New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I'm sure it will happen, but will be when Jimmy knows things are right for it! Just be patient. I want the specifics regarding the box sets as much as anyone here! I think it will be worth the wait....but hopefully, not too long!

To put this all in perspective just look to the Live Aid and Atlantic 40th reunions. Jimmy Page was not ready to play at either show. Simply not prepared and the "shambolic" results showed clearly what happens when Jimmy is not in a frame of mind to be 100 percent behind an event. I truly believe that although the Davis interview revealed little to the uneducated eye, it upset Jimmy enough that he was and is willing to wait until HE is ready. Not when the press or public says they are ready. Jimmy has learned the power of the moment and he will not be denied.

Performance duties and promotional duties are completely different obligations. I've tried to be nice about this but your insistence that Jimmy is upset with Davis blah blah blah has become beyond tedious. Jimmy Page does have promotional duties to fulfill and he is executing them as Davis alluded to. Neither Davis nor Jimmy have uttered one damn word about there ever being a press conference today.

FFS, just release the damned things!

Wouldn't that would be a better surprise?

All the mystique ended in 1980 and besides press conferences are a bit of a bore unless you're there, plus, some clown will undoubtedly raise "that" question again.

Peace.

Performance duties and promotional duties are completely different obligations. I've tried to be nice about this but your insistence that Jimmy is upset with Davis blah blah blah has become beyond tedious. Jimmy Page does have promotional duties to fulfill and he is executing them as Davis alluded to. Neither Davis nor Jimmy have uttered one damn word about there ever being a press conference today.

He did alude to a 'press day,' but that may have been too much information for Jimmy.

He did alude to a 'press day,' but that may have been too much information for Jimmy.

A "press day" and a "press conference" have different meanings within industry parlance. Jimmy's press days normally cater to print media (magazines & newspapers) and time permitting a select few broadcasters (radio & television). I think everyone here knows what a press conference is, but I am not sure

how the two terms have become so misconstrued.

A "press day" and a "press conference" have different meanings within industry parlance. Jimmy's press days normally cater to print media (magazines & newspapers) and time permitting a select few broadcasters (radio & television). I think everyone here knows what a press conference is, but I am not sure

how the two terms have become so misconstrued.

A "Press Day" could also mean that Jimmy and the others will release a statement regarding the release dates of the boxes and some of the details (or specific details) with enough info for Rolling Stone, Billboard, Wire Services, cable networks and online music and news sites to go on with this. It may not be anything formal like the Celebration Day news conference in NYC nor the premieres that followed. More formal things, I'm sure will follow shortly after.

Steven - I am not going to be drawn into a war of words or have you twist my intent into whatever disfigured prose you wish.

I will however make one thing perfectly clear - the thought that you "have tried to be nice" about anything - even the smallest of things -

makes me laugh out loud!! Dude- you being nice?? C'mon!! You treat everyone on this Board like a piece of shit on your size 5 boots!!

THE SECOND someone speaks their mind or utters a single word that you don't happen to understand or makes your eye twitch -

you call them out and lambast them in such a juvenile way that it's truly embarrassing!!

If anything the good folk on this Board have been too "nice" to YOU my friend!

You once called me "delusional"...Steven A Jones. You dare call yourself a Led Zeppelin fan.

I think you may be getting a bit carried away with this Nirvana! Remember, it's just an upcoming Led Zeppelin release(s) we're talking about and not the advent of nuclear war or something quite serious!

While there may be something said about keeping your project under wraps until its ready there is no way that it should be dragged out this long. Its like having stale bread crumbs thrown at your feet suggesting that if you follow some fresh bread will be in store. So Jimmy, Whats the fucking release date already!!

Tick, tock....until this this is locked too!

I disagree with the statement above, btw. SAJ and I frequently disagree on different topics, but I haven't had any verbal wars with him. If he rubs you wrong, ignore him as he has dozens of others.

Tick, tock....until this this is locked too!

I disagree with the statement above, btw. SAJ and I frequently disagree on different topics, but I haven't had any verbal wars with him. If he rubs you wrong, ignore him as he has dozens of others.

Believe me Walter - I have TRIED to ignore him - many times!! He's like that mosquito that just keeps buzzing around and annoys everyone.

I realize what today was supposed to be and I gave my OPINION on what I thought - that Jimmy would not hold the Day of Press today - that's all!

It's not the end of the world or worse but I don't expect to be reprimanded by Steven EVERY time he feels the twitch. We are entitled to opinions,

conversation, and hearty discussion regarding one thing - LED ZEPPELIN. And if Steve can't handle that he can at least give us room to breathe!!

Jimmy himself, never said that today would be a day of press...it was someone else who said it. Who knows, if that was actually accurate to begin with. Anyway, I'm sure it will come shortly! Everyone, needs to be patient...and then we will be rewarded!

While there may be something said about keeping your project under wraps until its ready there is no way that it should be dragged out this long. Its like having stale bread crumbs thrown at your feet suggesting that if you follow some fresh bread will be in store. So Jimmy, Whats the fucking release date already!!

He told you the first three are coming this year...good grief, it's only February! Obviously some people don't fully realize how much time and attention Jimmy has committed to this project. I'll tell you this much, and you can bank on it (perhaps it will count for a lot given I'm apparently considered one of Jimmy's most critical commentators: these releases are going to knock your damn socks off!

haha, i just looked up the site and it said they were 2007 versions

You have to do some searching -- can't speak for the individual releases, but the bundle (under The Complete Studio Collection, similar to the Spotify tracks) is definitely the same as the MfiT.

Comparison: On the MfiT "Bonzo's Montreux," we have a count-in -- the Qobuz likewise has it. The other specifics that I've tested (dropouts in "Stairway") also correspond directly to the MfiT.

These will tide me over until we get the full releases. :P

Archived