New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

It'll be really cool to see what they do with the monochromatic PG and ITTOD. Seeing ITTOD in full technicolor would be cool, as an alternative to the sepia original. And the the big question is what do they do with that fugly Coda cover? Oh the suspense. I love it.

It'll be nice to have the Paris show without the French DJ giving station ID's....

That's for sure! I swear, every single time I hear that announcer it first shocks me (because I always get so into the music I forget it's coming) and then pisses me off all over again.

Coming from the guy that started the Zeppelin Mysteries thread and goes by the Alchemist's Archivist motto...I will take cryptic as my crime here Steven. Thank you sir!

Good, you do realize I was humoring you. More fun to be had as these new releases come.

That's for sure! I swear, every single time I hear that announcer it first shocks me (because I always get so into the music I forget it's coming) and then pisses me off all over again.

What announcer? Are we talking about the October 10, 1969 L'Olympia show? I have two releases of that show...Godfatherecords and another whose name escapes me...and neither has a dj announcer on it. It's music all the way through.

What announcer? Are we talking about the October 10, 1969 L'Olympia show? I have two releases of that show...Godfatherecords and another whose name escapes me...and neither has a dj announcer on it. It's music all the way through.

Yes. The show was rediscovered and broadcast in 2007. The first circulating versions were copies of the FM broadcast, complete with a French DJ/announcer. Shortly thereafter, the pre-FM tape -- without the announcements -- was released (first by TCOLZ, I believe).

According to BootLedZ, Godfather simply cut out the DJ -- and in the process, cut some music as well.

I like that 1969 L'Olympia show and sounds like the TCOLZ release would be good to have. I sure wish there was more info RIGHT THIS SECOND about the upcoming releases. Yes, yes, maybe tomorrow there will be more info, but I want it all and I want it now, which is a tough attitude in a world where the most important music for me happens on Zeppelin time.

I like that 1969 L'Olympia show and sounds like the TCOLZ release would be good to have. I sure wish there was more info RIGHT THIS SECOND about the upcoming releases. Yes, yes, maybe tomorrow there will be more info, but I want it all and I want it now, which is a tough attitude in a world where the most important music for me happens on Zeppelin time.

Listened to the pre-FM version several times yesterday -- it's a good show, for sure, and a nice source.

Hopefully tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow...

:P

Yes. The show was rediscovered and broadcast in 2007. The first circulating versions were copies of the FM broadcast, complete with a French DJ/announcer. Shortly thereafter, the pre-FM tape -- without the announcements -- was released (first by TCOLZ, I believe).

According to BootLedZ, Godfather simply cut out the DJ -- and in the process, cut some music as well.

I listen to that show a lot, being that it's one of my favourite 1969 concerts and the sound is very good. If there is music missing, it must be minuscule because I don't notice it.

I listen to that show a lot, being that it's one of my favourite 1969 concerts and the sound is very good. If there is music missing, it must be minuscule because I don't notice it.

The DJ never spoke for too long, and mostly during quiet passages.

Still, another knock against Godfather for me.

The DJ never spoke for too long, and mostly during quiet passages.

Still, another knock against Godfather for me.

It is still intrusive and jarring when I hear that voice.

It is still intrusive and jarring when I hear that voice.

Agreed!

EDIT: The Amazon page for the Led Zeppelin III vinyl reissue now has an image, but it's just the original artwork.

Not sure if these two links were posted, btw: The single-disc reissue of Led Zeppelin on CD; the two-disc version. Dug up by Glyn. If you look closely at the second image on the single-disc page, you can see that "Dazed and Confused" is being credited to "Jimmy Page, Inspired by Jake Holmes," similar to Celebration Day.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Led-Zeppelin/dp/B00IXHBHGI/ref=mb_oe_a

how the one disc version of LZ I appears......i love how legally pagey has had to revert to referring to D&C as inspired by Jake Holmes......

So question about the Olympia show: do we think it'll be complete? I mean assuming they add back in Moby Dick and cut out any and all time between songs, would it still fit on 80 mins? Figure that on vinyl at least the songs might be done out of order so that everything fits on 4 sides of vinyl as there are limits to each side of a given vinyl...

We know at the very least the order is a bit off as Side 1 is Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown and You Shook me, while Side 3 is White Summer/Black Mountainside and Moby Dick, which is a bit out of order for how the show actually progressed right?

Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown

I Can't Quit You Baby

Heartbreaker

Dazed and Confused

White Summer / Black Mountainside

You Shook Me

Moby Dick

How Many More Times

I'd assume there could be some cuts in HMMT just given there tended to be covers in there that might not have gotten cleared....will be interesting to see how much pagey cleaned up here. Even more interesting will be what bits and pieces come out later, this to me puts Japan 1971 on the table, although didn't jimmy already say something about alt takes of Levee? Still sticking to my thought that depending on the album/era, you could get a mix of live and studio outtakes, just think for LZ I there's only the live stuff really as they didnt have anymore, whereas there's more available for LZ II and certainly for LZ III

Beat me to it! :P

So question about the Olympia show: do we think it'll be complete? I mean assuming they add back in Moby Dick and cut out any and all time between songs, would it still fit on 80 mins? Figure that on vinyl at least the songs might be done out of order so that everything fits on 4 sides of vinyl as there are limits to each side of a given vinyl...

The pre-FM version of the show, lacking "Moby Dick," runs to 78 minutes...so it will almost certainly be incomplete.

So...assuming that the second disc of the LZ set is comprised of the Olympia concert...does that mean we'll have to wait until Coda to get "Baby Come on Home" on disc? I really hope that isn't the case, and I fear the same for "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?"...

I can live without another "Moby Dick".

I can live without another "White Summer"

I'd rather ditch both solo tracks in favor of other songs from the concert (assuming they dont all fit on the other two sides).

They will almost certainly be available on iTunes...in fact, they already are!

Now, whether it'll be a staggered release...who knows? That's happened before. I only hope they don't go the route of putting extra tracks in a lossy-only format.

Also: When Presence is inverted/negativized, it looks downright demonic. :P

Archived