New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

perhaps the Zep 1 outtakes are thin on the ground as the material was well rehearsed, played and recorded in a short amount of time

prolly whatever quality page has of them isn't good enough and there simply isn't enough in terms of outtakes to justify a whole disc. LZ I is the high value one of the bunch here just in terms of the LENGTH of the material, you're getting a full 80 minute concert mixed and mastered as far as we can tell by the pros with Jimmy.

Completist in me wants to get the super deluxe, but simply too expensive to get all 9 and considering im gunna buy every single one of these, wanna be consistent. Prolly end up buying the two disc versions of each one of these, looks like an all around great package and definitely worth the $20 you'll pay for each record. Still, to me the most exciting will be when they roll out the next three: LZ IV, House of the Holy and Physical Graffiti could have some real gems.

so assuming page is at least doing some promo work for this, safe to assume he'll be in new york promoting around mid-may? Only saying that because he'll be in boston may 10 to receive his doctorate of music at berklee.....

Wonder if Jonesy and Plant will do any promo, highly doubt it, but would be interesting to see if they got involved in all this given we know that all 3 guys were heavily involved in the curation of these sets.

so assuming page is at least doing some promo work for this, safe to assume he'll be in new york promoting around mid-may? Only saying that because he'll be in boston may 10 to receive his doctorate of music at berklee.....

Wonder if Jonesy and Plant will do any promo, highly doubt it, but would be interesting to see if they got involved in all this given we know that all 3 guys were heavily involved in the curation of these sets.

JPJ seemed to be posting the album covers today on facebook but no official announcement, but jeez, this thread exploded so why bother ;)

I was hoping some kind of HD video would be in these sets. If not the 1st three, maybe some of Earls Court in the next three and some Seattle and/or Knebworth in the last three - would love to see it in better quality than what was on Led Zeppelin DVD back in 2003. Also wondering how the 30,000 numbering works for the print in the Super Deluxe Box sets. If I order from Amazon now, am I assured of getting a numbered print? I can't wait for June 3rd.

The 2 BIGLY takes from the 'Olympic Gold' CD are both awesome. There must be more alt. takes of other songs. Maybe some of the

recordings from the 'rehearsal' tapes from '73 and '75.. might show up.

ex: Schooldays-Shakin' All Over-Hungry for Love- Dynamaite-Move It-Love Me Like A Hurricane-GoGoGO-Reeling and Rocking etc..

( 'Johnny Kidd and Pirates' set.)

Gotta love a new Zep release!!! The art work is incredible, IMO, and based on the fact that I have never collected any of the bootleg studio stuff - the LZ III "jams" are gonna be all new to me!

Question, the "rough mixes" they have listed for WLL, Ramble On, etc., what does that actually mean - the released song in a different state of completion or a completely different version of it? The alternate mix of Immigrant Song, completely different or just parts missing from the final release?

Thanks!

:peace:

I was hoping some kind of HD video would be in these sets. If not the 1st three, maybe some of Earls Court in the next three and some Seattle and/or Knebworth in the last three - would love to see it in better quality than what was on Led Zeppelin DVD back in 2003. Also wondering how the 30,000 numbering works for the print in the Super Deluxe Box sets. If I order from Amazon now, am I assured of getting a numbered print? I can't wait for June 3rd.

i dunno, maybe if we're lucky with the later sets there might be something but wouldnt get the hopes up. This seems to be an audio experience unless he came up with something substantial that he could get produced in HD I'd guess no. Would be cool if they did some sort of documentary type thing for the records with interviews with the guys and archival footage, but just posted it online as a promo tie-in. That to me would be cool as it not only provides further insight, stories, etc. but serves the purpose of promoting each record. Wouldn't have to be longer than 10-15 mins for each record i'd reckon....get me on zeppelin's marketing team!

Gotta love a new Zep release!!! The art work is incredible, IMO, and based on the fact that I have never collected any of the bootleg studio stuff - the LZ III "jams" are gonna be all new to me!

