New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Maybe they have found some new material to add to the sets.

Or maybe the guys all want to get their solo efforts out the way first, nobody wants to see ther old band racing up the charts while the solo stuff sort of languishes, with the spot light back on Led Zeppelin.?

Maybe they have found some new material to add to the sets.

Or maybe the guys all want to get their solo efforts out the way first, nobody wants to see ther old band racing up the charts while the solo stuff sort of languishes, with the spot light back on Led Zeppelin.?

Maybe to the first...highly doubtful as to the second.

Maybe to the first...highly doubtful as to the second.

I sort of have joined in the speculation here. :bagoverhead:

When I walk into the record store and ask if they have Led Zeppelin (SE) in stock, and they say yes here it is , I hope the staff have been trained in CPR.

I was thinking about the problems and delays they had back in the '70's concerning all the artwork - Because, if they do plan to release vinyl versions of these new remasters, that means they have to re-create all the original album covers, and, as you know, Physical Graffiti alone is a major project, to cite just one example. So there could be all sorts of things going on behind the scenes that weren't anticipated, and causing delays

I was thinking about the problems and delays they had back in the '70's concerning all the artwork - Because, if they do plan to release vinyl versions of these new remasters, that means they have to re-create all the original album covers, and, as you know, Physical Graffiti alone is a major project, to cite just one example. So there could be all sorts of things going on behind the scenes that weren't anticipated, and causing delays

Interesting point.

I wonder if they'll re-issue the spinning wheel on LZIII?

Surely the artrwork is available, the fact is it's all over the internet?

Are there really delays at all? We were told that the first three albums would be released in 2014, and the year is still very young. Jimmy has shown a preference for November in the past, has he not? Coda, and Celebration Day come to mind.

The cover art is child's play in this day and age. There will be no issue there. I would anticipate that everything will be faithfully reproduced. In many respects, I would think that Page, Jones, and Plant are looking at this venture as the Led Zeppelin swan song. The BIG one. The most meaningful one. The last chance, as it were. I would expect this to be done to high standards.

I'm listening.

Are there really delays at all? We were told that the first three albums would be released in 2014, and the year is still very young. Jimmy has shown a preference for November in the past, has he not? Coda, and Celebration Day come to mind.

Jimmy's New Year's statement could be taken any number of ways, but I personally saw it (hoped?) that it would NOT be all three at once...maybe the first album around May, Led II in August, and III in the fall...something like that.

But anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I'm listening.

Jimmy's New Year's statement could be taken any number of ways, but I personally saw it (hoped?) that it would NOT be all three at once...maybe the first album around May, Led II in August, and III in the fall...something like that.

But anyone's guess is as good as mine.

From a strictly marketing point of view, it makes most sense to stagger the releases and keep Zep in the public eye continually. I can't see them all coming out at the same time, so I suppose you are right, the first one could be along very shortly. Still, at this stage of the game it seems premature to call anything late, as has been suggested; especially considering Zeppelin time.

Does anyone here have extended albums by other bands, do they tend come out witha big fanfare or just for folk in the know.?

Ya, I've got several. Superfans get excited, but nobody else really does. I have not seen much fanfare accompany these types of releases, but you never know with Zep.

Are there really delays at all?

It would seem that way: The remasters were announced in December 2012, and the base album remasters -- assuming that the MfiT and Qobuz tracks are the base remasters -- were complete at that point...they printed vinyl in mid-2013. Surely something has held up these releases -- if it's something like licensing of music (in terms of rights), that's actually a good thing...

This is what's going to happen....there will be a RSD April 2014 release in the form of a 45RPM 7" single,and it will either be a replica of a pre existing single from one of the first four albums or a well known A-Side B/W an unreleased song or more likely alt. take of a previously released classic...or an unreleased song as the A side B/W an alt. version of a known song.

Then the first release will follow in May...just one initial title,probably ll or lV,to maximize excitement and profits.

The Stones did this exact same thing in 2010 with the hugely successful EOMS reissue...unreleased track for RSD followed by the roll out of a reissue campaign that spanned three years,ending with GRRR.....you can take "that' to the bank.

This is what's going to happen....there will be a RSD April 2014 release in the form of a 45RPM 7" single,and it will either be a replica of a pre existing single from one of the first four albums or a well known A-Side B/W an unreleased song or more likely alt. take of a previously released classic...or an unreleased song as the A side B/W an alt. version of a known song.

Then the first release will follow in May...just one initial title,probably ll or lV,to maximize excitement and profits.

The Stones did this exact same thing in 2010 with the hugely successful EOMS reissue...unreleased track for RSD followed by the roll out of a reissue campaign that spanned three years,ending with GRRR.....you can take "that' to the bank.

I could see this happening. Though i feel like Led Zeppelin I is powerful enough to still be the first release. If you're correct, cyber cookies to you good sir.

that would make perfect sense, would be a good launching point here. Dunno what the hold up is at this point, hopefully just licensing for cover songs and that kind of thing. I can't imagine there's much work left to do in terms of music and the add'l music, they're prolly just being super anal about every last aspect of this as even Jimmy has to know that after this, there isn't much led zeppelin to release, at least in terms of stuff that he's historically deemed worthy of release.

I think the hold up is they got a little behind schedule transfering and mastering a complete 1973 M.S.G. film, a complete 1975 Earls Court video, a complete 1979 Knewbowrth video, along with an extended 1970 Royal Albert Hall film to accompany the CD and outtake releases :stereo:

I think the hold up is they got a little behind schedule transfering and mastering a complete 1973 M.S.G. film, a complete 1975 Earls Court video, a complete 1979 Knewbowrth video, along with an extended 1970 Royal Albert Hall film to accompany the CD and outtake releases :stereo:

dream a little dream, dream a little dream. if only it were possible......

Does anyone here have extended albums by other bands, do they tend come out witha big fanfare or just for folk in the know.?

I've got all the Sabbath Deluxe expanded editions, no big advertising really, I think it's mostly hardcore fans find out about it, on forums like this.

Archived