of Zeppelin studio songs have multi tracked and overdubbed guitars, I don't see why you would think that that was the sole issue. I'm not the only one here who expressed reservations about the track. The true context of the discussion is that some of us hope not to see the same tact taken with the new Deluxe Editions.

Well, I understand what you mean, but there's simply no way they would attempt that. Not in a post-DVD world.

Jimmy is all about surprise and a twist here and there. When it was publicized that there would be a

Day of Press on February 20th, by someone OTHER than Jimmy himself, I can just picture Jimmy saying...

"WTF! That's it - I'm talking when I'm good and ready now!"

Footnote: I personally LOVE the element of surprise, mystery, and the turn of one's head, that Jimmy

has always woven into the Zeppelin quilt. He is a master of the "A-HA!" factor.

...It wouldn't be an "A-HA!" moment if he just delayed a press conference. It would be childish...there would have been people set to attend that date, and Warner won't want to push these back any farther than they have to.

And as I've said before: It's 2014. The "myth" is dead -- I want the reality.

off topic but why is the JP solo thread locked? seems like a private conversation....in public

Well, that was overdue. Some people let their egos destroy an otherwise civil conversation. Glad to see the mods intervening. Thank-you for that.

Melcore, I agree that they would never try a We're Gonna Groove move in today's world. My preference would have been for them to have been factual about the origins of that track from the outset.

Well, that was overdue. Some people let their egos destroy an otherwise civil conversation. Glad to see the mods intervening. Thank-you for that.

Melcore, I agree that they would never try a We're Gonna Groove move in today's world. My preference would have been for them to have been factual about the origins of that track from the outset.

I agree...although I guess I view it historically, so-to-speak. It was done in an environment where we didn't have access to thousands of Led Zeppelin bootlegs, or interviews with the people involved, or what-have-you. It was from a much more controlled time...

As to the JP thread...I don't know if it needed to be locked, but I guess that's easier than going through and deleting all that drivel. I'm depressed to have been a part of it.

I agree...although I guess I view it historically, so-to-speak. It was done in an environment where we didn't have access to thousands of Led Zeppelin bootlegs, or interviews with the people involved, or what-have-you. It was from a much more controlled time...

As to the JP thread...I don't know if it needed to be locked, but I guess that's easier than going through and deleting all that drivel. I'm depressed to have been a part of it.

I am all in favor of the mods making some ego adjustments around here. There is some serious dysfunction here, amongst many people who want to share their love for this band, but are afraid to for being censured by some egomaniac. Led Zeppelin fans deserve better, and as we have seen, some people have publicly announced their resignation from this site. The mods get my full support for trying to set things right. This site should not be a battle of "intellectual and moral superiority". It should be a place for friends to share a love and a passion, and respect each other. New, and less informed members should be welcomed, as they are the future of the Led Zeppelin fan base. The only thing that matters to me is that we all love a great band, and share a common bond.

I am all in favor of the mods making some ego adjustments around here. There is some serious dysfunction here, amongst many people who want to share their love for this band, but are afraid to for being censured by some egomaniac. Led Zeppelin fans deserve better, and as we have seen, some people have publicly announced their resignation from this site. The mods get my full support for trying to set things right. This site should not be a battle of "intellectual and moral superiority". It should be a place for friends to share a love and a passion, and respect each other. New, and less informed members should be welcomed, as they are the future of the Led Zeppelin fan base. The only thing that matters to me is that we all love a great band, and share a common bond.

exactly, i thought we were all here to share in our love of Zep, from time to time i see all this petty squabling over nothing usually, shame really, as you cant detect tones, everything comes across as sounding twatish

anyway, back to the boxsets, gimmie ;)

exactly, i thought we were all here to share in our love of Zep, from time to time i see all this petty squabling over nothing usually, shame really, as you cant detect tones, everything comes across as sounding twatish

anyway, back to the boxsets, gimmie ;)

Well, if the info provided previously was correct, we should have answers in 24hrs from now. The countdown begins. Here's hoping for exciting news!

There's a good chance that the "Day of Press" scheduled for the 20th of this month won't happen.

Jimmy may reschedule any press time due to the leaked info. It has to be on his terms. If not this month probably sometime in March.

You have posted wholly unsubstantiated conjecture. Jimmy does have press duties to fulfill.

Better watch it SAJ, before the crazies start to send you bizarre PM's....

I agree, btw, I would prefer a few posts based on facts over hundreds based on opinions or conjecture at this point. Hopefully we will have some FACTS tomorrow! :yesnod:

we know the basics, what albums are being released, there is a companion disc (of everything that's on you tube ;) ) they have been remastered (again)

wouldn't you rather not know every single detail? in this day and age, a bit of mystery is refreshing, id like to take the disc home and find out then, why ruin the surprise(s)?

You have posted wholly unsubstantiated conjecture. Jimmy does have press duties to fulfill.

So Steve are you saying that you never once engaged in conjecture or opinions or conversation to surmise a situation? Never once on this board - ever? You always deal in facts Steve? Is that what you're saying? I'm quilt and you're not?

we know the basics, what albums are being released, there is a companion disc (of everything that's on you tube ;) ) they have been remastered (again)

wouldn't you rather not know every single detail? in this day and age, a bit of mystery is refreshing, id like to take the disc home and find out then, why ruin the surprise(s)?

How many times do I have to spell it out? NO, I DON'T WANT MYSTERY OR MYTHOLOGY. It's not "refreshing," it's annoying -- it's 2014...lack of news isn't interesting or surprising.

I want to know when these are coming out, in what format(s), and what's on them, so that I can save up enough money in order to buy them. Hopefully we get some actual "news" tomorrow as opposed to the old "they're coming out, and they have stuff on them" that we've been getting for over a year.

Archived