Question, the "rough mixes" they have listed for WLL, Ramble On, etc., what does that actually mean - the released song in a different state of completion or a completely different version of it? The alternate mix of Immigrant Song, completely different or just parts missing from the final release?

Thanks!

:peace:

we don't really know now do we?

Maybe immigrant song has a solo at the end, we simply don't have a clue. We do know that jimmy mentioned SIBLY as having an alt take that they were putting out there. Rough mixes to me can be alternate versions wholly or versions that are missing various overdubs or have different sounds on them. WLL i'd imagine the soundscape in the middle is likely the thing that would be way different for example

i dunno, maybe if we're lucky with the later sets there might be something but wouldnt get the hopes up. This seems to be an audio experience unless he came up with something substantial that he could get produced in HD I'd guess no. Would be cool if they did some sort of documentary type thing for the records with interviews with the guys and archival footage, but just posted it online as a promo tie-in. That to me would be cool as it not only provides further insight, stories, etc. but serves the purpose of promoting each record. Wouldn't have to be longer than 10-15 mins for each record i'd reckon....get me on zeppelin's marketing team!

A Beatles type anthology would have been cool with interviews with Page/Plant/Jones. I guess we could hope that if these 9 releases are audio only, maybe the next round of Zep activity in 3-5 years could be some rare video with inteviews/recollections with the band. Since Jimmy doesn't release new material of his own, he has time and this could be his next Led Zeppelin work.

Wow. I woke up to another info explosion today. Great stuff for Zep fans. So, as a collector, I think I will be buying the Deluxe CD set, the Deluxe LP set, and the Super Deluxe Box Set to keep sealed. That's what I did with the Sabbath "13" release, and it worked nicely.

This is total speculation, and probably without any merit, but Jimmy did say that he was going to "unlessh" some material under his solo banner this year; is it remotely possible that he would use this venue to release some of the post 02 recordings? Those, coupled with the XYZ demos really would be the fitting grand finale to this Zeppelin explosion of archival material. We all know what he hoped those tracks would amount to, but calling them Page solo tracks, with JPJ and Jason Bonham, could be a way around the Zeppelin issue. Hmmm, it's fun to dream.

Enjoy and savor these moments folks. I would not be surprised if this was the bookend to the Zeppelin legacy.

Normally when they ship it which would be the release day.

I'm counting on that. I just now pre-ordered the deluxe CDs (all three) on Amazon and they didn't charge my card. One reason is that the pre-order price is guaranteed to be no higher, but if the price (please god) goes down before June 3 release date, you get the lower price. So they don't charge you right away.

just ordered the two disc versions via amazon. the price match feature is great and i recall taking advantage of it for celebration day which really panned out well. Essentially, nothing hits your card until when it ships at which point you get charged the lowest quoted price. Just don't listen to vinyl enough and it's just too pricey. Having these different options though is appreciated, they do it the right way.

I remember sabbath put out a dvd last year and you had to pay an arm and a leg just to get the full concert, the standard edition was truncated from the get-go which was nauseating. This at least you can get the full albums remastered and then pick and choose how dep you want to go on each package.

I'm counting on that. I just now pre-ordered the deluxe CDs (all three) on Amazon and they didn't charge my card. One reason is that the pre-order price is guaranteed to be no higher, but if the price (please god) goes down before June 3 release date, you get the lower price. So they don't charge you right away.

The charge is only applied when an order is ready for dispatch,

I remember sabbath put out a dvd last year and you had to pay an arm and a leg just to get the full concert, the standard edition was truncated from the get-go which was nauseating. This at least you can get the full albums remastered and then pick and choose how dep you want to go on each package.

I agree, as much as I love Sabbath, that was disgusting. Zep have always subscribed to some level of fair play wit their releases, and I respect them for it. Always classy.

Archived