New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Absolutely agree with Dark Lord. Jimmy did this for the fans. He cannot invent music that was not played 40 years ago. It is what it is and looks great. Of course, everyone will have their own frustrations regarding the material included or excluded. To me, I think Jimmy could have included the unreleased BBC sessions in the LZ II companion disc for example, but I absolutely trust taht we will be getting something really special.

SO: THANKS JIMMY A THOUSAND TIMES!!!!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I truly hope that everyone can find the good in these releases. We really are fortunate.

I can't help but wonder if "La La" is a 1969 precursor to the "la la" section of The Ocean. Or us it possible that it is "LA LA", as in Los Angeles, Los Angeles? The album was recorded on the road.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I truly hope that everyone can find the good in these releases. We really are fortunate.

I can't help but wonder if "La La" is a 1969 precursor to the "la la" section of The Ocean. Or is it possible that it is "LA LA", as in Los Angeles, Los Angeles? The album was recorded on the road.

I'm really looking forward to dropping the needle. Either I repair the wire on my AKG' s or get a new set of cans. My Isolation buds are good, but when I think vinyl, I think old school headphones, not ear buds.....I can not wait to hear Roberts vocal on BIGLY, or the Leslie effect on his voice on Hats Off to Roy Harper, will the reverse echo be more pronounced on WLL? It's the nuances we have grown to love I'm most looking forward too for this project....Will they now be more pronounced, will new ones come to light ,ie the phone ringing during Jimmys solo in the Ocean when the box set was given to us back in '90 ...... this will be another great summer of Led Zeppelin listening.

While I would really love to have all the super deluxe box sets...I'm another one of those whose wallet just can't take it, especially if they are only available for a short time. although the pricing for everything is exceptional imo.

I have to have the vinyl....so if I can't scrounge up for the deluxes before they run out...I'll just buy the vinyl pkgs and save my $$$ for the Super Deluxe of LZIV & Physical Graffiti. I see the point of having sealed versions from an investment point of view...but being the massive music fan that I am I have never bought a vinyl record that I did not open up and play !!! :rolleyes:

I can not wait to hear Roberts vocal on BIGLY, or the Leslie effect on his voice on Hats Off to Roy Harper, will the reverse echo be more pronounced on WWL? It's the nuances we have grown to love I'm most looking forward too for this project....Will they now be more pronounced, will new ones come to light ,ie the phone ringing during Jimmys solo in the Ocean when the box set was given to us back in '90 ...... this will be another great summer of Led Zeppelin listening.

You could get a non-vinyl taste of it right now by getting the remastered BIGLY, Hats Off, and WWL (WLL?) from iTunes....

I believe the "Bathroom Sound" on LZIII will be an outtake of Out On The Tiles - I remember reading that somewhere.

That's what Rolling Stone said: an instrumental version of "Out on the Tiles"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/led-zeppelin-to-reissue-first-3-lps-with-unreleased-songs-20140313#ixzz2vtoe5p7m

Will definitely be ordering the Super Deluxe versions. Just gotta have them. :thumbsup: Great that they've included a 70 page hardbound book with these. I guess in the cd format, you'll get the same book, but much smaller and not hardbound.

Seems like a lot of great material is to be included with the first three releases. Can't wait for the next three as those will be quite interesting for sure. Especially PG! :hurrah:

Love your long post earlier, Dark Lord. Well said and really hit it home on that! :goodpost:

Getting into this almost like Christmas Day :santa: and listening to the Paris 69 show. That became available on various sites around the time of the 2007 reunion. Even better is that it's such a great performance by the band! :bravo:

Someone mentioned here today that the GTBT/CB on the boxed set is 4:05. Mine is 4:06. Perhaps, little editing of this until perhaps, HMMT with the medley. Jimmy may remove some, when they're just little snippets of songs and not worth securing the rights (monetarily) for these! :unsure:

June 3rd can't come soon enough for me! :banana:

No. I disagree. The classic vinyl re-issues are amazing quality. Nothing since has been as good. I don't see the need to release the entire catalog once again other than monetary. Nothing wrong with making money.

It's not a cash grab. What everyone needs to remember is that if Jimmy had his way, we would have had new Zeppelin material long ago. The fact is that this will never happen. As Jimmy has crept up on 70, he has realized that there is material in the vaults that he would like to get out to the fan base; some of it will be breath taking, and some of it underwhelming, but the fact is that this is it. His hands are tied. All I can say is thank goodness he was motivated to spend countless hours cleaning this up for us, and remastering the original discs. If not for his love of all things Zep, and his respect for the fans, we might never have seen this material. Jimmy has done remarkable work here, and has made a proverbial purse out of a sow's ear. Please, think about it before you beat this stuff down, and criticize the man. Just imagine what an undertaking this was for him. It was simply massive. Don't forget that there are demos with JPJ singing (probably from ITTOD or LZ IV). Alternate versions of SIBLY and No Quarter too. There is much to be excited about here, and I for one cannot thank Jimmy enough for doing this for us. As I have said before, enjoy this moment. No, better yet, savor it. This is likely the last that we will see, and before long, the Jimmy Page's of the world will be gone. He didn't do this as a cash grab. He does not need the money. He did it for us. Let's keep that in mind and keep this all in perspective.

Could not agree more! I completely appreciate what we ARE getting...25 years ago I would have killed for the Zeppelin goodies we have been getting the last 11 years (DVD segment and How The West Was Won, etc.)

Just checked over at Amazon in the US and Led Zeppelin I Super Deluxe has dropped to $114 with the other two albums, still listed at $134. Even with these price tags the three albums today (Led Zep I, III and II are the 3, 4 and 5 best selling releases on the site today, in that order. Some of the deluxe cd offerings are a little farther down the list. I guess the core fans have spoken today! :yesnod:

Edit: Led Zep II just dropped a few minutes ago to $114 as well!

I guess the core fans have spoken today! :yesnod:

I was afraid that those Super Deluxe boxes were going to cost upwards of $200 each. When I noticed that they were only a hundred and change each, it took me all of 20 seconds to pre-order all three. In my opinion, it's a pretty good deal for longtime fans considering what the boxes contain.

...Indebted to the Legendary Musician for this great gift of music to the fans world over...Led Zeppelin is Great Gift from God, as he knows and told us long ago,

Jimmy it is an honour to share your iconic spiritual and timeless vision... will be listening to these soon over and over again.... you know that you are loved and loved........

I was afraid that those Super Deluxe boxes were going to cost upwards of $200 each. When I noticed that they were only a hundred and change each, it took me all of 20 seconds to pre-order all three. In my opinion, it's a pretty good deal for longtime fans considering what the boxes contain.

Welcome to the forum LordStanley! :welcome2: You picked a great day as a Zeppelin fan to come on board! Hope you enjoy it here!

Archived